Was WWII the only major war under whih there was a clear good side and bad side? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:55:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Was WWII the only major war under whih there was a clear good side and bad side? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Was WWII the only major war under whih there was a clear good side and bad side?  (Read 18709 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: February 23, 2010, 04:10:05 AM »

There was no "clear good side and bad side" in World War II. Roll Eyes

Kids, look at this. Don't do drugs!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:32:30 AM »

Damn pardon my lack of political correctness Sad
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:47:36 AM »

Well the usual candidates have provided absurd commentary (Rochambeau, Libertas....primarily).

To Mechaman: It may be a logical view that you hold....and it's isn't wrong in theory that the United States government should primarily protect American interests.....but there are cases where an injustice outside our borders is so great that it is our duty to do whatever is necessary to defeat the injustice...in my opinion at least.

Think about the consequences if Hitler had stayed in power and continued his regime of terror. Do you think Europe would be a nice place now? Do you think the world would be a nice place now?

Saying that you aren't willing to sacrifice American lives for a "European problem" is all well and good, but to me that is a declaration that an American life is worth more than one elsewhere. I can't accept that line of thinking. To prevent millions and millions of further deaths...the only responsible and moral response was indeed to fight in the war.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14:04 AM »

Well the second one can if it stops a worse wrong from continuing. 

Again, a man is beating another man to death.  You've tried talking to him, but he ignores you.  You, as a human, would have the duty to make it stop.  Violence may be your only option.  What if the one getting beat to death is a dog?  A Woman?  A child?

No, there is no duty for anything.

Actually there is a legal duty in many countries....but I oppose them naturally.

Regardless, you do actually have a moral duty, and I have no respect for people that think they can just ignore problems before their own eyes and act like it's not immoral at all to go about their business.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies