Why didn't John Kerry get a post-convention bounce?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:41:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why didn't John Kerry get a post-convention bounce?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Why didn't John Kerry get a post-convention bounce?  (Read 22398 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »

LOL no there werent any attack ads, just a bunch of hipocrits wearing bandaids with purple hearts in them. Probably one of the single most disgraceful displays I have ever seen.

More disgraceful than Kerry taking up a cause with Jane Fonda?

For the millionth time now, that photo was fabricated.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 11:42:39 PM »

LOL no there werent any attack ads, just a bunch of hipocrits wearing bandaids with purple hearts in them. Probably one of the single most disgraceful displays I have ever seen.

Not all of them.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 12:18:17 AM »

Let me be clear too. Is it really about a photo and whether or not it was edited? No! It's about what he embraced and accused our men in uniform of doing when he came back. Plus, he met with the enemy without consent of the US and that is treason.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 12:19:25 AM »

Plus, he met with the enemy without consent of the US and that is treason.

What?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2010, 12:20:07 AM »

Not all of them.

What photo of Kerry and Fonda is there that wasn't fake?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:29 AM »

Not all of them.

You are missing the point.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »

Not all of them.

You are missing the point.

No - the point is that you got called out an something that wasn't true, and now you're trying to change the subject and are unwilling to admit that you were wrong.
cpeeks
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 10:29:17 AM »

LOL he always does that. He just makes this crap up as he goes. All of his arguments are  just made up and he will finish with stuff like "they dont teach that in schools anymore". LOL I would like to know what they taught him. And he doesnt even know what the definition of treason is.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »

LOL he always does that. He just makes this crap up as he goes. All of his arguments are  just made up and he will finish with stuff like "they dont teach that in schools anymore". LOL I would like to know what they taught him. And he doesnt even know what the definition of treason is.

Derek is just a right-wing pundit that echoes all of Fox News's talking points in this Forum.
cpeeks
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »

Derek is just a right-wing pundit that echoes all of Fox News's talking points in this Forum.

Some of his stuff is so ridiculous that fox's talking points wouldnt even say. I swear sometimes I am floored by what he says. I dont mind right wing and left wingers opinions if they can atleast make a sound arguement. He just pulls stuff out of left field.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »

Some of his stuff is so ridiculous that fox's talking points wouldnt even say. I swear sometimes I am floored by what he says. I dont mind right wing and left wingers opinions if they can atleast make a sound arguement. He just pulls stuff out of left field.

Some of the stuff I say? Like what?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »

Anybody would have beaten that moron, Gore would have crushed him.

Actually, that's false. Despite Bush Jr.'s incomptence and lack of intellect, he knew how to run a good and extremely nasty and dishonest campaign. He would have beaten a lot of candidates with those kinds of campaign skills. Gore might have beat Bush Jr., but also might not have. It depends on what kind of campaign he would have ran. I mean, after all, Gore did lose in 2000 when all the factors were in his favor.

Bush ran a very friendly campaign.

I'd replace the word friendly with either "scary", "nasty", or "dishonest".

If the truth is scary for you then I can't help you. Sometimes people need to be scared if that's how they remember what they're up against and nothing else distracts them from their MTV.

This post is ironic since the only way Bush won (or even was competitive) is that he knew how to appeal to certain types of people who rely on their fears and intuition.
cpeeks
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2010, 08:51:40 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2010, 08:58:04 PM by cpeeks »

LOL he always does that. He just makes this crap up as he goes. All of his arguments are  just made up and he will finish with stuff like "they dont teach that in schools anymore". LOL I would like to know what they taught him. And he doesnt even know what the definition of treason is.

Just about everything you say makes no sense and is made up, we should make a forum just for that. I dont mind a right winger or a liberal who has an opinion that can be backed up by fact and logic, but  you write some of the  most  ridiculous things I have ever seen, it really is an insult to peoples intelligence.
cpeeks
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »

Actually, that's false. Despite Bush Jr.'s incomptence and lack of intellect, he knew how to run a good and extremely nasty and dishonest campaign. He would have beaten a lot of candidates with those kinds of campaign skills. Gore might have beat Bush Jr., but also might not have. It depends on what kind of campaign he would have ran. I mean, after all, Gore did lose in 2000 when all the factors were in his favor.

If the truth is scary for you then I can't help you. Sometimes people need to be scared if that's how they remember what they're up against and nothing else distracts them from their MTV.

This post is ironic since the only way Bush won (or even was competitive) is that he knew how to appeal to certain types of people who rely on their fears and intuition.

The only reason 2004 was remotely close was because the gay marriage amendment was on the ballot and it brought the evangelicals out in droves.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »

LOL he always does that. He just makes this crap up as he goes. All of his arguments are  just made up and he will finish with stuff like "they dont teach that in schools anymore". LOL I would like to know what they taught him. And he doesnt even know what the definition of treason is.

Just about everything you say makes no sense and is made up, we should make a forum just for that. I dont mind a right winger or a liberal who has an opinion that can be backed up by fact and logic, but  you write some of the  most  ridiculous things I have ever seen, it really is an insult to peoples intelligence.

I back up almost all of what I say with some form of reasoning. We happen to differ on Iraq and on Bush.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »

The only reason 2004 was remotely close was because the gay marriage amendment was on the ballot and it brought the evangelicals out in droves.

That helped Bush in Ohio, but that statement doesn't add up with the polls. I know I'm not one to go by what polls say being that they almost always show democrats in the lead, but Bush was averaged to win about 50-48 and 50-49 by most polls and it was 51-49 I believe. Bush would have won the states with that amendment anyhow. I remember minimum wage being on the ballot as well in Ohio though. I laughed because a month before the election, the Republicans in the Ohio congress proposed a minimum wage amendment to prevent it from being on the ballot. The democrats had to go on record as voting against a minimum wage increase for the sake of getting out their base in November. Their actions were harder to explain than perform and it backfired. That is conservatism at its finest.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »

That was a good idea.
cpeeks
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2010, 09:40:45 PM by cpeeks »

Just about everything you say makes no sense and is made up, we should make a forum just for that. I dont mind a right winger or a liberal who has an opinion that can be backed up by fact and logic, but  you write some of the  most  ridiculous things I have ever seen, it really is an insult to peoples intelligence.

I back up almost all of what I say with some form of reasoning. We happen to differ on Iraq and on Bush.

LOL no dude you dont, you just make stuff up.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »

Bush won by running a positive campaign based on fighting terror, home ownership, and a robust economy.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

Just about everything you say makes no sense and is made up, we should make a forum just for that. I dont mind a right winger or a liberal who has an opinion that can be backed up by fact and logic, but  you write some of the  most  ridiculous things I have ever seen, it really is an insult to peoples intelligence.

LOL no dude you dont, you just make stuff up.

give it up
cpeeks
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »

Bush won by running a positive campaign based on fighting terror, home ownership, and a robust economy.

LOL case in point of ridiculous statements that you make are made up and have no reasoning. Please tell me why you make this stuff up. That campaign was rated as one of the dirtiest in history. Bus ran a negative campaign, the economy was anything but robust, and the housing market was because of Clinton. LOL your make believe world is so funny, dude.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2010, 11:06:12 PM »

LOL case in point of ridiculous statements that you make are made up and have no reasoning. Please tell me why you make this stuff up. That campaign was rated as one of the dirtiest in history. Bus ran a negative campaign, the economy was anything but robust, and the housing market was because of Clinton. LOL your make believe world is so funny, dude.

The housing market was fictitious but we didn't find that out until 2008. It was the same policies in 1996 that caused the housing collapse of 2008 with the greedy buy and sell for more technique of the American people. It eventually got to a point where people had to sell their homes for so much more than they were worth that they couldn't sell and got stuck with loans they never had any intention on paying back. Rated one of the dirtiest by who? The Kerry campaign? lol The unemployment rate when Bush was reelected was the same as it was in 1996 just in case you didn't know. Why do you hate Bush so much anyways, it's almost as if his presidency has scarred you.
cpeeks
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »

Please dont tell me your trying to compare the economy in 1996 to 2004. And there was a book written a few years back called the 25 dirtiest races in american history, that covered anywhere from governors, senate and prez elections.And do you try to have things both ways in one sentence you try to give bush credit for the home ownership and then claim clinton for the collapse. And I have Bush for what he did to this great nation. We are a 1,000 times worse off than when he took office. Greater divide between rich and poor, the povery rate rose, illegal wars, worse economic situation since the great depression, had a net loss of jobs etc, ect.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2010, 11:23:21 PM »

Please dont tell me your trying to compare the economy in 1996 to 2004. And there was a book written a few years back called the 25 dirtiest races in american history, that covered anywhere from governors, senate and prez elections.And do you try to have things both ways in one sentence you try to give bush credit for the home ownership and then claim clinton for the collapse. And I have Bush for what he did to this great nation. We are a 1,000 times worse off than when he took office. Greater divide between rich and poor, the povery rate rose, illegal wars, worse economic situation since the great depression, had a net loss of jobs etc, ect.

Ok Obama. Anyone can write a book. I could write a book about how Clinton caused 9/11 and it would be just as credible with "proper" sources. The home ownership boom was a fake and yes Clinton is responsible for it as YOU SAID SO YOURSELF. It's because of Clinton's policies that got us into the meltdown but what I typed probably went way over your head. I'm not jealous of the rich and don't expect them to pay for my school loans or health care. Illegal wars according to whom, our enemies in Europe and Asia? Worst economy since the great depression is today, not when Bush was in office. Unless of course you go back to the 1946 DEPRESSION which neither you or myself learned from the public schools or our history books. I bet you never heard of it until you had the opportunity to hear it from me but it's ok. SIGH
cpeeks
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2010, 11:33:11 PM »

Its illegal to invade a soverign nation by the laws of war, and yes the housing meltdown started because of Clinton policies and this recession started when Bush was in office. And as far as sources go you never have any because most of your stuff is made up, but thats ok dude because I have figured out you say this stuff to try to make people mad, lol because no one  could ever  actually believe some of this ridiculous stuff that you write.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies