Demrepdan's final changes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:29:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Demrepdan's final changes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Demrepdan's final changes  (Read 19456 times)
Demrepdan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 11:16:14 PM »

If we do four we could stagger them at one election a month.

That's what I was thinking....if Senators serve 2 month terms......then we need to stagger them where we have Senatorial Elections each month.......with half of the Senate seats up for grabs.......but as it looks now.....we will have 2 Senators per region....and if that's the case I will NOT stagger the elections for a measly 10 Senators.......
Demrepdan

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 11:26:11 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2004, 11:27:51 PM by Demrepdan »

Which makes me think of something else......should we have 4 month terms for Senators or 2 month? Because if we have 4 month that means that EVERY elected postition at the forum is 4 months in length....which would mean that everyone would have to wait 4 months to get involved in the next election......people don't like to wait......

Of course.....perhaps Gubernatorial elections can be held every 2 months or even every month...or every 6 months...or 9 months....or year....or whatever........because it's up to the regions how long their Governor serves.......

UNLESS.....you guys want me to strip that right from the regions....and dictate to them that they must hold Gubernatorial elections every 2 months or something....which I would write in......again.....I need all of your feedback.....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 11:27:22 PM »

That's what I was thinking....if Senators serve 2 month terms......then we need to stagger them where we have Senatorial Elections each month.......with half of the Senate seats up for grabs.......but as it looks now.....we will have 2 Senators per region....and if that's the case I will NOT stagger the elections for a measly 10 Senators.......

But we don't want to have election too often or else there would be NO stability at all.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2004, 11:28:01 PM »

But we don't want to have election too often or else there would be NO stability at all.

And after a while it would just get confusing and over done.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 12:11:56 AM »

Has anyone actually read my proposal? It would give every region an election every two months or so; meaning that people wouldnt have to wait all that long for an election they can contest, plus it also means that senators do serve for four months.
Demrepdan

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2004, 12:18:04 AM »

Has anyone actually read my proposal? It would give every region an election every two months or so; meaning that people wouldnt have to wait all that long for an election they can contest, plus it also means that senators do serve for four months.

Could you post a link to your proposal here?.....so everyone can read it again....and people can express their opinons on it right here on this thread which will finalize the constitution.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2004, 12:25:52 AM »

It's on page one of this thread, and I've probably presented it five times by now in various places Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2004, 01:04:48 AM »

Four months terms for Senators please.
Having for Senators per region and an election every months doens't sound too bad...Although in that case four regions are enough. Which means we could use the official regions.
dunn

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2004, 04:15:48 AM »

It's on page one of this thread, and I've probably presented it five times by now in various places Tongue

some of them my friend do not bother to read
dunn

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2004, 04:19:41 AM »

a prez+vp
5 cabinet members
5 governors
3 sc judges
10 senators

is already more then half of registered voters. more senators is insane.

If it just for job seeking everyone can declared himself the president of Earth/Mars/Venus/Gaalxy76879-024
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2004, 04:22:08 AM »

I'll be dictator-for-life of the Solar System! Smiley
dunn

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2004, 04:27:49 AM »

I'll be dictator-for-life of the Solar System! Smiley

I will be Ceaser of the Milky way, ypu will be under my rule!

Smiley

you never fail to see my point.

Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2004, 05:12:37 PM »

My proposal is as follows:

1. "General elections" held every fourth month, with "midterm elections" also held every fourth month, between general elections.
2. President, Vice President, one Senator from each region, Governors from Regions A, B elected at each general election.
3. One Senator from each region, Governors from Regions C, D, E elected at each midterm election.
4. One of the three seats on the court becomes vacant one month following each general election.
dunn

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2004, 05:16:53 PM »

My proposal is as follows:

1. "General elections" held every fourth month, with "midterm elections" also held every fourth month, between general elections.
2. President, Vice President, one Senator from each region, Governors from Regions A, B elected at each general election.
3. One Senator from each region, Governors from Regions C, D, E elected at each midterm election.
4. One of the three seats on the court becomes vacant one month following each general election.
sounds right
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2004, 05:18:56 PM »

The supreme court should have three members appointed in this way:

1. Should be the second-highest placing Presidential candidate, or a representative of them
2. Should be appointed by the President
3. Should be the ame Moderator.

This basically means there will be a 2-1 split on most things, with the independent having the casting vote.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2004, 05:49:39 PM »

If we have the SC members appointed by the forum (logical) then wouldn't we need the senate to confirm them?

If so, then perhaps we should have ALL the senate elections 2 months before the presidential elections, so we could get the ball rolling.
Demrepdan

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2004, 06:59:18 PM »

I can tell this is going to be HELL on finding a basic ground to finish the Constitution.

I don't like the idea of one of the three Supreme Court Justices must resign after one month...and be replaced or whatever.....it just seems...stupid.

And as far as the Senate seats....it sounds as if some of you wish to have both Senate seats up for re-election from the region....like......Region 1 2 and 3 have there's up during the mid-term....and Region 4 and 5 have there's up during the Presidential elections.

It doesn't work like this in real life.....no TWO Senators from any STATE have their seat up for election at the same time. If you MUST stagger the elections......I suggest that we simply have ONE of the Senators from each region have their seat up for election...which would mean 5 of the 10 Senators (1 Senator from every region) would have their seats up for election....at any given time.....
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2004, 07:09:33 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2004, 07:10:02 PM by Emsworth »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They need not resign. Supreme Court Justices would have staggered terms, so that each President would have the opportunity to appoint 1 Justice one month into his term.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
If you are referring to my proposal, the facts are not as you have put them. Under my proposal, one Senate seat from each region would be up every election. It is the Gubernatorial situation to which you might be referring. Three Gubernatorial elections occur at midters, and two at general elections.
Demrepdan

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2004, 07:15:19 PM »

If you are referring to my proposal, the facts are not as you have put them. Under my proposal, one Senate seat from each region would be up every election. It is the Gubernatorial situation to which you might be referring. Three Gubernatorial elections occur at midters, and two at general elections.

I wasn't referring to yours....I was referring to the people who wanted to have it like that......I have heard talk of it somewhere....even in another thread I believe.....

And it still my belief.....that we should grant regional rights....and not dictate to the regions when to hold their Gubernatorial elections.....
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2004, 07:16:38 PM »

And it still my belief.....that we should grant regional rights....and not dictate to the regions when to hold their Gubernatorial elections.....
This proposal also seems acceptable to me.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2004, 08:33:22 PM »

Plan one. A question though, Is NYM PRESIDENT OR PRESIDENT-ELECT?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2004, 09:23:32 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2004, 09:49:33 PM by Emsworth »

Demrepdan,

Have you read my earlier post on changing some of the wording in the Constitution? If so, what is your verdict on the same proposal?

I have further proposals for rewording, mostly in order to eliminate redundancies, and also to remove archaic terminology ("chuse," for instance), and for other purposes:

Firstly, for Article I, I humbly propose that the following be the Article:

Section 1 (Legislative Powers)

All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in the Congress of the Atlas Forum, which shall consist of a Senate.

Section 2 (The Senate)

Clause 1. The United States shall be divided into five regions, each of which shall be represented by two Senators.

Clause 2. The Senators shall be elected by the voters of the region from amongst those inhabitants of the region who have attained at least thirty posts and have declared within twenty days of the election their candidacy. But if there shall be only one person who shall announce his or her candidacy, then no election shall be held, and that person shall be deemed elected.

Clause 3. The Vice President of the Forum shall be the President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, except when the Senate is equally divided.

Clause 4. The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, who shall preside over the Senate in the absence of the Vice President.

Section 3. (Impeachment)

[To Be Determined]

Section 4. (Expulsion)

The Senate may, two-thirds of the total number of Senators concurring, expel a Senator from office.

Section 5. (Congress’s Vote)

The Congress may pass a bill for the purpose of making laws, or a resolution for the purpose of declaring war, a majority of the Senators voting concurring. But all such bills and resolutions shall first be submitted to the President before taking effect; and the President may either declare his or her approval or veto it. If the President approves, or if he or she neither approves nor vetos the bill or resolution within seven days, the bill or resolution shall take effect. But if he shall veto it, the bill or resolution shall be of no effect unless the Congress shall vote, two-thirds of the Senators concurring, to override the President's veto.

Section 6. (Congressional Elections)

[To Be Determined; Probably could combine this Section and the Section on Presidential elections, as well as those on voters' qualifications, into a new Article on Elections]

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2004, 02:19:10 AM »

At the first-ever senate election, we might elect five for 4-month and five for two-month terms, just so we have a working senate quickly.
dunn

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2004, 02:22:49 AM »

At the first-ever senate election, we might elect five for 4-month and five for two-month terms, just so we have a working senate quickly.

yeah, good point
Demrepdan

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2004, 03:40:53 AM »

I agree with that plan.....I think we should hold Senate elections for ALL Senators in late April (I hope the Constitution will be finished in time)......and then we would hold ANOTHER Senate election during the Presidential election in late June...in which 5 of the 10 would have their seat up for re-election. This would only happen this one time...because all Senators will serve 4 month terms.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies