SE House legislation introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE House legislation introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SE House legislation introduction Thread  (Read 37518 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 31, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »

So that we have something to work on after the current bill passes.

Unborn Child Protection Act

1.  Noting that...
  • With current medical technology, babies can survive outside of the womb during the third  trimester, as evidenced by the plethora of prematurely born babies that survive to become healthy individuals.
  • Ending the life of a prematurely born baby is illegal.
2.  On that basis, the Unborn Child Protection Act seeks to extend that protection to fetus's in the third trimester.  All abortions carried out during the 3rd Trimester of pregancy are hereby illegal
3.  Any physician who knowingly performs an abortion in the third trimester shall be fined under this titled or imprisoned for not more than two years or both.
4.  Exceptions to this law may be made in the case of a threat to the mother's health, rape, or incest.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »

Assault Weapons Ban

1.  The following firearms fall under the category of "assault weapons"...
  • All fully automatic weapons
  • Semi-automatic rifles able to accept attachable magazines and one or more of the following: folding telescope or stock, pistol grip, bayonet mount, flash suppresor or threaded barrel designed to accomadate one, grenade launcher.
  • Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and one or more of the following: magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip; threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppresor, hangrip, or supppresor; barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold; unloaded weight of 50 oz. (1.4 kg) or more; a semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm.
  • Semi-automatic shotguns with one or more of the following: folding or telescoping stock, pistol grip, fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds, detachable magazine
2.  It is henceforth illegal to make an assault weapon unless it is to be sold to the government or law enforcement agency. 
3.  Illegally manufacturing an assault weapon is punishable by up to five years in a federal penitentiary.
4.  Illegally reselling an assault weapon is punishable by up to three years in a federal penitentiary.
5.  Illegally buying an assault weapon is punishable by up to two years in a federal penitentiary or a fine of $200,000.
6.  Any person who legally came into the possession of an assault weapon before the passage of this bill and still legally owns one is entitled to keep it so long as he/she does not attempt to sell it or use it off of his/her property.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »

Ok, in the future, post bills here.  I will transfer them to the other thread as they come up to be debated.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »

Just to be clear, I am retracting the "Legal Naming Conventions" bill.  After voting on the "Private School Administration Rights Bill" ends, the next bill will be the "The Freedom to View Classic Network News Act".  After that I will put the bill Sanchez posted in the Legislature up to debate; however, Sanchez, I would be grateful if you posted it in this thread first.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 06:56:33 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »

Omnibus Maintenance Bill

1. The Emperor of the Imperial Dominion of the South shall have the authority to, by executive order, grant Omnibus status to or remove Omnibus status from any bill or initiative passed into law in the Imperial Dominion of the South.

2. Any bill or initiative that is passed into law amending a law accorded Omnibus status (hereinafter Omnibus law) shall, in addition to being recorded in a Wiki article of its own, be incorporated into the text of the Wiki article of the amended Omnibus law.
   a. The Emperor shall have the authority to, by executive order, declare any bill or initiative passed into law to be an amendment to an Omnibus law or, likewise, declare any bill or initiative passed into law to be unrelated to an Omnibus law.
   b. Any citizen of the region shall have the right to appeal any order issued by the Emperor pursuant to Section 2, Clause a of this bill to the regional Magistrate for judicial review.

3. In the Wiki article of any Omnibus law, there shall exist a link to a forum post or Wiki article including the original version of the law.

4. Should any Omnibus law have its Omnibus status removed pursuant to Section 1 of this bill, the original text of the law, as linked to pursuant to Section 3 of this bill, shall supplant the amended text, if any difference between the two versions should exist, in the Wiki article of the formerly Omnibus law in question.

Amendment Repealing Useless or Superseded Amendments to the Southeast Constitution, mk. II

The following Initiatives/Amendments to the Southeast Constitution are hereby repealed:
  • Amendment to the Southeast Constitution on Amendment Procedure (54)
  • Amendment to the Southeast Constitution on Amendment Process (94)
  • Amendment of Article I Section 9 (178)
  • Why The Need For Special Election Act? (206)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »

Just a quickie.
Cheesy
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »

Come on Sanchez! "Yelnoc is to be honored"? You need specifics! Like a statue or a highway...
Cheesy Cheesy
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »

Looks good, though I think we will want to put some numbers to it. Many thanks for writing a bill up, though!

Don't suppose we could just put "As much as necessary"? Lol, think $15 Billion would be accurate?
Put that in a calculator Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »

It's obviously a rough draft.  I wasn't sure exactly how to tackle the problem, but there it is.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »

Introducing on behalf of PiT:

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »

Alright we, finally have a backlog!  Here's another bill to consider once the other regions get around to ratifying the "Ratification Regionalization Amendment".

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 11:42:01 AM by Yelnoc »

Obviously the verbage needs work, but I'm at school atm.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 12:15:24 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »

Now that I am writing the almanac, this is really bugging me.  If you guys don't mind, I plan to bump this to the to the top of the que once we finish the school vouchers bill.  While it needs a good deal of work, I imagine this will be a quickie.

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »

How 'bout we wait until my bill is introduced to discuss this, eh?

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »

'Sup? I used to be the governor of the Southeast (in like 2005 IIRC) and a few other national posts (VP, SCCJ. I've been reading some and am rather clueless about what's going on. Is the "House" for everyone to participate? Who are our leaders? Is Dibble still Magistrate? Like to get somewhat involved.
In reverse order Dibble is still the Magistrate (now called the Chief Judicial Overlord), PiT is Emperor (Governor) and I am Imperial Speaker (SotH).  For a quick intro, read the Imperial Almanac, which is stickied in this board.  The house, which we call the legislature, is a five member body; current members are myself, Taft4Prez, Progressive Realist, MasterSanders, and Pingvin.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2012, 09:05:52 PM by Yelnoc »

Would anyone be interested in repealing a couple sections of the Return of the Right-to-Work Initiative? Definitely 3, possibly a few others.
I dunno, I haven't looked at in a while.  PM me a bill outline or at least a more fleshed out idea and I will add something to the que for you.  

In the meantime, here's a little thing.

Also...

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

I'll need another citizen to sign on. Figure if we're an Empire, we should have Imperial Colonies.
Let's not name a colony after a man who was a member of the KKK.  How about MLK Station?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

I'll need another citizen to sign on. Figure if we're an Empire, we should have Imperial Colonies.
Let's not name a colony after a man who was a member of the KKK.  How about MLK Station?

Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, Jr., AN, was an aviator and polar explorer, being the first to reach the North Pole and South Pole by air. He has received the Medal of Honor, the Lifesaving Medal, the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross, and the Navy Cross, and is not a member of the KKK, nor is he related (so far as I can tell) to Robert Byrd, and the 2 US Navy vessels and the lunar crater named after him suggest there is no issue. I do not believe MLK ever went to Antarctica.
Ah, thought you were referring to Senator Byrd.  I guess that would be fine then.  We'll introduce it under the original form and debate it in the legislature as needed.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies