Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372302 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: January 27, 2010, 11:55:57 PM »

Only ironic celebrities and Oklahomans can get away with taking a date to IHOP.

Its food fare is crap. Other than that, if you are on a limited budget, it is OK for a date. Don't pretend to be what you are not. I would recommend however, after eating the pancake crap (bad for the diet, and its non breakfast food is almost non-digestible), I would suggest some activity with well, lower lights, even if it is making out in a car. JMO.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »

Do people really formally ask that kind of question? I've never asked a girl to "be my girlfriend" before or experienced it the other way around. Smiley

No, and I won't go into detail about how I have done it in the past. Some of it would be rather embarrassing for starters. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2010, 08:43:14 PM by Torie »

Do people really formally ask that kind of question? I've never asked a girl to "be my girlfriend" before or experienced it the other way around. Smiley

No, and I won't go into detail about how I have done it in the past. Some of it would be rather embarrassing for starters. Smiley

When in doubt whip it out?

Nice rhyme thing  there. Are you a poet?  Smiley

When it doubt
Whip it out
And then you'll know
If it's a go

Just trying to finish your little artistic effort.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »

Another awesome date this evening!!  We have now been with each other 9 times over the past month and our fondness for each other is growing by leaps and bounds every time we meet.  I know it's still a bit early to say this, and you can disagree until you are blue in the face, but this is true and genuine love now.  We still need quite a bit more time before things start happening, but we are rapidly approaching the true love stage if we're not there already.  Depending on the weather, I will probably spend most of the day with her and her family this Saturday.

To get a tad serious here, what does "true and genuine love" mean to you BushOK?  Feel free to ignore this question, since it is rather personal and intrusive. But I think it is something to ponder that might be worthwhile.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »

Just when you thought PG rated romance stories were a thing of the past ...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 10:10:11 AM »

This soap opera is beginning to bog down. I think it needs new script writers. Smiley  It is a pity, because it started off so well, with this pastor purportedly knocking someone up in a one night stand, and all, and now we are down to the "suspense" of whether the marriage date will be before Obamacare is revamped or after.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »

This may seem like an off the wall comment, but what kind of pressure will be put on the relationship if one loses their excess weight and the other does not?  If it were me, that would be a serious concern, beyond the health concerns down the road.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 09:05:46 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2010, 09:07:58 PM by Torie »

I've never heard of a couple having marriage counselling before their wedding Grin

Well, that's just another thing to add to your list of things of which you have never previous heard.

Its actually rather commonplace, and required by many members of the clergy.

Not only that, but it's required by the State of Oklahoma and the County of Oklahoma County where I live and where the wedding will happen.  Not to mention, it drops the price of the marriage license from $50 to $5.  That is the least important of the benefits, but it is a benefit, nonetheless.

Regarding pre-marital religious counseling, I remember one of my legal partners back when, who was married in the  Catholic Church, regaling me about the priest counseling the soon to be married happy couple, that the only position for them to "do it" was the missionary position. I guess the concern was that each and every sex act should have the potential for procreation or something, I don't know.  I wonder if that is still done in those circles. Needless to say, the strictures in that particular instant case were ignored, both before and after the fact. I myself would be unable to go through that prophylactic regimen. I would say, hey, that is just ludicrous, and decamp, and get married by some guru on Bali or something. I am indeed an opinionated SOB I admit, particularly when it comes to truncating my own pleasure, and that of my partner, whomever that may be. There had better be a darn good reason to do so. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Probably what the Reverend has in mind here, is not what came to my mind when I read this. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »

Maybe BushOK's opinion on this should be sought. He may not mind, and may understand that the bulk of the posters here basically other than politics, just have one main thing on their mind, including even some of the olds. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies