Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:01:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372254 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 17, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »

Just FYI, if you intend to be taken seriously as a Reverend, you might want to spell it correctly...Wink

Just sayin'.  You should probably edit the title of the thread.

Anyways, congrats.  Hope you have a great V-day, after which you can start focusing on driving the snakes out of Ireland.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »

International House of Pancakes?

Of course, I've never been, but it doesn't sound too bad. It's not fancy or anything, but if you have a relaxed, fun attitude towards dating it sounds like it could be fun.

Obviously, they aren't exactly fine dining, but it's a very nice little chain.  I've been to IHOP in several states in different parts of the country, and it's hardly McDonalds.

I actually went to an IHOP post-prom with my prom date, on her suggestion.  We had a good time.  I suppose I have slightly more romantic views of IHOP than most Americans due to that experience, but it's hardly a dump by anyone's standards.  If BushOK keeps with his diet, he could have had an excellent salad...or he could have had chocolate chip pancakes.  Tongue  Which was it?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »

Good luck, Rev!  We're rooting for you!

By the way, does your new status as a Reverend impress her?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:28:38 PM »

BushOK...you don't happen to be related to Mike Naso, do you?

Nope.  Not related... Anyway, the date went great and we decided to go a hole-in-the-wall type diner in NE Oklahoma County in the town of Jones.  We came back and played a couple games of UNO and then talked with her mother for a little while and watched the end of LOST season premier.  Friday, we're thinking about going to see a movie together, do something different for us.

If it's working for you, I'm happy.  Are you still on your militant G-or-PG-rated movie fixation?  What would you see?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »

Good luck!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »

Continuing our live coverage of the event. This makes 6 hours of live coverage. We turn to our man on the ground for live coverage.

This is a momentous afternoon today in Oklahoma. At this hour we have confirmed that BushOK is now engaged.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »

Maybe we can all pitch in for Mechaman to drive down and run a lifefeed of the event.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find in the local papers.

Only if there is alcohol and teenagers at this event.

We can arrange that if you agree to go.

Alright broskies.
If I'm not doing anything on April 2nd, 2011 I'll consider it.

And everyone will ask who that disreputable-looking gentleman is and how he's friends with the groom.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »

Disney World?  Nothing more romantic comes to mind?

Btw I've been with[ish] a girl for almost 3 years and we talk almost every day too.  She'd punch me [or run away] if I tried to throw a ring at her any time between now and the next 4-5 years though. Wink

What?  You live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan!  Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 12:10:54 AM by The Lord High Executioner »

I will take her on a vacation every year, in so far as possible.  I've already promised her for her 27th birthday in October 2011, I am going to take her to Branson, Missouri to spend the weekend!!

https://tickets.yakov.com/mainstore.asp?cid=1203

Do it.  Do it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 11:25:51 PM »

I can help arrange your honeymoon in Vegas if you want.  My wife will keep Susan occupied, while you and I will take care of a dozen hookers and a giant bag of blow.  You'll love it.

Hookers and blow?  You're a generous fellow.

Will your good friend the Senate Majority Leader be attending the festivities?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »

I have met my match on advanced planning.  Susan has officially beaten me to the punch on Christmas 2010 planning.  I normally don't get started until Father's Day in June, but she's more than a month ahead of me.  She gave me her first idea for Christmas over this past weekend and we are still 6 months until Thanksgiving.  So, I guess this is going to an advanced planning family!!  Next thing you know we'll plan our first anniversary right after our wedding.

A match truly made in heaven.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »

OK, people.  I know quite a few of you (myself included), disagree with BushOK on this.  However, I will not smile on you guys constantly harping on this issue all the way from now until April.  It ruins the entertainment value of this thread (the vacation to Branson, MO is still my favorite) when every other post is "did you f**k her yet?  Why aren't you f**king her yet?"
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

I'm not saying I'd lock or delete this thread, I'm just telling you guys to cut Bushie some slack now and again.  The guy's going through all this trouble to entertain us, the least we can do is let him tell the story his own way.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »

Flyers should really be barred from posting on any thread related to women whatsoever.  Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »

Flyers should really be barred from posting on any thread related to women whatsoever.  Wink

Facist much?

Wink tends to mean someone's not entirely serious.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

You could cut out the middleman...that American flag might very well be made in China itself.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »

You could cut out the middleman...that American flag might very well be made in China itself.

That sounds wrong, yet very possible.

If you want to make sure your American flag is made in America, and want a special flag, contact your Congress(wo)man.  The House and Senate offices sell very reasonably-priced American flags that have been flown at the US Capitol.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 10:27:23 AM »

Bushie, do you avoid booze for religious reasons or for something else?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »

Just for the record, when Andrew and I move in together next month I am the head of the household and he will obey me.

*Awaits s**tstorm tomorrow* Grin

Well, being bald is an indication of manliness, I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies