1976: A New America- Gameply Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1976: A New America- Gameply Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: 1976: A New America- Gameply Thread  (Read 28950 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2010, 07:53:43 PM by SE Lt. Gov tb75 »

The Players

THE DEMOCRATS

Governor Jimmy Carter (Rochambeau)

Governor Jerry Brown (SpaceCommunistMutant)

Senator Edward Kennedy (justW353)

Governor George Wallace (tmthforu94)

Senator Frank Church (Kalwejt)

THE REPUBLICANS

President Gerald Ford (yougo)

Governor Ronald Reagan (A-Bob)

Secretary Elliot Richardson (Junkie)

Governor Harold Stassen (Lahbas)

Non Running:

Senator Frank Church (Kalwejt)

yougo1000
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »

Gerald Ford on national television:

My fellow citizens,

I became President because Nixon resigned, I pardoned him and now you are criticizing me. We need to move forward and forget the past and look forward to the future that is why I President Gerald Ford will seek a full term as President. I promise to make the nation a better place for everyone. Thank you all and good day.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »

The Situation:

1976- The Bicentennial year. After dealing with the two years of the Gerald Ford Administration, with the resignation of Richard Nixon still in America's minds, the public is in the early deciding stages of the 1976 campaign.

On the democratic Side, the field is mixed with Washington outsides, as well as National newcomers.

on the Republican side, President Gerald Ford is looking to be elected to a full term as President, but can an unexpected challenger stop him?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being third, i was trying to post this second.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:25:02 PM »

Jerry: Hello, Manchester! I am here to announces my candidacy for President of the United States.

*applause*

Jerry: This campaign, is the campaign to take back America from the politics of corruption.
I exposed President Nixon's use of falsely notarized documents to improperly earn a large tax deduction.
I always opposed the Vietnam War.
Corruption is at a all time high.
We must bring integrity to government.

Jerry: So, it is time to lead America to a a new era!

yougo1000
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »

Gerald Ford travels to California to meet supporters.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »

Reagan keynotes dinners in Iowa, New Hampshire (note he has not announced a bid for the presidency yet)
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »

Gerald Ford meets with 5 US Senators
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 03:07:14 PM »

Governor Jimmy Carter of Georgia announces that he will run for President of the United States.

An except from his speech:

"I am running for President because I believe that the govt. needs to be honest and start serving the American people again. I am an outsider, and am thus able to clean up Washington from all its dishonesty and corruption. Also, I believe that the country needs a new leader to revive its economy, which has been suffering from high unemployment and inflation over the last several years. Nixon and Ford have been failures in initiating an economic recovery since they ignored the economic policies of the FDR, Truman, JFK, and LBJ administrations. I promise that I will increase govt. spending and raise interest rates in order to reduce the unemployment and inflation rates, and that many Americans will receive new jobs under my watch. President Ford has a very poor job creation record and if you want unemployment to remain high over the next four years, vote for him. If you want the unemployment rate to decrease, vote for me. Finally, I promise that I will never lie to you, unlike certain other politicians. Thank you."
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 03:27:27 PM »

Senator Edward Kennedy at Faneuil Hall in Boston, announcing his candidacy for President of the United States:

Today, I speak to all citizens of America, but I wanted to speak to you from home here in Boston.  In this hall where John Hancock and Sam Adams first stirred the fire that became the American Revolution, I am reminded of those who accompanied my grandfather as he campaigned for Congress long before I was born.  Along the crowded Northend streets visible from these windows, when i was six years old he would walk with me through this neighborhood he loved.  Here also are the faces of childhood memory, of many friends and loyal supporters, who have been by my side through almost two decades of public life.

It was here that my ancestors came looking for new opportunities in a new world.  They made the perilous journey across the sea, seeking a brighter destiny on a distant continent.  Through turmoil and hardships, they did not surrender, but rather they fought to present a new generation with improved promises of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.  Every generation has struggled to preserve the old dream against new dangers, and now it is our turn.

I value my time in the United States Senate, working for the people of this nation in a collective body of my colleagues.  For two decades, I have voted on thousands of pieces of legislation, in an attempt to improve the lives of all Americans.  However, when present difficulties grow so large that they threaten the essential confidence of this nation, the energies of our people must be directed toward a larger purpose, and that can only be done through the White House.  Only the President can lead the people into a new direction.  Only the President can restore confidence in the face of adversity. 

When the President does not perform his most essential roles, changes must be made.  I tell you today America, changes will be made.  The era we live in is one of uncertainty and challenges.  But America, I have seen throughout my life how we as a people can rise to a challenge, embrace change and renew our destiny.

Today, we have a chance to leave our mark on history.  We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make, and today, we have our chance to rise to the challenges that face us and overcome them. 

That is why I am running for President.  Let us unite and redeem this nation, and together we can make our More Perfect Union a reality.  Thank you.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »

Reporter: Mr. Brown, what do you think of your opponent?

Jerry Brown: Carter? His campaign tactics for Governor in 1970 was not ethical, saying things the segregationists wanted to hear, attacking his opponent for failing to invite George Wallace, to address the Georgia General Assembly.

Reporter: And of Kennedy?

Jerry Brown: We all know what he did.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »

Senator Kennedy is asked about Governor Brown's criticisms of him and Governor Carter:

Kennedy:  Well, it's pretty easy to criticize the lives and careers of others when you have no political experiences of your own.  Give the new Governor a year and he'll have something to try to cover up.  As of now, he's just some guy who's on a post-election high and thinks he's ready to be President.  How long has he been Governor?

Reporter:  Um...I believe four months...?

b]KennedySad/b]  Alright, four months.  In the past four months I've voted on so many bills I can't even keep track.  Governor Brown's been making promises.  We all know he's good at that, but no one knows if he's actually good at anything else. 

Reporter:  Do you think he'd make a good Governor or President?

Kennedy:  That's not for me to decide.  All I know is that times like these call for action, and Governor Brown has no record of taking action, unlike Governor Carter and I.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 04:11:02 PM »

Governor Brown is asked about Senator Kennedy's criticisms of him:

Brown: It's nice to know that Senator Kennedy knows that I'm a outsider and have nothing to cover up.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »

Carter attacks Jerry Brown for his experience and Ted Kennedy for Chapaquiddick, arguing that he is the only honest, scandal-free, experienced Democrat who is able to defeat either Gerald Ford or Ronald Reagan in the fall.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »

Gerald Ford Press Conference

"Right now I am unopposed but right now there is spectulation that California Governor Ronald Reagan will run for President. But he was only California Governor for 8 years I have been a congressmen for over 20 years than V.P and now President."

Reporter: What do you think about Ronald Reagan

Ford: He is a nice and kind man, also a damn good actor.

Reporter: What about the middle...

At that point there is a small burst of gunfire President Ford is hit in the arm and is able to duck in time before serious injury is done. President Ford is rushed to the hospital where surgery is done to remove the bullet. President Ford will be at hospital for a couple days.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »

Jimmy Carter wishes President Ford a speedy recovery and hopes that Ford will recover soon. He calls on the other candidates to condemn the shooting as well and wish Ford a speedy recovery.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 04:19:14 PM »

Jerry Brown condemns the shooting.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2010, 04:22:05 PM by Junkie »

US Ambassador Elliot Richardson recieved the phone call that the President had been shot.  He immediately rushed and called the White House and the State Department to recieve as much information as possible.  He would spend the next few days speaking with the British Prime Minister and the ministers at NATO to reassure them that everything was well in hand.  

Ambassador Richardson would speak to the White House and assist in crafting the message to the European leaders that the White House wanted to present.

He would then sit down and send a letter to Mrs. Ford, expressing his worry for her and her husband and his prayers for a speedy recovery.

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »

Governor Reagan wishes President Ford a speedy recovery and makes remarks about the need to become more strick on crime so "Niether President Ford, me or you have to worry about a robbery or shooting when we cross the street."
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 04:26:01 PM »

Jimmy Carter says that as President, he will pardon all draft dodgers and also be tougher on crime. Carter also says that he will continue Nixon and Ford's foreign policies of detente and realpolitik.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2010, 04:34:10 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

Governor George Wallace has published an article. This article describes his evolving position on segregation. It has been published in several national magazines, and Wallace is hoping it spreads across America.

For years now, I have been for segregation. It hasn't been a black and white issue for me, however. My problem has been the fact that the United States Government dictates everything, and makes decisions that should be made on the state level, not the federal. However, how is this being fair to African Americans? While I still oppose federal government on many instances, how did I look when trying to prevent colored children from entering school just because of race? Like a fool. For years now, I have stuck in my head that keeping the federal government small is okay, despite the fact that it could be causing unjust punishment to millions of Americans. I don't expect people to forget my brash words or deeds. But I ask that they try to remember the actions that I took that were designed to help them. And now, I close this in saying, that in the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say desegregation now, desegregation tomorrow, desegregation forever

yougo1000
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »

President Ford returns to work. He promises change will come if he is reelected.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »

Kennedy addressing the claims by Carter and Brown:

Kennedy:  I wouldn't call him an outsider, I believe the more correct term would be "an inexperienced candidate on a post-election high who thinks he's ready to be President."  As for Governor Carter, it seems he is unable to criticize others on the substance of their policies.  He proved that with McGovern in '72, and he proved that by constantly bickering with his Lieutenant Governor.  Jim's an aggressive guy, a trouble maker.  He claims to be an outsider, but continues to attack others for political gain...Sounds like Washington to me.

Shortly after he answers this question, he learns the President has been shot.  He addresses it at a small gathering in Iowa.

Kennedy:  You all know I disagree with President Ford's policies, but I always fail to understand why someone would claim another's life for such a trivial matter.  I am proud to consider the President a friend and I wish him a speedy recovery. 

You all know that these events hit close to home.  However, as tragic as these events are, I believe America is worth it.  As of now, I'm just glad to hear the President is all right.

Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »

Governor Carter says that he is glad Ford has recovered and is back to work. However, Carter asks Ford specifically what kind of change Ford will deliver if he is reelected.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 04:35:53 PM »

Brown: Inexperienced? So what? Nixon was experienced, experienced does not mean good.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »

I will change the world to make it a better place I promise you that.

I agree with what Jerry Brown said about Nixon, he was a crook, and a good one
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies