And here comes the second post....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:05:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  And here comes the second post....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: And here comes the second post....  (Read 5323 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 06:17:37 PM »

I think what he did was wrong simply because it betrays the trust of people.  When I found out about it... it made me wonder if Jsojourner was actually a genuine poster or if that was just another "sock" of sorts... but I think he explained himself clearly and Jsojourner just has that genuine feel... so I can't be mad forever.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »

I felt like my fingers had been burnt at the weekend; I was dissapointed rather than annoyed because I wondered why could JS create such horrible personas when it was the entire opposite of who he was. He has done us a favour by trying to explain that process.

It takes a lot (and I'm not being loose with words) to admit you're failings like that so I respect it. As I said to jmfcst none of what has happens changes what Jsjourner believed and how he defended it.

I can't do anything other than accept he is sincerely sorry.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »

I think if JS remains, it should be with monitoring by the mods.

Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:41 PM »

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »

Wow, after reading this now I really know you are one really disturbed, f-ed up individual.

Most of the forum populace is so stupid that they'll forgive and forget and let things get back the way they were before.  Some of them may be so stupid as to trust you again.

I won't, period.  Of course, it's not like I did in the first place, so merely consider it a resumption of status quo.  Just with validation.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »

Wow, after reading this now I really know you are one really disturbed, f-ed up individual.

Most of the forum populace is so stupid that they'll forgive and forget and let things get back the way they were before.  Some of them may be so stupid as to trust you again.

I won't, period.  Of course, it's not like I did in the first place, so merely consider it a resumption of status quo.  Just with validation.

Agreed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »

I won't, period.  Of course, it's not like I did in the first place, so merely consider it a resumption of status quo.  Just with validation.

lol, why do you care so much? Most the forum is willing to forgive him because they don't really care enough to hold a grudge against someone they don't really know anyway. He isn't an integral part of anyone's life here (or at least he shouldn't be). Your attitude here, ironically, is one that fosters the creation of more internetz drama! Of course, I'm not saying I have any problem with that... just felt that I should point that out.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2010, 10:20:31 PM by J-Mann »

Get some help, man. You have a lot of internalized issues that lead to posting nearly 1,500 times under two fake accounts for over a year, and that's outside of your primary account, under which you posted -- on average -- over nine times per day.

I am deeply sympathetic to the issues that got you to that point, but you need to look outside of an internet forum for sympathy, understanding and respect. Seek professional counseling ... you need it.

Best wishes.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »

lol, why do you care so much? Most the forum is willing to forgive him because they don't really care enough to hold a grudge against someone they don't really know anyway. He isn't an integral part of anyone's life here (or at least he shouldn't be). Your attitude here, ironically, is one that fosters the creation of more internetz drama! Of course, I'm not saying I have any problem with that... just felt that I should point that out.

lol - for thinking that I hold a grudge and that I actually care.  

Read the post again.  I'll even help you.

I came to the conclusion he was a disturbed, f-ed individual two years ago.  Henceforth, this discovery (and the last two posts of today, which btw is the best evidence yet) is nothing new and merely validates my point of view.  There is no grudge and I don't really care - this is fact to me bore through observation and reading, nothing else.

Maybe you're right about me fostering more "internetz drama!" in terms of pointing out that almost all people (well, not the socks or trolls) are this forum are gullible suckers and are allowing themselves to be drawn in again because it makes them feel good.   So be it - I do like to ruffle feathers every so often.

Let's look at it this way - How many times have I actually responded to JS on this forum or otherwise in the past couple of years?  How many times will I post to JS on this forum after this whole thing?  Do I keep JS threads around - looking for ways to prove that I'm right?  Will I really care if the forum lets him back in with open arms?

This topic is probably about it for me on the JS subject - but this particular post struck me as classic manipulator behavior, so I felt like responding.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 12:40:14 AM »

Sam, trust me, no one is going to mistake you for caring.  Though I shouldn't be talking considering I stuffed him in a Mark VI photon torpedo tube and jettisoned him overboard, but at least I sent him where he could be resurrected by Genesis and someday rejoin the ship.

And I was thinking that it was Torie that you were sending to Genesis. Wink
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »

I forgive you - you were one of my favorite posters before, and you still are. You always made a lot of good points, even if I disagreed with some of them.

The only reason I didn't like Coburn (Well, I knew he was a sock) and more specifically, KTC, was that they made people who share similar beliefs on the forum (not I) look like nutters. That was pretty much why I was mad at first.

Glad to see you are back.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 01:27:21 AM »

I came to the conclusion he was a disturbed, f-ed individual two years ago.  Henceforth, this discovery (and the last two posts of today, which btw is the best evidence yet) is nothing new and merely validates my point of view.  There is no grudge and I don't really care - this is fact to me bore through observation and reading, nothing else.

Maybe you're right about me fostering more "internetz drama!" in terms of pointing out that almost all people (well, not the socks or trolls) are this forum are gullible suckers and are allowing themselves to be drawn in again because it makes them feel good.   So be it - I do like to ruffle feathers every so often.

Let's look at it this way - How many times have I actually responded to JS on this forum or otherwise in the past couple of years?  How many times will I post to JS on this forum after this whole thing?  Do I keep JS threads around - looking for ways to prove that I'm right?  Will I really care if the forum lets him back in with open arms?

This topic is probably about it for me on the JS subject - but this particular post struck me as classic manipulator behavior, so I felt like responding.

That's a fairly lengthy post for someone who doesn't care.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 01:46:32 AM »

Most of the forum populace is so stupid that they'll forgive and forget and let things get back the way they were before.  Some of them may be so stupid as to trust you again.

I won't, period.  Of course, it's not like I did in the first place, so merely consider it a resumption of status quo.  Just with validation.

Read the post again.  I'll even help you.

I came to the conclusion he was a disturbed, f-ed individual two years ago.  Henceforth, this discovery (and the last two posts of today, which btw is the best evidence yet) is nothing new and merely validates my point of view.  There is no grudge and I don't really care - this is fact to me bore through observation and reading, nothing else.

Maybe you're right about me fostering more "internetz drama!" in terms of pointing out that almost all people (well, not the socks or trolls) are this forum are gullible suckers and are allowing themselves to be drawn in again because it makes them feel good.   So be it - I do like to ruffle feathers every so often.

Let's look at it this way - How many times have I actually responded to JS on this forum or otherwise in the past couple of years?  How many times will I post to JS on this forum after this whole thing?  Do I keep JS threads around - looking for ways to prove that I'm right?  Will I really care if the forum lets him back in with open arms?

Sam Spade only cares about 1 thing:  Sam Spade.  And if he has to turn the attention of the forum onto him by going on at length about how he *doesn't* care... then that's what he'll do.  At the end of the day, Sam Spade's universe is very small.  He's the only one in it.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 03:31:37 AM »

Sam Spade's analysis is spot-on.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:09 PM »

It's times like this when the internet is revealed to be the big ball of stupid that it really is.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 05:58:53 AM »

Not really. I've written posts like that in like a minute without caring a great deal. His point was that he didn't care about JSojourner, not that he didn't care about being right. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 06:07:27 AM »

Not really. I've written posts like that in like a minute without caring a great deal. His point was that he didn't care about JSojourner, not that he didn't care about being right. Tongue

I fail to see why he or anyone else should care about that either.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 06:48:19 AM »

...and I fail to see why anyone should care about your visual short-comings. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 08:13:33 AM »

...and I fail to see why anyone should care about your visual short-comings. Tongue

Tell them about JSojourner.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »

This is why:

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 08:23:11 AM »

I have that feeling EVERY day.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »

Maybe I shouldn't be bumping this thread 5 days after it's gone stale...but I don't see what the big deal is.  I still think JSojourner's prank was funny.  I'm actually upset that he made an apology thread. 
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »

Maybe I shouldn't be bumping this thread 5 days after it's gone stale...but I don't see what the big deal is.  I still think JSojourner's prank was funny.  I'm actually upset that he made an apology thread. 

I'm not sure if it was exactly a prank. The accounts were maintained for a long time.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »

This is my first time reading this. Dude has major issues.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies