The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:52:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297523 times)
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »

Road Creation Act- Blanche Lincoln Boulevard- Monticello, Ark.

1.   This act creates a new segment of Arkansas State Highway 35, with four lanes total, a divided highway running along the path specified, with new oak trees planted in the center median (local government will decide how many, and how far apart they shall be spaced), with at-grade intersections.
2.   This divided highway shall be named Blanche Lincoln Boulevard.
3.   The map below is the specified path.
4.   This bill appropriates $100,000,000 for the completion of this project

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #876 on: December 01, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »

I think naming it after the state's outgoing Senator could be perceived as a subtle jab at the voters of Arkansas.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #877 on: December 01, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »

I think naming it after the state's outgoing Senator could be perceived as a subtle jab at the voters of Arkansas.

Or just honoring her for her years of service to the state. Tongue
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #878 on: December 01, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »

I see no real grounds of complaint here, aside from the name - which I suspect KS isn't inclined to change.

We still have plenty of funding left, so I don't quite see why not.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #879 on: December 02, 2010, 03:40:32 AM »

For the record, I have no issues with signing this bill with the currently proposed name for the highway/boulevard in question. I just wanted to put forward that some people might be unhappy with the name.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #880 on: December 02, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »

I see no real grounds of complaint here, aside from the name - which I suspect KS isn't inclined to change.

Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #881 on: December 02, 2010, 04:12:12 PM »

Looks good to me.  I believe we are ready to vote on it.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #882 on: December 02, 2010, 06:42:19 PM »

Okay. I think this bill is pretty self-explanitory, so

Legislators- Vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #883 on: December 02, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »

Aye
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #884 on: December 02, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »

Aye.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #885 on: December 02, 2010, 07:43:24 PM »

Aye. Yay, unanimous consent.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: December 03, 2010, 07:44:26 AM »

The Blanche Lincoln Boulevard Creation Bill has passed.

Waiting for Emeperor PiT to sign

Anyone have a bill?
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #887 on: December 03, 2010, 01:56:39 PM »

Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #888 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »

On the Blanche Lincoln Boulevard Creation Act: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #889 on: December 03, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »

If I may, I would like the advice of the Legislature & the Lord of Darkness on a matter. It has come to my attention that another stimulus bill is in the pipeline, the details of which Senator NC Yankee outlined here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will ask the Secretary keep in mind this is at best a rough outline and not a finished ready to go bill. I am open to adjusting amounts. I am not glued to any particular method of allocating the funds, as demonstrated by a combination of Senate and SoIA directed funds. If the SoIA thinks thinks other sections or all of them should be at his discretion, I am fine with that, though I do think the Senate should have some appropriating authority. The choices of regions and amounts in the sections that are Senate directed clauses is based on my knowledge of the investments and where they will be most effective (hence bulk of wind to the Midwest for the Wind Corridor etc) or which regions are in the most need of help. At the time I was under the impression that the Mideast had the worst economic condition followed by the Southeast.

Secretary of Internal Affairs Dr. Cynic has requested that I report to him the region's highest & lowest priorities for funding, as well as the estimated total we'll need. Rather than make a unilateral decision on the matter, I decided that I should see what you folks think about the matter.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #890 on: December 03, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »

Thanks for all the works y'all did on that bill. You are truly the DS's finest!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #891 on: December 04, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »

Thankyou.  If you had not proposed the bill we would never have thought about it.

Governor PiT, to be honest, I don't know how much money we will need and what our highest and lowest priorities are because I do not know the state of the various infrastructures in the IDS.  Is there a report or some source to find out or are we just supposed to come up with random figures (or do we base our figures off the state of the actual American Southeast rather than the Atlasian one)?

By the way, I have the flu, so I might not be very active over the next few days.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #892 on: December 04, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2010, 02:40:42 PM by Lieutenant Governor KS21 »

Thankyou.  If you had not proposed the bill we would never have thought about it.

Governor PiT, to be honest, I don't know how much money we will need and what our highest and lowest priorities are because I do not know the state of the various infrastructures in the IDS.  Is there a report or some source to find out or are we just supposed to come up with random figures (or do we base our figures off the state of the actual American Southeast rather than the Atlasian one)?

By the way, I have the flu, so I might not be very active over the next few days.

Sorry, Yelnoc. Having the flu is never fun. Sad

Infrastructure is a huge problem. I also think we could dump some more money into making towns like Natchez, MS a tourist town. Right now the town is surviving off of it's annual pilgrimages...
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #893 on: December 04, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

Infrastructure is a huge problem. I also think we could dump some more money into making towns like Natchez, MS a tourist town. Right now the town is surviving off of it's annual pilgrimages...

What category of the stimulus would that fall under, out of interest? Thing is, I agree, but I'd need to make some more specific calculations to figure how much we could spend.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #894 on: December 04, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »

What category of the stimulus would that fall under, out of interest? Thing is, I agree, but I'd need to make some more specific calculations to figure how much we could spend.

I think the biggest priorities should be (in no particualr order)

A. Roads/Bridges

B. Tourism (After BP, along with making our region a destination for nature-lovers)

C. Education (Lord, do our schools need to be fixed)

D. Renewable energy investments (Wind in TX, Hydro in LA, Solar everywhere, etc.)
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #895 on: December 04, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »

A. Roads/Bridges

B. Tourism (After BP, along with making our region a destination for nature-lovers)

D. Renewable energy investments (Wind in TX, Hydro in LA, Solar everywhere, etc.)

Thing is, I don't know exactly where tourism would fit under the stimulus terms.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #896 on: December 04, 2010, 07:32:25 PM »

A. Roads/Bridges

Thing is, I don't know exactly where tourism would fit under the stimulus terms.

Neither do I, but it's something we need. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #897 on: December 05, 2010, 02:24:17 AM »

I think boosting tourism would require the construction of more landmarks, along the lines of the giant pentagram we're currently building in Memphis.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: December 05, 2010, 09:49:41 AM »

I think boosting tourism would require the construction of more landmarks, along the lines of the giant pentagram we're currently building in Memphis.

Not neccessarily. We have tons of antebellum mansions that could be added to the National Parks system, fixed up, and turned into exhibits or something like that.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #899 on: December 05, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »

I think that list is fine if you take out tourism.  We do not need federal stimulus money to boost it.  An add campaign showcasing our natural and historical attractions would do the trick.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies