Hoover reelected in 1932 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hoover reelected in 1932 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hoover reelected in 1932  (Read 71729 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 20, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »

In 1949 Thurmond is sworn in as President, he immediatly passes legislation that gives the states to much control. Congress begins impeachment process on abuse of power. 7 hearings are held before the house votes 275-132 for impeachment,3 weeks later the Senate votes 60-34 in impeachment. Fielding Wright is sworn in as President.

How does Thurmond "pass legislation" without Congress?  And if Congress is passing the legislation, why are they impeaching Thurmond for signing the legislation that they themselves passed?

Also, my memory is a bit rusty on this, but don't you need a 2/3rds vote in the Senate to remove the prez from office?  I don't think a simple majority does it.

Also, whatever happened to the crisis in Poland-occupied Iraq?  Wink
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »

Poland and Iraq merged to become the Polo-Iraqi federation

Awesome.  Are the people called "Polaqi"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »

How's the Cold War going in this timeline?  Is the Soviet Union even a communist state, or is it a monarchy in some weird union with Argentina or Thailand or something?  Maybe the Cold War will take place between the US and the People's Republic of Japan, or something like that?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »

In 1956 President Truman is nominated with Adlai Stevenson as his running mate. Polo-Iraqi takes over Germany.

Again, what's the Soviet Union doing while all this is happening?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:05:14 AM »

In 1953 John Kennedy and Harry Truman are sworn in, President Kennedy visits the Polo-Iraqi federation when Kennedy is meeting with Prime Minister Bolesław Bierut he is shot 5 in the head causing instant death. Harry Truman is sworn in.

That must be Kurdish-German separatists!

I like how it's phrased like he's shot **while in the middle of a meeting with the Polaqi prime minister**.  Like they're just sitting in a room somewhere, discussing policy, and someone pulls out a gun and shoots Kennedy in the head 5 times.

5 times in the head.  Wow.

I guess that begs the question, if he died instantly, what were the other 4 shots for?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »

Brazatina invades Egypt in 1961 and takes it over. Juscelino Kubitschek gets a gay marriage with Nasser.

I would like to see the following countries enter into a federation:

Colombia and Monaco join together to form "Coco".
Isle of Man and Thailand join together to form "Island".
Western Sahara and Oman join together to form "Woman".
Poland and Sri Lanka join together to form "Polka".
Spain and the West Bank join together to form "Spank".
American Samoa and Indonesia join together to form "Amnesia".

Then you could have some of these federations join together into some sort of larger international organizations to form sentences.  For example, Polka and Woman could form an alliance with Togo to form "Polka Woman To go".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 12:07:02 AM »

President Landon is shot dead by Conservative Democrats wanting America to stay neutral.

In 1942 however President Taft went to Europe to decrease war chances. During the trip he becomes very ill and comes home. He resigns the Presidency, Calvin Coolidge is sworn in as the nations 34th President.

In 1949 Thurmond is sworn in as President, he immediatly passes legislation that gives the states to much control. Congress begins impeachment process on abuse of power. 7 hearings are held before the house votes 275-132 for impeachment,3 weeks later the Senate votes 60-34 in impeachment. Fielding Wright is sworn in as President.

In 1953 John Kennedy and Harry Truman are sworn in, President Kennedy visits the Polo-Iraqi federation when Kennedy is meeting with Prime Minister Bolesław Bierut he is shot 5 in the head causing instant death. Harry Truman is sworn in.

Taft returns home only to have a massive heart attack days later he passes on, Richard Nixon sworn in as President.

On November 22nd 1963 President Reagan is shot and killed in Dallas.

Is anyone ever going to finish a full term as president?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »

Wait, if the world ends in 1965, then why does the thread you have on Polaqi history say it's going to cover events until 2010?  Maybe, even though there are no humans left alive, a kingdom of Polaqi cockroaches manages to take power?

I would like to see an electoral map of the cockroaches.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 08:49:19 PM »

Only five states?  I guess that means some of the former states merged to form bigger ones, just like the merger of Poland and Iraq.  Maybe we have states like:

Ohio + Iowa = Ohiowa
Massachusetts + Mississippi = Massachussissippi
Maryland + Idaho = Mary aho

Or maybe Idaho + Florida + New York + Georgia = Id Fork Georgia
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »

Yes!  Yougo returns!

1971 President Bush resigns because of a personal matter. Nixon takes office. Policy in Soviets collapse as USSR divides into three countries

Is one of them a puppet state of the Polaqis?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 08:33:26 AM »

I thought Nixon died in the 1950s? Is this a clone?

That could only make this the most awesome ever Wink

Nah, clones aren't that great.  I think this timeline needs either a shapeshifter or time travel.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »

The 1:38 mark in my "Downfall" parody video:

http://meemsy.com/v/7082
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies