Motion to dissolve the current government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:50:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Motion to dissolve the current government
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Motion to dissolve the current government  (Read 14995 times)
Justin
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2004, 06:08:06 PM »

I move that the current government be dissolved and new elections held when a new constitution is signed and ratified.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 06:10:23 PM »

Before Progressive's vote on this issue I suggest we all convene in our own forums to discuss this situation.
dunn

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 06:11:25 PM »

Before Progressive's vote on this issue I suggest we all convene in our own forums to discuss this situation.

yeah
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2004, 09:12:53 PM by Emsworth »

I think that the government should be dissolved upon the adoption of a fresh constitution.

EDIT: I was formerly unaware that our President's term runs until June. I believed that he was elected to serve only in the interim, organizing the convention, until a constitution is finalized. Since this does not appear to be the case, I hereby withdraw the above.
dunn

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 06:22:35 PM »

I think that the government should be dissolved upon the adoption of a fresh constitution.

Emsworth - can you go to our forum please

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 06:24:30 PM »

I don't think we should be so hasty.  Although a fresh new start may be preferible.  If we do this and hold new elections,  given the nature of the present situation, I swear not to run this time around and I will leave the floor open to Nym and another candidate.

However, over-all I must say that i don't see this the preferible thing to do at the moment and I think that we should just keep going with this until the next election.  So I must vote 'NO'.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 06:28:51 PM »

NO
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »

No, Nym and Harry earned it.
Demrepdan

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 07:02:51 PM »

We should have all decided not to hold elections until a constitution is formed.......it's too late now....you should have mentioned it sooner........so I vote NAY....
dunn

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 07:05:12 PM »

We should have all decided not to hold elections until a constitution is formed.......it's too late now....you should have mentioned it sooner........so I vote NAY....
If you guys were listening...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 07:06:39 PM »

Look at these Progressive Party people.  So desperate to sieze power.  It's almost comical.  Smiley
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 07:09:18 PM »

Look at these Progressive Party people.  So desperate to sieze power.  It's almost comical.  Smiley

I know.....I used to want to be a Progressive....but now it seems as if they are nothing but power hungry politicians....
dunn

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 07:09:51 PM »

Yoy got to be kidding. We called for a constitution do that kind of mess will not happend. and Justin that started this thread is a republican!
we just want yo play right mister
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »

I know.....I used to want to be a Progressive....but now it seems as if they are nothing but power hungry politicians....

Huh
Demrepdan

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 07:14:07 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2004, 07:17:54 PM by Demrepdan »

Huh

I was kidding... Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 07:15:04 PM »

Huh

I was kidding... Wink

Well, that's good to know... I guess... Huh Smiley
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 07:16:12 PM »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

As First Secretary to the Progressive Party, I make the following announcement on behalf of the Party:

The Party is minded of its obligations to democracy and to the Forum and has therefore decided to take time to reflect within its own ranks on the problems presently facing the Forum as regards the confusion in the Leadership. The Party has decided to meet in an emergency Convention to discuss events and a position will be published shortly thereafter.
dunn

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 07:17:15 PM »

that just not like you dan
Demrepdan

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2004, 07:19:01 PM »

that just not like you dan

I was joking......I thought it was funny what Supersoulty said so I responded.....

I think what Supersoulty see's as the Progressives being "desperate for power" is nothing more than the sudden BOOM in their popularity......they're the number ONE third party at the forum......
dunn

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2004, 07:19:23 PM »

Huh

I was kidding... Wink
oh well
that's goodold dan
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 07:21:22 PM »

they're the number ONE third party at the forum......

And what an accomplishment that is Grin
Justin
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 08:24:16 PM »

Yoy got to be kidding. We called for a constitution do that kind of mess will not happend. and Justin that started this thread is a republican!
we just want yo play right mister
I stand by my call for the government dissolved. We should have a leader UNTIL a constitution is agreed upon. I urge members of the Progressive Party and the 2 Major parties to stand behind this motion if they are for fair and democratic elections.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 08:33:57 PM »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

As First Secretary to the Progressive Party, I make the following announcement on behalf of the Party:

The Party is minded of its obligations to democracy and to the Forum and has therefore decided to take time to reflect within its own ranks on the problems presently facing the Forum as regards the confusion in the Leadership. The Party has decided to meet in an emergency Convention to discuss events and a position will be published shortly thereafter.

'First Secretary'?  This isn't the Soviet Union.  What will are president be called if he is a Progressive?  'The Premier'?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2004, 08:38:14 PM »

'First Secretary'?  This isn't the Soviet Union.  What will are president be called if he is a Progressive?  'The Premier'?
At first we are portrayed as being power-hungry, and now we seem to be totalitarian Soviets. I must object to this argumentum ad hominem against the Progressives.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2004, 08:43:32 PM »

Well that certainly was not where I gained my inspiration for the title from. The Party Chair is held by Dunn and I have been appointed First Secretary in consequence of the authority granted Dunn by the Party Constitution. A Progressive President would of course carry the title that any other President would carry and it is ludicrous to suggest otherwise.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies