Opinion of Trickle-Down Economics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:50:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Trickle-Down Economics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go.
Good idea

Bad idea

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Opinion of Trickle-Down Economics  (Read 4856 times)
milhouse24
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »

A good idea that was never carried far enough.  While I consider the Libertarians to be close allies of mine when it comes to dismantling government, I do support major tax breaks for both the wealthy and for business.  When we take care of those who employ the rest of us, they in turn, take care of us.  Also, then tend to use the money awarded them via tax cuts or business grants/abatements, etc. to create new wealth.

The liberal model, though honorably intentioned, is to let wealth trickle up.  The Robin Hood approach has never worked and it never will.  Just look at how the New Deal prolonged the recession and accomplished nothing positive.  Ever since that gigantic fiasco, indolent Americans have become addicted to handouts.

I'm not a fan of deregulation.  Also, I don't mind tax breaks and grants, but perhaps we can regulate those companies because as we've seen companies use fraud to dupe consumers, pollute, and produce inferior products.  Only the govt can step in and stop corrupt companies from further damage, or we can sue them but takes years.  Trust-busting!
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »

I support the idea that government returning the people's money back to their own pockets is a good thing.

I think that the label "Trickle-down economics" should instead be used to refer to the concept of massive government spending eventually trickling down to help the overall economy.

So would you support stimulus checks or just tax cuts?  Isn't welfare just putting money back in people's pockets to stimulate the economy?  I don't want to sound lazy, but would working 90 hours a week for more money actually make me happier?  Can I survive on just 40 hours a week at a 40k job?  How exactly does someone make 100k, just get a bachelor's degree?
milhouse24
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »

A principal that would make america and americans VERY prosperous if it could be allowed to work with out interferance.  The problem with it is the democRAT party would derail it every chance they get and any legislation to make trickle down or supply side work would be bogged down by liberals who would tack on all kind of pork.

This is not some idea supported by a bunch of nuts people.  It is backed by leading economists and people like Reagan and kemp.  why not give it a chance?

Could you be more specific?  Do you want tax cuts for the middle class, or the upperclass?  Do you want tax cuts and grants for corporations and businesses?  The past 8 Bush years were pretty good for corporations, did you agree with those policies?  Do you think Middle Class workers have any chance at all to rise up?
milhouse24
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »

Could you be more specific?  Do you want tax cuts for the middle class, or the upperclass?  Do you want tax cuts and grants for corporations and businesses?  The past 8 Bush years were pretty good for corporations, did you agree with those policies?  Do you think Middle Class workers have any chance at all to rise up?

I can't speak for Coburn, but I would like to respond if that's okay.  Wink

Taxation is theft.  For the purpose of practicality and national defense, I am willing to accept an across the board, one percent tax on sales or income, or both if someone can persuade me it's really necessary.  This business of taxing the most productive, beneficial members of a society while rewarding leeches and indolent no-accounts is exactly what will eventually turn this country into another Somalia or Haiti. Hannity said it best the other day, "We should reward success and punish failure. Instead, our culture coddles, enables and excuses failure while punishing success."

I have already published on this forum a list of program and entitlement cuts that would make such a tax cut possible, so I see no need to repeat it here unless specifically asked.
What do you mean by "most productive" members of society - I suppose this excludes the middle class, should they deserve a tax cut since they are just pawns?  What is your definition of leeches and how exactly are they rewarded?  Should the lower class be taxed more?  Or would an increased sales tax be implemented?

I'm sure many Wall Street bankers thought they lived successful lives and didn't want to be taxed.  Yet, there actions were detrimental to the economy.  Is it really taxes preventing someone from being successful, or is it something else like wages, and student loans?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies