PA/Quinnipiac: Specter comes back to life
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA/Quinnipiac: Specter comes back to life
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA/Quinnipiac: Specter comes back to life  (Read 10220 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 09:14:06 PM »

A former president of the club for growth won't win a election in any democrat state. And Pennsylvania voted for the D's candidate for president in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008.

Stop tempting fate.  Toomey will likely win as it is...pretending Specter's a shoo-in ignores his very real vulnerability.  Given that most of the electorate, right and left, view him as an opportunistic phony and, as Mr. Moderate pointed out, Dem turnout will be suppressed by an uncompetitive governor's race, Specter's in the race of his career.  Not even Arlen Specter could invent up a magic bullet better designed for ending his career.
ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »

A former president of the club for growth won't win a election in any democrat state. And Pennsylvania voted for the D's candidate for president in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008.

Stop tempting fate.  Toomey will likely win as it is...pretending Specter's a shoo-in ignores his very real vulnerability.  Given that most of the electorate, right and left, view him as an opportunistic phony and, as Mr. Moderate pointed out, Dem turnout will be suppressed by an uncompetitive governor's race, Specter's in the race of his career.  Not even Arlen Specter could invent up a magic bullet better designed for ending his career.

It's definitely a stupid idea for Democrats to pretend that Specter can't lose. They should have learned that from the Massachusetts special election. I hope they do take that position, though I strongly doubt they will.

As things are right now I'm reasonably confident that Toomey will win, but it's a long time until November.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »

Toomey lost 2004 GOP primary because he was too conservative, even for republicans. He won't win the race. If he lost a Republican primary to specter, he won't be able to win independent and D vote.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »

Toomey lost 2004 GOP primary because he was too conservative, even for republicans. He won't win the race. If he lost a Republican primary to specter, he won't be able to win independent and D vote.

Anything else you'd like to add?

wave bivgger than expected on march and he still won by only 2%. I don't think he can win in 2016, let's see.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »

I don't think he can win in 2016, let's see.

People are still predicting races six years in advance. Astounding. Did this year (and previous years) not prove anything?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 12:58:48 AM »

Toomey will have the power of incumbency on his side in 2016 which could help shield him to some extent in a less Republican environment. As I said in another thread, I think a rematch with Sestak would be extremely fun to watch. They certainly put on a good show this time around.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

I didn't predict nothing. I only said I don't think he wins, but I rerally don't (and can't) know.
but he was as conservative as santorum two years ago. if he acts like another teabagger in the senate, he will have problems to win another term.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies