Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:17:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372250 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 17, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »

You do understand that I will never, ever address you as Reverend Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

Right. Did you sell that ring or what? No need to buy another! Save where you can!

Tiffanye's ring was a leftover from my first fiancee' back in early 2006.  It's bringing me bad luck.  Plus, I think Susan wants a special design on her ring.  Our mutual friend who put us together is going to talk with her and get the specifics and go with me to help pick it out.  I already have an open account at Gordon's Jewelers, so we'll probably start there.

Stop
Getting
Engaged
Every
Five
Minutes
Unless
Marriage
Is
Really
THAT
Cheap
To
You.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »

You know my politics and some of my personal life, but you really don't know me. 

We know of an individual who has rushed two marriage proposals and been burned and is presently rushing a third, thinking of marriage in depth on the 2nd date, and a few weeks in, already planning the wedding date. 

You say we don't know you because we barely know you.  Well, 99.9% it takes more than a few weeks to truly know someone is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you've done this a couple times before...

Couldn't agree more.

He not only undervalues marriage so greatly that he has had two previous engagments broken off, he now has a 3rd. All so he can have 'legit sex.' It's not his brain or heart that's driving this...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:37:14 PM »

I would think that nobody is "the boss" in a loving relationship.

Correct.  As the man, I am the head of the household and will generally have the final say, but she will have just as much authority as I will in the house, and I will never contradict her authority nor will she ever contradict my authority.  If we disagree on an issue, especially with our future children, we will never contradict each other in front of the kids and will discuss it later, in private.

Disturbing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies