Kerry campaign still running ads in lots of states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:49:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry campaign still running ads in lots of states
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry campaign still running ads in lots of states  (Read 917 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:55:54 AM »
« edited: October 26, 2004, 03:57:54 AM by jfern »

Enough of the rumors of them pulling out of states.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow, I gave this story the first vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/adweek/20041025/ad_bpiaw/inmaddashbushandkerryfloodswingstateswithads
Friar
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 04:02:26 AM »

Both campaigns are spending hard in the final week.

I read somewhere a sentence tht makes lots of sence - The campaign's worst nightmare is waking up on Nov 3rd with cash on hand.

They have the money - they spend it. There is a certain limit on how many ads you can run in a single state. Oversaturating it won't make you any good and can only harm you.
kelpie
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 07:06:58 AM »

Remember when Gore gave the Kerry campaign $6m left over from the 2000 campaign?

The legality or otherwise of this notwithstanding, I remember wondering what on earth he was doing with a spare $6m.

Reckon $6m could just about have sprung for a GOTV effort to the tune of, say, 600-odd Floridians?
dougrhess

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 09:05:05 AM »

Remember when Gore gave the Kerry campaign $6m left over from the 2000 campaign?

The legality or otherwise of this notwithstanding, I remember wondering what on earth he was doing with a spare $6m.

Reckon $6m could just about have sprung for a GOTV effort to the tune of, say, 600-odd Floridians?

That is weird. Where did you see that story? I wonder if it's in the FEC filings that way.
kelpie
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 09:21:07 AM »

That is weird. Where did you see that story? I wonder if it's in the FEC filings that way.

Here ya go:

Gore gives Democrats $6 million
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 09:28:23 AM »

There are sooooo many loopholes in what are jokingly refered to as "campaign spending limits" that both parties have piles of cash.

Prior to McCain Feingold you needed a fairly bright 6 year old to figure out how to gut and violate the spirit of the law while still technically being legal.

Post McCain Feingold you now need a moderately bright 12 year old.

There are, effectively, no rules.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies