The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:22:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297478 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: December 13, 2010, 02:16:04 AM »

I suppose I just like these titles. Undecided

There's those among us who don't.

At this point, I'd like to start using the SE/DS titles again and get a reasonable set of office names.

And if we want to have something other than your standard names (Gov, AG, etc.), we could at least make it sound less teenager-that's-spent-too-much-time-playing-wierd,-dark-videogames-ish.

As far as I can see, Lord of Darkness is the only kinda weird one and I am open to changing that.  I don't see what is "loony" about Emperor, Imperial Speaker, and the rest.

Emperor and Imperial are anti-Democratic titles, although I don't completely oppose them.

Lord of Darkness is just plain nutty.

Maybe a "You pick" bill would be good, allowing the SE/DS/IDS to all be valid along with Gov./Emperor etc.

However, Lord of Darkness has to go. Period.

I would be perfectly fine with allowing the old titles alongside the current ones. That's more or less the de facto state of affairs, anyway.
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #951 on: December 13, 2010, 07:45:39 AM »

Also, attached to this new bill we could transfer the position of Registar to me, as it appears we don't know who's in charge of that job right now.
I hate to be the ignorant sounding one, but what exactly is the function of the Registrar in Atlasia?  And how about we put the decision on titles to the people?  Let's hold a referendum.  Here is what I was thinking.  Of course the specific titles that would appear on the ballot are subject to change as decided by this legislative body.  Thoughts?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's fine with me.

And the registar is in charge of registration for parties and states at the federal level. We have "regional parties," but it appears the whole system for those has been lost somewhere along the way...
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #952 on: December 13, 2010, 12:18:20 PM »

And in doing this we should wipe clean all regional party affiliations and register everyone as independent since we have lost all records somehow. Then they can register with a party (I'd open a thread for this)
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #953 on: December 13, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »

Essentially,

1. Do we want the people decide the titles of the public offices or should the legislature vote on this? Or should we legalize both sets of titles?

2. We need to adress who's in charge of being registar. I'd like to get this regional party system up and moving...

Legislators, any thoughts?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #954 on: December 13, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »

I think the people should vote on the titles, so as to (hopefully) make the issue more "final". Southerners have been known to push issues that they are passionate about really hard, so it would be nice to have it done with sooner rather than later.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #955 on: December 13, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »

I say open up a referendum in the voting booth along the lines of what I suggested.

As to the Registrar General, is that really necessary?  Hans has us registered in the Atlasia Census Bureau already.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #956 on: December 13, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »

Hans does not manage the long-forgotten regional parties, something I'd like to revive.

It kinda like British Columbia. There's the federal liberals (who fit their name) and then there's the provencial Liberals, which ironically is the right-wing party of the province.

I sent a message out to all three legislators, and only one has responded. Miles has no excuse, he's been on since I sent that message out. Sven I think has as well, but I'll check on that...
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #957 on: December 13, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »

(crickets)
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #958 on: December 13, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »

Could we get a voting booth up in that case, since that's the only thing that's been suggested?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #959 on: December 13, 2010, 08:14:15 PM »

Since it's not especially critical, would it be alright with everyone if I waited until late Thursday night/Friday morning to open it? It might impact turnout negatively to have the booth open exclusively during the week, since people don't really expect one then.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #960 on: December 13, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »

Since it's not especially critical, would it be alright with everyone if I waited until late Thursday night/Friday morning to open it? It might impact turnout negatively to have the booth open exclusively during the week, since people don't really expect one then.

Yeah, that's fine.

And would the registar position be included, or do we need a bill for that (I'd like to get this program going again)?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #961 on: December 13, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

That sounds good, though I'm pretty sure the only people who ever vote at our region's voting booth are elected officials (with maybe one or two exceptions).

The registrar general should probably be passed in the legislature.  I seem to remember something about the RG's duties being consolidated with another offices right before I was elected.  PiT, do you know anything about that?
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #962 on: December 13, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »

No, I talked to the Emperor and it appears no one knows

A. Where the hell the regional registration thread is

B. Who the job belongs to

and I'd like to add it to my role as Lt. Gov. to sorta revitalize the program. My job is bland as it is, don't get to propose or vote on anything (except in rare ties).
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #963 on: December 13, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »

and I'd like to add it to my role as Lt. Gov. to sorta revitalize the program. My job is bland as it is, don't get to propose or vote on anything (except in rare ties).
How about this.  You post a bill in this thread or PM it to me and I will officially bring it before the legislature so that we can "debate" it.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #964 on: December 13, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »

How about this.  You post a bill in this thread or PM it to me and I will officially bring it before the legislature so that we can "debate" it.

Will do. I'll try to have it done by tomorrow.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #965 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:40 PM »

It occurred to me that votes before the public generally take place in an up-or-down format. As such, perhaps we should pass a bill calling for a referendum between the two name options.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #966 on: December 14, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »

Okay. Anyone want to propose such a bill?
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #967 on: December 14, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »

My bill has been sent to Yelnoc. Hopefully he can bring it to the floor soon. When this happens,

DEBATE MAY BEGIN

Debate will last 12 hours before we hold an up-or-down vote before moving on to other business.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #968 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »

I am sponsoring this for KS21.  I will go ahead and say I have no qualms with it.  Svennson?  Miles?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #969 on: December 15, 2010, 12:57:38 PM »

Debate ends at 9 PM Central.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: December 15, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »

And I may shut it down early if no one says anything...
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #971 on: December 15, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »

Keep it up the whole time please.  Sometimes people can't make time for Atlasia until the very last minute possible; I know I'm one of those people.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #972 on: December 15, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »

Keep it up the whole time please.  Sometimes people can't make time for Atlasia until the very last minute possible; I know I'm one of those people.

Okay...

I might not be in at 9 (my schedule for the next several hours is going to be a bit of the mess), so if I don't make a post to end debate by 9:15, go ahead and start voting.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: December 16, 2010, 07:56:50 AM »

(crickets)

Legislators, vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

I thought for sure at least two of you would have beaten me to this thread this morning.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #974 on: December 16, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »

Nay.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length