*IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:13:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  *IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP?  (Read 4652 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 19, 2010, 01:14:19 PM »

i think he's got to attempt to secure some EVs with his pick....though he can't waste time picking someone from FL or OH, if he can't win there without a homestate VP then he can't win anyway. 

...someone more moderate (religiously and politically) from PA would be good...any names...any Catholics with military experience?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

Uh, you asked who Thune's running mate would be. I answered.

Thankfully Thune won't win the nomination so we won't have to deal with that disaster of a ticket.

see first post of thread:

i think he's got to attempt to secure some EVs with his pick....though he can't waste time picking someone from FL or OH, if he can't win there without a homestate VP then he can't win anyway. 

...someone more moderate (religiously and politically) from PA would be good...any names...any Catholics with military experience?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »

He could pick a governor, since he is a Senator.  I don't think a military vet would be as important, now that Economic factors are more important than the Iraq War. 

I think Thune could handle the economic side of the argument, and I think Iraq and Afghan will end badly along with other setbacks in middle east peace.  Though, having said that, someone with military experience isn't required.

---

Ridge is not pro-life, but would be a reassuring pick if terrorists strike again on U.S. soil (even in the event of an airline bombing)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies