CA: Public Policy Institute of CA: Campbell remains close to Boxer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:37:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Public Policy Institute of CA: Campbell remains close to Boxer
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Public Policy Institute of CA: Campbell remains close to Boxer  (Read 1146 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »

New Poll: California Senator by Public Policy Institute of CA on 2010-01-25

Summary: D: 45%, R: 41%, I: 0%, U: 0%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Guderian

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »

I like Campbell, I'm not quite as socially liberal as him but he's my type of Republican - smart, creative, pro-market, pro-free trade but pro-border and not a religious loony toon. Unfortunately, his last Senate campaign ended with a disaster.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:07:30 AM »

I like Campbell, I'm not quite as socially liberal as him but he's my type of Republican - smart, creative, pro-market, pro-free trade but pro-border and not a religious loony toon. Unfortunately, his last Senate campaign ended with a disaster.

Yes, in 2000, against the most popular elected official in the state.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 02:13:50 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2010, 02:21:40 AM by Lunar »

Campbell isn't the best person in the world at politics, and maybe he's learned from that.

For example, he wanted to make the Constitutional illegality of Clinton's military involvement in Kosovo to be one of the platforms of his last Senate campaign when his advisers were trying to tell him no one cares.  You make your key campaign issues things that BOTH you and the voters care about, that's normal politics.  Some of California's biggest needs are political reform (independent redistricting, limitations on propositions, completely retooling our budgeting process) and prison reform, but neither of those things will win you an election.

However, he actually lives in a complex world that exists outside of the inane platitudes all of the other Republicans and Democrats in statewide campaigns are eschewing like there's no tomorrow.  

I'd rather have him as governor than senator though.  A grounded, honest, and practical governor of our state would have done so much more than a moderate-ish Republican vote in the Senate would.  And while I disagree with Boxer on some issues, I don't believe she's bad at legislating, acts improper, or often says things she doesn't believe in, all qualities I admire. 

Also, Campbell and I share the same last name so we're bro's like that.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:20:09 AM »

also, when you consider the alternatives: a far right-wing ideologue and an  utterly failed businesswoman, Campbell doesn't look too bad.

I'm really surprised Campbell is polling so well considering that I had assumed he would be splitting the anti-Carlyfornia vote with Devore and further guarantee her win
Guderian

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2010, 01:16:45 PM by Guderian »

I know beating Feinstein in 2000 was a long shot, but Campbell ran a disastrous campaign. He lost his own congressional district (which was Democratic-leaning but still) by 15 points. W outperformed him statewide by 5 points. I'm not saying history would surely repeat itself but I hope Campbell learned from the mistakes he made.

Lunar, I'm actually glad that Campbell is running for Senate instead of Governor. We needed a serious challenger against Fiorina, Whitman I can live with.  
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »

also, when you consider the alternatives: a far right-wing ideologue and an  utterly failed businesswoman, Campbell doesn't look too bad.

I'm really surprised Campbell is polling so well considering that I had assumed he would be splitting the anti-Carlyfornia vote with Devore and further guarantee her win

Well, he is the only candidate in the race that isn't a cariacture.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »

The primary poll is looking good. Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 01:56:03 AM »

Well, he is the only candidate in the race that isn't a cariacture.

Obviously Californians have a history of avoiding those sorts of politicians

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies