Party control over redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:36:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Party control over redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Party control over redistricting  (Read 5622 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« on: January 24, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »

Maine and NH could both go to split control this year.  NH is less likely to do so than Maine though.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »

Reps will control OK, TN, PA and IN after the '10 election, and maybe OH.  Move Colorado to split. Perhaps MN and NH too.

Dems control RI, ME, CT, MA and it matters not one bit.  Nothing to lose in those states for Republicans.  WV and AR law prohibits county spliting, so no gerrymandering there.  Dems cannot possibly squeeze another seat from NC, they are already overrepresented there.
Republicans have an even money bet on split control with increased legislature representation in ME and it would matter if they made CD2 (i think its 2) more republican and Pingree's district more democratic.  NH is going to be difficult because Lynch is on the ticket, but it can be done if they win the state legislature.  Republicans are likely to sweep the senate race and the two house races there.  Dems have a slight chance of having some authority in AZ if Goddard wins and picks the "independent commission" - I think that will be a big win because we are getting 2 seats next apportionment. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies