Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:10:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372259 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 20, 2010, 01:42:08 PM »

No worries, Flyers!!  This is not going to be another episode of "speed dating", LOL!!  For one, she's never had a boyfriend before, so it will all be new to her.  Two, I learned my lesson with Tiffanye, "speed dating" doesn't work.  Being an Associate Pastor now, I have to really watch myself closely and really uphold the integrity of the Bible and the integrity of the Pulpit in our relationship.  I can't afford to be "careless" with this relationship as I was with Tiffanye, for it could not only cost me my relationship, but it could cause me to have my ordination revoked, something that would be very embarrasing.

This will be a great test for me and since we're just starting out as friends, not even technically BF/GF, we won't be tempted to go too fast.

We will be having our first double date either this Tuesday night or Friday night, depending on her and the other couple's schedule.

Wow, you two sound like a couple of complete dorks.  You’re going to have to post a picture of her to calm my dorkphobia. Wink

On a slightly more serious note.... your motive for having integrity should be aimed at winning the approval of God, not winning the approval of men, for it is from God that your salvation and ordination originates.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »

BushOK...you don't happen to be related to Mike Naso, do you?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:43:54 AM »

BushOK...you don't happen to be related to Mike Naso, do you?

Nope.  Not related... Anyway, the date went great and we decided to go a hole-in-the-wall type diner in NE Oklahoma County in the town of Jones.  We came back and played a couple games of UNO and then talked with her mother for a little while and watched the end of LOST season premier.  Friday, we're thinking about going to see a movie together, do something different for us.

sincerely, I'm glad you two had a good time.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »

She met my parents tonight and it was a HUGE success!!  They love her and she loves them.  They told me that they could tell that she needs me and I needed her and that she really likes me.  They didn't think Tiffanye even liked me and definitely didn't need me.  So, it was a great first encounter with her and my parents.  Friday night, we'll either have another game night with our friends, or we might have a movie night with my parents.  Saturday is a Valentine's Banquet and she will be going to church with me Sunday morning.  So, it will be a great weekend up ahead!!

You're in violation of point number one of Fast Time's Five Point Plan: First of all 'Dat, you never let on how much you like a girl.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies