Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:37:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372288 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« on: January 25, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TAKE HER TO A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT. I know Oklahoma's a little different from the rest of America, but you guys aren't that different.

Find a Denny's, find a Shari's, find a Shoney's, find a whatever. Just make sure the place involves a waiter.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »

Do people really formally ask that kind of question? I've never asked a girl to "be my girlfriend" before or experienced it the other way around. Smiley

It happens in middle school. And Oklahoma, apparently.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

She met my parents tonight and it was a HUGE success!!  They love her and she loves them.  They told me that they could tell that she needs me and I needed her and that she really likes me.  They didn't think Tiffanye even liked me and definitely didn't need me.  So, it was a great first encounter with her and my parents.  Friday night, we'll either have another game night with our friends, or we might have a movie night with my parents.  Saturday is a Valentine's Banquet and she will be going to church with me Sunday morning.  So, it will be a great weekend up ahead!!

Did they like Tiffanye too?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »

Aren't proposals supposed to be meaningful and a surprise for the girl? I've never heard of someone planning on when they will propose. What's the point if it's already been decided? Just give her the ring!

Clearly you've never seen the Sex and the City movie.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

A few weeks ago I thought about posting that they'd be engaged before mid-April. Pity I didn't act on it.

The wedding will either be called of or will have occurred by the end of the summer. The only thing delaying this is that a wedding actually requires planning as opposed to an engagement which, as we have seen, can happen on a whim.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

Will there be an Atlas lottery for tickets to the wedding?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:06 PM »

Maybe we can all pitch in for Mechaman to drive down and run a lifefeed of the event.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find in the local papers.

Only if there is alcohol and teenagers at this event.

We can arrange that if you agree to go.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 10:28:34 PM »

I'm finding out more and more each day that she is the one for me!!

uhhhh...

Type of thing you might want to find out before getting engaged.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 09:00:11 AM »

I've never heard of a couple having marriage counselling before their wedding Grin

Well, that's just another thing to add to your list of things of which you have never previous heard.

Its actually rather commonplace, and required by many members of the clergy.

Is that where engaged couples are reminded that they'll go to hell for all eternity if they have sex before the big day?

Or if they get a divorce.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »

Anyway, here is an update.  We are learning one very important key to a relationship, COMMUNICATION!!  We are learning to communicate with each other about our concerns and that is enabling us to work through them.  She has shared some concerns, mainly about cleanliness and including her in decisions.  I have shared concerns about not letting her mom or anyone tell us how to run our household or even our wedding plans.

THIS IS STUFF YOU SHOULD'VE LEARNED BEFORE YOU GOT ENGAGED. IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE TO DATE A WOMAN FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME SO YOU'RE SURE THINGS LIKE COMMUNICATION WON'T BE AN ISSUE. THE ENGAGEMENT IS NOT THE TIME YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies