So I have been invited to speak at a local Tea Bagger gathering.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I have been invited to speak at a local Tea Bagger gathering.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: So I have been invited to speak at a local Tea Bagger gathering.  (Read 10638 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 09:33:35 AM »

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should say? I intend to stick it to them as hard as I can for as long as I can using the approach I've developed on this forum. But if you've any advice, I'd be more than happy to hear.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 09:44:26 AM »

Why not try to find common ground with which to work with them rather than deliberately trying to alienate them and drive a wedge between you and them?

Because I consider them to be subhuman, and have no common ground whatsoever with them?

With this kind of attitude there is no advice we can give you, short of don't bother going.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »

Why not try to find common ground with which to work with them rather than deliberately trying to alienate them and drive a wedge between you and them?

Because I consider them to be subhuman, and have no common ground whatsoever with them?

With this kind of attitude there is no advice we can give you, short of don't bother going.

But I've told you already, I'm going to go, tell the truth, and let them hang themselves with it. Just now I'm knotting together the rope. They are, as a collective, my enemy, and I will eliminate them ruthlessly.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »

But I've told you already, I'm going to go, tell the truth, and let them hang themselves with it. Just now I'm knotting together the rope. They are, as a collective, my enemy, and I will eliminate them ruthlessly.

Do you have some chuck steak ready in the freezer?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 10:51:04 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2010, 10:57:42 AM by Torie »

I don't think a speech filled with generalized ad ad hominems against your audience will be very effective myself.  Rather than to cause them to perhaps reflect a bit, I suspect the result is that the audience will just mark you down as a nutter with anger management problems.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »

I don't think a speech filled with generalized ad ad hominems against your audience will be very effective myself.  Rather than to cause them to perhaps reflect a bit, I suspect the result is that the audience will just mark you down as a nutter with anger management problems.

Doesn't matter. The content of my speech hardly matters a whit; their reaction to it is what is pertinent. The more I can grind their gears, the more I can whip up those massive testosterone levels, the more likely it is they are to do something stupid, which conservatives in groups of three or more have been known to do. I'm going to troll the troglodytes.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

Einzeige almost certainly a troll. Isn't funny how it seems all the trolls returned at once, Coburn, and Einzeige?

I'm not saying Einzeige is JS, but I am saying he's fake.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »

Einzeige almost certainly a troll. Isn't funny how it seems all the trolls returned at once, Coburn, and Einzeige?

By all means, I invite the moderators to run my IP address. And, no, if you aren't retarded proxies aren't foolproof.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should say? I intend to stick it to them as hard as I can for as long as I can using the approach I've developed on this forum. But if you've any advice, I'd be more than happy to hear.

Do you have Bush Jr.'s stuff in there?  About how the very definition of an over the top government is probably one that starts "preemptive" wars for political gain, takes away civil liberties, and how he ran away with the deficit before it was cool?
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »

By all means, I invite the moderators to run my IP address. And, no, if you aren't retarded proxies aren't foolproof.

well, the retarded part is questionable.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »

Do you have Bush Jr.'s stuff in there?  About how the very definition of an over the top government is probably one that starts "preemptive" wars for political gain, takes away civil liberties, and how he ran away with the deficit before it was cool?

I'll be sure to fit it in there, but I don't want to make it too specific. Specificity tends to let people of the hook en masse.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »

If you survive the speech you could give them the bird and tell them to take their fakeass "libertarian" agenda and shove it up their asses. But maybe I'm too angry of an individual for you to seek advice from.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »

Why? Einzige most definitely spouts more interesting things than yourself.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »

Who's Einzeige?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »

Do you dare make me bring up your posting history?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 02:14:42 PM »

Einzige, re-write the speech as to make it look like you are agreeing with them until about 2/3rds through and then use their logic against them to totally hose them.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

Einzige, re-write the speech as to make it look like you are agreeing with them until about 2/3rds through and then use their logic against them to totally hose them.
^^^

This is much more skilled trolling.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »

Be careful, around here they have actually been arming themselves (as evidenced in a front page New York Times article on the Washington and Idaho Tea Party movement) and I wouldn't be surprised if a few brought guns to such a meeting.

I doubt they'll bring the heavy weaponry to an 'insular', policy-oriented meeting like I expect this to be. And even if they do, so much the better: as I said, my first intent is to get e-famous, and my secondary mission is to do so while taking the piss out of an entire organized body-politic.

I would still advise you to carry more than one firearm, along with a Bowie knife and a bullet-proof vest.  If they are going to rush you, the least you can do is to take a few of them with you.    

Think about it. 
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »

Actually, I would agree with this.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »

I can't wait! Smiley
ARescan
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2010, 06:36:40 PM »

JS: Real life troll
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

Be careful, around here they have actually been arming themselves (as evidenced in a front page New York Times article on the Washington and Idaho Tea Party movement) and I wouldn't be surprised if a few brought guns to such a meeting.

I doubt they'll bring the heavy weaponry to an 'insular', policy-oriented meeting like I expect this to be. And even if they do, so much the better: as I said, my first intent is to get e-famous, and my secondary mission is to do so while taking the piss out of an entire organized body-politic.

I would still advise you to carry more than one firearm, along with a Bowie knife and a bullet-proof vest.  If they are going to rush you, the least you can do is to take a few of them with you.    

Think about it. 

I agree with this post 1120%
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 02:59:17 PM »

Theroughly ballsy of you Einzige. I beg you to arrange your speech be videotaped by a friend and posted to the forum. PLEASE!!!

As far as suggestions, you may want to rephrase much of the "you" attacks, particularly in the first paragraphs. Don't sacrifice the message at all, but phrasing it as either the collective "we" (when/if appropriate) or the third party subject (e.g. "so-called libertarians").

As far as other things to say, I've seen A LOT of these rallies on the news and internets. I've always envisioned somehow speaking to such a rally (by some inexplicable mistake). I'd love to hit on their buzzwords about opposing high deficits and needing to return to fiscal sanity (applause builds), and how we don't care if it's a Democrat or a Republican in office who gets those results (these yahoos actually claim to believe that, so applause and cheering builds further), so we reject the budget-busting policies of President Bush and those in Congress who supported them (some hard core teabaggers who loath Bush continue to cheer, other hardcore Republicans respond: Yeah! You tell the....uh, what?), and we salute a president like Bill Clinton whose levelheaded fiscal policy took us from the greatest deficits then seen and brought our treasury to an huge surplus! (Listen for crickets chirping followed by huge catcalls, to which you respond "Yes! I agree with you all! Booo high deficits! Booo people who say we won't ever support a fiscally responsible Democrat!" Play it like Stephen Colbert when his audience cheers Obama or boos the Republicans). Wink

Oh, please consider building up applause against government run health care, then when the cheering hits a crescendo say that's why we call on Congress to repeal Medicare and Medicaid! Watch the seniors in the audience do a spit take and think.....

Your proposed railing against big government and building the audience fervor only to pull a switcheroo and call for government to pull its nose out of reproductive decisions, marriage and other socially "liberal" anti-big government positions. Keep thinking "play it like Colbert". If you do it right and jump to a new surefire applause line before the boos get too overwhelming, it'll lengthen the time you have before someone hooks you from the stage or cuts your mike. If you REALLY do it well you could finish your speech and leave the podium to a smattering of polite applause and many people not realizing they just got punked.

And others, you might actually plant a seed of thought with.....

Good luck, and let us know how it goes! (I'm totally serious about videotaping it and posting a link to the forum.)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »

I like what I've read. Good luck.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »

Here's a rough draft of a few elements of my speech (which is to be no more than ten minutes in duration. It's not the whole thing, but rather a few integral elements that wouldn't be complete without it --...

go for it, I think the experience will help you gain some wisdom...though please provide before and after pictures of your face
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies