Uh what is it with these Assemblies?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:56:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Uh what is it with these Assemblies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Uh what is it with these Assemblies?  (Read 1980 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »

Which is funny, since we have a lot of registered leftiest here, but they are barely active in politics. In order to be elected to something, you damn need to get more involved.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »

I shouldn't have left. Sad
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »

10/16 regional Assemblymen/Representatives/Legislators are or were members of the RPP, including all five in the Mideast.

I think only three currently are though which is about proportionate to their decline in numbers.

Also there are two vacancies in the Northeast that are likely POP pick-ups.

You folks sure have lots of turnover up there. It seems like only a week ago there was a special election to fill three vacancies.

The Northeast Assembly has too many members (1 for every 6 Northeast citizens).  I've been saying that for months.   There's too much turnover.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »

You're right, I should have written "issues" not "debates".

Debates are real, but, for the moment, just resolutions to thank (or not) people, to condemn (or not) the SE, to repeal one law.

For the moment, no new legislation has been put forward, so it's difficult to make up one's mind on the legislative work of the new Assembly.

Debating the Northeast toll structure is most certainly a real issue.  That's what we just did.  And it HAD to be done - a prior law required we take up the issue.  The two biggest constitutional issues were put off pending a court decision.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »

10/16 regional Assemblymen/Representatives/Legislators are or were members of the RPP, including all five in the Mideast.

I think only three currently are though which is about proportionate to their decline in numbers.

Also there are two vacancies in the Northeast that are likely POP pick-ups.

You folks sure have lots of turnover up there. It seems like only a week ago there was a special election to fill three vacancies.

The Northeast Assembly has too many members (1 for every 6 Northeast citizens).  I've been saying that for months.   There's too much turnover.

We certainly do have too many members. When I was Governor, it felt almost like every other week there was a vacancy.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

The Northeast Assembly shouldn't have more than 5 members.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 11:53:19 AM »

I agree with Xahar
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 12:27:47 PM »

I agree too. If things continue with the average turnover rate, it will cost the region a fortune in elections.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »

I agree too. If things continue with the average turnover rate, it will cost the region a fortune in elections.

So, Andrew, I'll defer to you being I'm new, how do we change it?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »

There was a constitutional amendment on the ballot last election to set the Assembly at 6 members.  It got soundly defeated.  The voters want a large legislature.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 02:25:18 PM »

There was a constitutional amendment on the ballot last election to set the Assembly at 6 members.  It got soundly defeated.  The voters want a large legislature.

Thanks, man.  Goodness gracious do you do a good job.......when do you sleep?  Wink
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »

All Antonio did was contribute hatred and divisiveness to the region. I have no respect for him and am pleased he is gone. People like Barnes and Kalwejt are at least some sort of friendly people to work with.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »

All Antonio did was contribute hatred and divisiveness to the region. I have no respect for him and am pleased he is gone. People like Barnes and Kalwejt are at least some sort of friendly people to work with.

I certainly wouldnt say that. I feel Antonio played a big part on helping getting the Assembly moving, especially when he served in the first term of it. I especially believe that everyone who was in the first appointed term was important to the body.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »

^^^^^^^^^
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 04:07:50 PM »

I certainly wouldnt say that. I feel Antonio played a big part on helping getting the Assembly moving, especially when he served in the first term of it. I especially believe that everyone who was in the first appointed term was important to the body.

Maybe you should run for Assembly to try to regain the confidence of the region?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »

Maybe you should run for Assembly to try to regain the confidence of the region?

To be honest, I've thought of running, just because I have a few ideas in my head. But I dont think the electorate is very friendly twoards me just yet.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »

To be honest, I've thought of running, just because I have a few ideas in my head. But I dont think the electorate is very friendly twoards me just yet.

You never know.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

You never know.

I might consider it. I was considering staying out of elected office for a while, but now that I'm out all these ideas keep popping into my head. Eh, I'll check with my advisors, whoever they are.
James Rivington
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 3.43

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »

There are no lefties in the Mideast Assembly. Sad
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »

You never know.

I might consider it. I was considering staying out of elected office for a while, but now that I'm out all these ideas keep popping into my head. Eh, I'll check with my advisors, whoever they are.

Me! Me! ME!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »

You never know.

Considering your experience and respect in the region, plus the NE's current assembly structure that elects almost everybody who runs, I can't see you losing if you run. Or doing less than a very good job if elected for that matter.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »

The voters are wrong.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »

The voters are wrong.

I think a proportional legislature is an interesting idea, but I also think that one representative per six citizens is far too much. Maybe go with one for every ten citizens.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies