On "The Media"....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  On "The Media"....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: On "The Media"....  (Read 1772 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »

Too much of a Chomskyan-Zinnist rant for me to totally agree with it but I want to bring it up so that I pinpoint to this precise thread the very moment some inane mumbler blathers on about "the media" (Definite article always included never extra).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There's more here (and it should be read). Cut for word limit, anyway the beggining is the best of it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

FOX News isn't really part of the conservative media establishment, in the sense that it's a propaganda arm for established industrial/political power.  CNN fulfills that role quite nicely (with MSNBC as the potemkin alternative).  That's what the average joe means whenever he rages about CNN's liberalism.  What he really means is that CNN is elitist, but obviously in American discourse elitism in any kind of intellectual realm is always associated with liberalism.

Now the article is rather good, but in getting caught up in a left/right, citizenry/elite type spiel the author misses the real nature of FOX News.  Perhaps many in the conservative establishment intended for FOX to serve their interests squarely, but it has really evolved into something else over the years, much in the same way the GOP has lost control of its Tea Party wing.  The head has been lopped off the beast, and the result is Frankenstein's Monster.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies