Who has the best chance of winning the GOP primary AND beating Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who has the best chance of winning the GOP primary AND beating Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who has the best chance of winning the GOP primary AND beating Obama?
Romney

Huckabee

Pawlenty

Palin

Thune

Brown

Gingrich

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Who has the best chance of winning the GOP primary AND beating Obama?  (Read 8597 times)
milhouse24
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »

I think the prediction needs to be backed up specifically by what swing states they will take away from Obama.

I don't think Romney will take any states from Obama. 

I think Jeb would definitely take Florida and Ohio. 
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

I think Thune is a stealth candidate that is better than the "frontrunners"  The others, Palin, Romney, etc will flop because they have no substance.  He's kinda in a similar position to Brownback last time, in fact Brownback should run in 2012 again instead of as governor, now that "heavyweight" McCain is out of the way. 

Thune's drawback that he might be too good looking, perhaps a bit young looking too.  He might seem like a GOP version of a 2004 John Edwards, with looks overshadowing substance.  But unlike Edwards, Thune actually has the substance, just as long as people get past his looks.  In fact, if this were a movie he would be cast as a "perfect" looking president, but real life is far more difficult to navigate on the way to the Presidency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies