1976: A New America- Gameply Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:26:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1976: A New America- Gameply Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: 1976: A New America- Gameply Thread  (Read 29092 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »

Reagan makes his campaign stops in Iowa, most in the center of the state around Des Moines. Reagan hosts town halls to discuss his vision of the American future.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2010, 08:36:06 PM by Junkie »

Richardson campaigns in Iowa where he recieves the endorsement of Iowa Robert Ray as the "the person with the experience and vision that we need to lead this country."  Richardson, Governor Ray, and Congressman Jim Leach then campaign throughout Iowa, especially in the center where Richardson enjoys much support, as well as Lee, Howard, Winneshiek, and Allamakee counties.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

Ford takes several stops in Iowa
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2010, 09:41:20 PM by Michael Bloomberg »

"......Mr. Reagan.....I frankly am suprised that you called. Despite my rise in the polls.....the media for the most part has ignored me. I am honored to be recognised by at least one of my opponents. Now.......what can I do for you?"
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »

Senator Ted Kennedy makes a speech with Senator Joe Biden in Des Moines, Iowa.

We need strong leadership to return to the White House.  It is time for the beginning of a New Era in American political history.  We have our defining moment to forever change the course of this nation.  It is up to us, my fellow Americans, to face this challenge and turn the wheel to a new generation.

Each generation has had their defining moments and there defining leaders, and now it is our turn.  For every generation, history calls in a different way.  Now, it is our turn.

For the past four years, we have...[continues on, criticizing Ford presidency.  Later brings back Kennedy memories.]
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »

"......Mr. Reagan.....I frankly am suprised that you called. Despite my rise in the polls.....the media for the most part has ignored me. I am honored to be recognised by at least one of my opponents. Now.......what can I do for you?"

Just called to see how you thought the campaign was going. I'd like to invite you and the other Republican candidates to a forum I'll be hosting before the Iowa caucus.

Reagan then calls Ford and Richardson to ask if they will join him in forum
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »

Just called to see how you thought the campaign was going. I'd like to invite you and the other Republican candidates to a forum I'll be hosting before the Iowa caucus.

".......Ronald......you have made my day. I promise to be in attendance....."
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »

Campaigning in Iowa with Governor Ray and Congressman Leach, Elliot Richardson agrees to participate in a forum with the other Republican candidates.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »

"Governor Reagan I would be honored to attend the forum.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »

George Wallace continues to campaign heavily in rural Iowa, hoping to pull off an upset by appealing to farmers. Wallace is accompanied by Senator Nunn and Governor Waller. The same day, Governor Edwards of Louisiana spent time campaigning in South Carolina and Florida, while Senator Alan MacGregor Cranston held fundraisers in California.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2010, 10:11:54 PM by Junkie »

Elliot Richardson flies to Hawaii to accept the endorsement of former Hawaii Governor William Quinn and Senator Hiram Fong.  The three campaign for two days.  Richardson then leaves to resume campaigning in Iowa.  Quinn and Fong remain in Hawaii to rally delegates for the caucuses.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »

Senator Ted Kennedy campaigns with Senator Birch Bayh in Indiana and Ohio.  They then fly to Iowa and campaign with Former Governor and Senator Harold Hughes of Iowa. 

My fellow Americans, it is time.  It is time in this country for all Americans to have the basic needs of a healthy and happy life.  It is time for healthcare to be a need that is filled for all, not a privilege that is afforded by some.

It is time, my fellow Americans, for change in America.  We will bring strong leadership to the White House in 1976, and we will change this nation forever.  Throughout my decades in public service, I have learned that history is always watching us.  It is time that we give the future something we will be remembered for.  Together, we will change this nation.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

Brown- 35%
Wallace-33%
Kennedy-25%
Carter-7%
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2010, 09:42:06 PM »

Reagan makes last minute pitch on eastern part of Iowa
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »

Gerald Ford goes on CBS for an interview on his Foreign Policy. He had a good review and good comments overall
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2010, 08:56:59 PM »

Iowa Caucuses are coming soon
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »

Governor George Wallace makes a last-pitch effort in Iowa. He dispatches all of his major endorsers to the state. Speaking at a rally in Burlington, Wallace says...

When I entered this race, many thought I would be a regionalist candidate, only sticking to the South. My friends, when this state votes in a few days, let's prove them wrong! Let's show them, that the Wallace campaign is going to win the North! We're going to win the West! We're going to win the East! And we sure as hell will win the South! The time is now for a great leader, and I am that leader! Thank you, and God Bless!

Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »

Elliot Richardson campaigns throughout Iowa with Governor Ray and Congressman Leach.  He accentuates his "proven and sound leadership in times of crises."
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:03 PM »

Ted Kennedy makes a last attempt at Iowa.  He sends Mo Udall to Des Moines, Joe Biden to Cedar Rapids, Paul Tsongas to Iowa City, Birch Bayh to Davenport, and Harold Hughes to Davenport.  These campaigners mostly attack Governor Wallace (accusing him of being a racist), and Governor Brown (claiming he lacks experience).

Senator Kennedy campaigns in various small towns throughout the state, speaking at city halls and at schools.

My fellow Americans, this is our chance.  This is our moment.  This is our time to make a historic change to America; to leave a lasting legacy on this Great Nation.

We will restore this nation.  After years of failed and corrupt leadership, it is time for change in America.  We will open the page to a new chapter, one where all Americans have affordable health insurance, one where all Americans have the guaranteed and unalienable rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, a guarantee which has faltered under the Nixon and Ford administrations.  With your help and guidance, we will make America whole once again.

The cynics say we can not do this.  They tell us to lower our expectations, they tell us not to give the people of this nation false hope.  However, it is my firm belief that there has never been anything false about hope.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

Reagan meets voters in the western part of the state. Reagan promises large tax cuts to spur economic growth alone with huge cuts in the federal budget to battle inflation. Reagan said "the current administration is not handeling this at all and cares more about winning an election than serving the people which is why I am running for President."
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

With only five hours left, the canidates must continue to campaign in Iowa...
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2010, 02:56:55 PM »

Senator Ted Kennedy campaigns in Iowa.

Except:  This is our time!  This is our moment!  We will rise to this challenge!  We will win back the White House, and it all with you, Iowa!  We will win here, and we win New Hampshire, and this movement will flow across the land and in 1977, true leadership will return to the White House!

Senator Birch Bayh campaigns in Iowa:

Excerpt:  ...and you all know Wallace.  Now, he says desegregation forever, but that's a lot easier to say once it's already happened.  Look, we've been an officially equal nation for twelve years.  Only the Lord knows how long before the Great Society is truly achieved.  Electing a "former" racist like George Wallace will only stall our progression towards equality.

Senator Joe Biden campaigns in Iowa:

Excerpt:  How about Governor Brown?  He's a young guy, charismatic.  However, what has he ever done for this nation.  You all know what Jack and Bobby and Ted Kennedy have done for this nation.  My friend Ted offers strong leadership, proven experience, and the will to do right by the American people.  These qualities are not offered by any other candidate.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

Last Day Iowa Polls democratic:

Kennedy-35%
Wallace-34%
Brown-20%
Carter 11%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »

Governor George Wallace makes a final blitz in the state of Iowa. Governor Wallace holds a town hall meeting and a rally in Davenport, Iowa, which is on the Illinois-Iowa border. Here is a portion of his speech...

I offer something other Democrats don't offer, which is an outside voice. I'm not going to listen to what people in Washington tell me. The corrupted Washington system isn't going to like my presence. I plan to clean up Washington, cut out the corruption, and get the government working for the people, not themselves.

Here is a list of crusaders for George Wallace, and where they are spending the day:
Senator Robert Byrd - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Senator Mike Gravel - Siox City, Iowa
Senator James Allen - Dubuque, Iowa
Governor Lester Maddox - Des Moine, Iowa
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »

Remove Senator Byrd.  He already endorsed Ted Kennedy (look back about six pages)

I'm assuming that's not an approved endorsement.  If it isn't, I ask that all unapproved endorsements are removed.

Senator Kennedy and Senator Robert Byrd campaign in West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania.

In the following weeks, he campaigns with Governor Mike Dukakis in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies