Nancy Pelosi on Health Care bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:00:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nancy Pelosi on Health Care bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi on Health Care bill  (Read 542 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:53:14 PM »

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it”

http://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/pressreleases?id=1576
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:01:36 PM »

An unfortunate side effect of Republicans telling lies about it and rubes like some of the posters in this thread believing them.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »

Not very well worded...but the statement is pretty much true. The only way to show that the world is not ending is to actually implement it.

Same goes for gay marriage and a lot of other things.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:45:02 PM »

Not very well worded...but the statement is pretty much true. The only way to show that the world is not ending is to actually implement it.

My angst about the health care bill is down the road, and cannibalizing medical infrastructure assets due to price controls and the like. But I have said that before.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2010, 10:38:36 AM by sbane »

My angst about the health care bill is down the road, and cannibalizing medical infrastructure assets due to price controls and the like. But I have said that before.

That is certainly a legitimate concern but it's better than the status quo where middle class families are increasingly being priced out of the market, and that is before we start talking about what happens to those with pre-existing conditions. If we must solve this problem we have to have rationing (of course we already do have rationing and I don't understand why opponents don't acknowledge that).

Also I don't think the innovation in medical technology will slow down as much as you fear. It hasn't in any other country with "socialized medicine" and all of the developed world has such a system. I know you will say America subsidizes their medical technology but in response I say it's about time we stop. Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:21:16 PM »

An unfortunate side effect of Republicans telling lies about it and rubes like some of the posters in this thread believing them.

Exactly, anyone trying to say Pelosi meant anything other than this is lying as much as the Republicans have in talking about this bill.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies