Opinion of Trickle-Down Economics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:22:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Trickle-Down Economics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go.
Good idea

Bad idea

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Opinion of Trickle-Down Economics  (Read 4862 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: February 15, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »

I don't really need to comment, except to note that the american electorate always keeps voting for this!

No they don't.

yes they do!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

But then again once put into effect, the suburban Northeast turned from GOP to Dem.  The GOP primarily won so handily pre-Reagan solely on taxes.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:52:17 AM »

I don't really need to comment, except to note that the american electorate always keeps voting for this!

No they don't.

yes they do!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

But then again once put into effect, the suburban Northeast turned from GOP to Dem.  The GOP primarily won so handily pre-Reagan solely on taxes.

I agree with you, and I think that the GOP's embrace of trickle-down economics was definitely a factor. Many Republicans from the Northeast opposed trickle-down economics before Reagan, but then once they all started to support it, many Democrats began winning their seats over the next 30 years.

Well, pre-Reagan their taxes were still high, but now the Democrats seem to not want to hit those voters at all.  Another factor is traditional white collar, college educated professions were generally immune to downturns at one time.  Not anymore and even economically Northeastern suburban voters have moved left.  I've said it before, you'd be more likely to find an urban white police officer in the GOP than an "office park" dad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies