*IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:17:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  *IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP?  (Read 4617 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 19, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »

Thune-Ridge would lose every state McCain did, plus Missouri, Arizona, Montana, and Georgia.

The only winning issue Thune has is being pro-life. Putting a pro-abortionist on the ticket will end that.

I used to think Ridge had a chance at VP, but he really needs a conversion to pro-life if he wants a chance on the ticket.  Heck, Dick Cheney was pro-gay marriage and he never talked about it, ever.  Ridge can say he supports the Nominee and pro-life.  The Christians wouldn't vote for the Democrat anyway. 

Also, Senator P. Bush founded Planned Parenthood, yet both GHWB and GWB convinced Christians they were pro-life, go figure!

Hate to burst your bubble but Planned Parenthood was founded in 1916, when Prescott Bush was like 21 years old...........
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:33:47 AM »

Um, no. We haven't had a strong pro-lifer for a GOP nominee yet.

But I don't think there was any real fanatically pro-abortion candidate from either party until Mondale in 1984.

Well I guess "strong" is a relative term, I suppose it has more to do with being a religious person.  I'm under the impression that the GOP ticket cannot have a pro-choice person.  While I think there are many qualified GOP women, they are usually pro-choice.  Palin, Bush, Dole were all outspoken pro-lifers.  McCain wasn't very outspoken about the issue, perhaps this contributed to his loss.  GHWB somehow managed to convince people for a short period of time that he was pro-life.  I would say one of the things that helped Bill Clinton and Obama win were that they were religious men or at least often spoke about religion, Clinton was a southern baptist, and Obama was not endorsed by emily's list in the primaries.

That's because putting a pro-abortionist on the Republican  ticket would be suicide.
But do you think some of the GOP are genuine in their conversion to pro-life or are merely doing it for political gain like GHWB, McCain, Romney, or would you trust someone like Ridge, Collins, Snowe, Hutchison if they wanted to convert to pro-life to get on the ticket?

No, I don't trust them, and I would not vote for them.
What about Lindsey Graham?  He's a solid guy, very solid guy, a guy I could love but not in that way.

Ugh, as one of his constituents, I can assure you he's trash.

Is there anyone besides the morons in South Carolina (sorry Gio) who actually like Lindsey Graham? He seems to be one of the most universally hated Senators.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies