The Vorlon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:40:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Vorlon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Does the Vorlon have a dog in this race?
The Vorlon is completely impartial and dishes out the information with out spin

Have you paid attention to Vorlon's posts. A) He is more likely to post Bus's good polls than Kerry's and B) When he post stoeies they tend to be pro-bush.  He posted a story from Drudge for Christsake.  The vorlong is for Bush and is not i

Look you trolling democrats. The vorlon is way to nice to Kerry.  He keeps saying that this race is a toss-up (when it'll be a blow-out) and he said for months that he thought Kerry was going to win.  Vorlon probably is a little sympathic to Kerry -

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: The Vorlon  (Read 4043 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

Jerry Falwell [for it is he]: Vorlon is a WITCH and I have PROOF:

He appears to understand all the fiddly wossnames an' numbers an' fings an' stuff in "opinion polls".

Only SATAN could have tought him that!

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

Men in White Coats arrive and take Falwell to a "happy place"

If she's a witch she would burn like wood.  And wood floats, like a duck.  So if she is heavier than a duck, she would float like wood, and is therefor a witch...

<<or something like that>>
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2004, 02:01:58 PM »

I think The Vorlon scoured the punditry matrix far and wide, searching for The Prophet. Now that he has found me, I think Vorlon is looking to steal my prediction in order to save his job!  Wink

My prophecy for this race:  plagiarism!

(hey, I have to get as much mileage out of my past results as I can, seeing that I will most likely crash and burn next Tuesday.)
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2004, 02:29:06 PM »

Vorlon, during the Dan Rather thing, lost my confidence. He is a fair minded individual, but in recent weeks he has lost his way. Regardless of who he supports his predictions, especially of current trends is off target. I agree with the last poster. He is far too over analytical. He slams bot polls for undersampling- yet puts up a graph showing where they stand and what he predicts will happen. And Gallup? They have been the worst this year! (of course it all depends onm the final result) If Gallup get this one wrong, like Britain in 1992, their reputation is gone.
The Vorlon's reaction to memogate was driven by his hatred of media bias and incompetence, not by anti-Kerry partisanship.

Speaking of professionalism in the media, I think The Vorlon's general behavior is one more journalists should emulate: he reports facts with very little personal political commentary and restricts his opinions to threads that are clearly Op/Ed-ish.  I am sick of broadcast news mixing factual reporting with "analysis" (read: personal political opinions)from "commentators" (read: partisan hacks).
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2004, 04:18:14 PM »

Imagine that; a bunch of people with red avatars thinking that The Vorlon is too pro-Bush!  I never would have guessed...

The Vorlon is most likely the smartest and most informed person on this board.  There are several trollish posters who think they're smarter, but they certainly don't contribute the quality of posts that Vorlon brings us.

Thanks, Vorlon, for all the hard work; bringing us up-to-date polling information and analysis, not to mention keeping this board under control!
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2004, 05:07:21 PM »

Vorlon is great and khirkib isn't.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2004, 05:29:52 PM »

Vorlon: 'He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!' Wink Hey I was watching Monty Python last night. Im a self declared partisan- so I got theoretical beef with those opposite and in the middle!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2004, 05:33:15 PM »

The Vorlon has the right to have a bit of bias. Everyone does. That he puts his major biases aside, despite the fact that I suspect he is for the incorrect candidate, shows the he cares a lot about this forum. Leave him alone.
AndyTheMan
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2004, 08:15:49 PM »

Vorlon is great. When I first posted here he warmly welcomed me and even asked me for my thoughts about the race in Michigan. I appreciated that. I don't post here often because I am usually here to look at all the fascinating information but I do look at the forum from time to time. As proof of his impartiality I recall earlier in the year Vorlon had Kerry ahead in his electoral collage prediction.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2004, 08:24:49 PM »

I feel lucky to have found this site mainly because Vorlon has been here to iterpret all the polling we've been bombarded with.  I don't see a poll that I don't immediately want to get Vorlon's analysis of it.

Vorlon, you da man!
Trilobyte

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2004, 08:29:42 PM »

One thing I always wanted to ask... how did Vorlon get to be such a knowledgable expert on polls? Is he a statistician or just a really devoted hobbyist?
Angel of Death
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

And when Vorlon's work is done, I want to be the first one to say:

"Now get the hell out of our forum!"

Of course, it would only seem fair if I also had a Shadow to say that against.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies