Where do you draw the line on murdering innocents?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Where do you draw the line on murdering innocents?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many Iraqis would you be willing to kill to lower the price of gas a nickle?
None, this war is an obscene grab for finite resources.

Hey, you gotta breat a few eggs to make an omlette.

Don't be a neophyte tenderfoot.  It's a new, scary world and we are the police now.

As many as it takes to win the so called "War on Terror"

Duh...all of em?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Where do you draw the line on murdering innocents?  (Read 2066 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2004, 01:08:27 AM »

I choose option one because this was is an obscene power grab for resources and your countrymen are dying for a lie that you participate in perpetrating if you don't question it and oppose it.

If you support the war, you are complicit in murder.  You are an accomplice in the murder of innocent children and women if you support an unjust war for oil.

freedomburns
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 01:12:57 AM »

All of them, because I hate brown people and I drink gasoline instead of orange juice for breakfastt.  Sometimes, I just drive my hummer in circles just to waste gas so that even more of my country's finest will have to needlessly die in the desert.  I love to burn gasoline instead of firewood to stay wamr in winter because the smell reminds me of my life-long dream of working for Halliburton.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 01:15:46 AM »

All of them, because I hate brown people and I drink gasoline instead of orange juice for breakfastt.  Sometimes, I just drive my hummer in circles just to waste gas so that even more of my country's finest will have to needlessly die in the desert.  I love to burn gasoline instead of firewood to stay wamr in winter because the smell reminds me of my life-long dream of working for Halliburton.

Also, Dick Cheney is a handsome and charming man.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 01:19:22 AM »

I picked #5. Imagine how awesome 1.95$ gas would be.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 01:22:27 AM »

I know, and plus, there will be less brown people in the world.  Isn't it great?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 02:34:37 AM »

I like that post JF.  I was surfing through it and I some sarcasm got stuck on my mouse cursor.  Now it looks like a lttle devil icon. 

I think some sarcasm dripped onto my keyboard, too.  Damn, now where did I leave that spray can of Sarcasm-Away?

fb
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 02:43:18 AM »

I know, and plus, there will be less brown people in the world.  Isn't it great?

I'm wooried about the yellow people. Gotta fry the Gooks.
Aegir
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 07:42:21 AM »
« Edited: October 23, 2004, 12:35:13 PM by Aegir »

Liberals only care when the the enemy has casualties.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 05:32:51 PM »

Conservatives are heartless goons who do not care at all about tens of thousands of deaths if they are not Americans.

How can you sleep at night?

freedomburns
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 06:25:30 PM »

freedomburns,

May i respond with a similarly wacko statement:

How many millions of people died because of environmentalists? Remember DDT? Tens of millions of people died of malaria that could have lived. Malaria was nearly wiped out in the 1960s, yet thanks to enviromentalist lefties it's around again.

How do you sleep at night?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 06:29:58 PM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I sleep at night by climbing in bed and falling asleep.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 07:58:14 PM »

"If your country has brown people, watch the  out!" -

George Carlin
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 08:01:01 PM »

That's what we pay in Georgia. We have the lowest gas prices in the nation. Don't you just hate us? (We still bitch about the prices though though)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 10:54:24 PM »

That's what we pay in Georgia. We have the lowest gas prices in the nation. Don't you just hate us? (We still bitch about the prices though though)

Gas prices in anywhere in America is probably still cheaper than here in Canada.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 11:19:55 PM »

I choose option one because this was is an obscene power grab for resources and your countrymen are dying for a lie that you participate in perpetrating if you don't question it and oppose it.

If you support the war, you are complicit in murder.  You are an accomplice in the murder of innocent children and women if you support an unjust war for oil.

freedomburns

dude, what the hell happened to you?

I know you're not so naive.  Of course it's an obscene grad for resources.  And that's precisely why so many will have to be killed.  Gold (oil, money, land, whatever manifestation of wealth you prefer) is the only reason we ever wage war.  Where does one draw the line?  Pretty much as far past the bumper of your gas-guzzling SUV as you can reach is where.  Right?  You like walking?  Me too.  But not all that much, know what I mean?  Wink
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 12:46:54 AM »

freedomburns

dude, what the hell happened to you?

I know you're not so naive.  Of course it's an obscene grad for resources.  And that's precisely why so many will have to be killed.  Gold (oil, money, land, whatever manifestation of wealth you prefer) is the only reason we ever wage war.  Where does one draw the line?  Pretty much as far past the bumper of your gas-guzzling SUV as you can reach is where.  Right?  You like walking?  Me too.  But not all that much, know what I mean?  Wink

So all wars are started over money?  Is that why we invaded Afghanistan then? Tongue
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 04:02:26 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So all wars are started over money?  Is that why we invaded Afghanistan then? Tongue

Duh, yes John.  We discussed the pipeline through Afghanistan to gain access to Caspian Sea oil and natural gas.  There are trillions of dollars at play.  A more important geopolitical and mega-financial facet of it is the reinvigorization of the heroin trade.  Big time NY and London banks make big time buku dinero from the drug trade.  Business and gov't work hand in hand in this administration.

And yes angus, I ride my bike everywhere except when it's raining.  That way I can get up on my moral high horse and act all superior and holier-than-thou on the forum all the time.  It's so fun.  You should try it.

fb
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 05:01:24 AM »

I think the whole 'war is profitable' argument is nonsense.

Sometimes wars are fought that have less economic gain than the cost of the war.  These are fought either as part of a larger struggle, such as the Cold War, or simply for domestic political gain.  In any case, the costs of war are bourne by the people - soldiers and taxpayers - as a whole, while the financial beneficiaries are few.  It is a highly inefficient way to transfer wealth, but sometimes inefficient ways are the only ones the public will swallow.

The fact is it doesn't make a bit of difference to me if I buy my gas from Saddam or Exxon - certainly the price will be no different.  My only concern is who will spend the money in a way that harms me more - in this case it is arguably about equal, as Saddam may have paid to have me blown up, while Exxon contributes to the theocratic party here at home to take away my freedoms.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 01:33:12 PM »

Duh, yes John.  We discussed the pipeline through Afghanistan to gain access to Caspian Sea oil and natural gas.  There are trillions of dollars at play.  A more important geopolitical and mega-financial facet of it is the reinvigorization of the heroin trade.  Big time NY and London banks make big time buku dinero from the drug trade.  Business and gov't work hand in hand in this administration.

And yes angus, I ride my bike everywhere except when it's raining.  That way I can get up on my moral high horse and act all superior and holier-than-thou on the forum all the time.  It's so fun.  You should try it.

fb

I do pal.  Every ing day.  Even in the rain.  My mercedes will see maybe 5000 miles this year.  If that.  And before I was married, about half that.  A huge chunk of my portfolio is vested in Public Transit, by the way.  Check first before you judge others.  I'm a card-carrying member of the Sierra Club, I volunteer for roadside cleanups, and I'm a big fan of alternative energy research.  Yeah, I'm probably an arrogant , but don't accuse me of wasting resources.  I have a lot of nasty habits, many of which are illegal, but wasting resources is not one of them!

My global footprint, by the way, is 22 acres, according to Sierra's test.  Yeah, that's high by a global standard, but lower than the average US citizen's.  What's yours?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies