A specific ? for TEA partiers and right wingers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:18:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  A specific ? for TEA partiers and right wingers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A specific ? for TEA partiers and right wingers  (Read 2050 times)
RRB
Rookie

« on: February 11, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »

Hey, you know what, I haven't posted any of my weird left wing opinions on here in a while, but I have a question for wingnuts that is driving me crazy.  As tax time is coming around, I am looking at my taxes and thinking about how the TEA baggers keep telling me that the liberals are raising my taxes.  I don't see it.  My taxes are about the same as always.  I see a few areas where righties think I should be able to save, oh say, a few dollars or two...maybe they think that a couple bucks will excite me and get my vote.  I see a few places, such as capital gains, that are lower than in generations past, but I don't have much in that department so who cares.

What I do hear is that they are "Going" to tax me, but than again the righties told me I was going to be killed by a terrorist too.  I am still here and I have never seen a explosion that was not on TV.

Sounds like a lot of nonsense to me from a bunch of foolish TEA baggers who don't pay taxes anyway because they obviously don't work since they have all that time to ride aound on the TEA bag express.

So my question is... which taxes of mine have gone up, I really want to know.
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:33:12 PM »

As liberal as I am, I find myself agreeing with the libertarians here.  As a liberal, I oppose the use of tax dollars to fund government spending for the purpose of the government spending money on government.  In other words, our defense spending seems to benefit the government.  Where I split with libertarians is that I WANT govenment to tax me for purposes of the people and business.  A single payer healthcare system would benefit all of us.  A war oversees benefits only those involved in the defense industry.  They tell me that I NEED protection, however the largest military in the world ought to be protecting me by its pure existance with no need to invade any country.  I don't need to be taxed to keep me safe from terrorism past good security at home.  I stand a better chance getting killed by a car getting my mail than by a terrorist.  National healthcare would be the biggest shot in the arm for business who would no longer need to budget for healthcare.  In time the cost of healthcare unchecked will surpass the value of the average employee.  Where will we be then.

And for those of you who don't trust the government to provide your healthcare, just remember that they can suposedly protect you with the most advanced military in the world, but for some reason can't give you am MRI or a CAT scan!!!!!!!!!!!!  Makes no sense.
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »

Oh yeah, one more thing.  The TEA baggers are nothing more than an example of the media wanting to go find a group of people holding signs and get us all excited.  During the Bush days they made it look as if every liberal in America was camping out at Crawford.  Now they find TEA baggers.  I realised my side was being chumped at the time, now it is the rights turn to figure it out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies