1976: A New America- Gameply Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:53:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1976: A New America- Gameply Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1976: A New America- Gameply Thread  (Read 29170 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »
« edited: March 20, 2010, 04:34:10 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

Governor George Wallace has published an article. This article describes his evolving position on segregation. It has been published in several national magazines, and Wallace is hoping it spreads across America.

For years now, I have been for segregation. It hasn't been a black and white issue for me, however. My problem has been the fact that the United States Government dictates everything, and makes decisions that should be made on the state level, not the federal. However, how is this being fair to African Americans? While I still oppose federal government on many instances, how did I look when trying to prevent colored children from entering school just because of race? Like a fool. For years now, I have stuck in my head that keeping the federal government small is okay, despite the fact that it could be causing unjust punishment to millions of Americans. I don't expect people to forget my brash words or deeds. But I ask that they try to remember the actions that I took that were designed to help them. And now, I close this in saying, that in the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say desegregation now, desegregation tomorrow, desegregation forever

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »

On the steps of the Alabama State Capital, George Wallace addresses a crowd of supporters.

My friends, America is at a struggling time, and this is a stressful election. We have a weak President who has no problem pardoning criminals, and Democratic candidates bickering over petty issues. My friends, I have had enough of this. And because of that, and my love for this great country, I am here today to announce that I will be seeking the Democratic nomination for President of the Unites State of America! I'm not doing this for myself, or for political gain. No, my friends, I am doing this for you, the hardworking American hero's who fight every day to make this country a leader in the world. I am doing this for the men fighting overseas, that they have a strong Commander in Chief. I am doing this so we can build our economy into the superpower of the world. I am doing this for the children of today, so that they may be the leaders of tomorrow. I am doing this because America deserves better than the current field! Join me, and together, America can be a great and prosperous nation! It's time that Washington trusts the people, and not Washington lobbyists! Thank you, and God Bless you all!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »

Speaking at a rally in Columbia, Missouri, Governor George Wallace is endorsed by Alabama Senators John Sparkman and James Allen. He is also endorsed by former Georgia Governor Lester Maddox. Speaking about Governor Wallace, Sparkman states...

George Wallace is a man of integrity and has the experience to lead this nation in the right direction! I am confident that under a Wallace administration, Americans will have a better tomorrow. Join me, and let's make America greater than ever before!- John Sparkman

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »

George Wallace campaign with Lester Maddox in Tennessee and Kentucky. Speaking to a crowd in Lexington, Kentucky, George Wallace fires up the crowd with an aggressive and spirited speech.

My friends, Americans cannot afford 4 more years of the weak leadership Gerald Ford is giving us. We also cannot afford the scary politics of Ronald Reagan. Having perfect hair ain't going to get you too far, and it's high time he realizes this. My friends, America needs a strong, forceful leader who will be able to stand up for this nation and it's people all the time. Gerald Ford has failed at this, pardoning a criminal who never even got punished. My friends, great things can happen in America, and I'm ready to help make those great things happen! Join me, and together, we can make America greater than it ever was before!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »

Governor Wallace picks up the phone...
"Hello?"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:43:49 PM »

"Mr. Carter, with all due respect, this election just started, and I'm only 2 points behind you in the polls. It can't even be guarenteed that you'll win the nomination. I'm sorry, Jimmy, but this is a risk I'm not going to take. I wish you the best of luck in this race, and I sincerely hope the best candidate wins."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »

George Wallace campaigns with Senator James Allen in West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, and Oklahoma. Speaking to a crowd in Charleston, West Virginia, Allen makes a plea to Americans...

This is a critical and important election, that could change the course of America forever. I ask you, my fellow Americans, to vote with your conscience. Vote for the candidate who will fight for you! Vote for the candidate with the experience and leadership to move this country foward! Vote for George Wallace!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »

Governor Wallace's aid answers.
"Hello, this is Governor Wallace's office. How may I help you?"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »

Governor Wallace campaigns with his wife and Senator John in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. While on the campaign trail, Mr. Wallace speaks at a black church one Sunday...

My friends, some of you, actually, many of you may be hurt from some of the comments I made years ago. With all my heart, I apologize to you. I know you may never forget the cruel words I may have spoken, but I ask you to forgive. Recently, I gave my life to the Lord, Jesus Christ. Ever since that day, my life has been filled with renewed hope and life. I'm not out here today, asking for your vote, and after some of the comments I've made, I don't expect it. I'm asking for your forgiveness, and I hope y'all, as well as the Black community as a whole, can forgive me. Thank you, and God Bless all of you.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »

Governor Wallace makes stops in Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, and West Virginia. He stresses  his executive experience as Governor, and points to the sucesses Alabama has had. He is accompanied by Senator Sparkman.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

Reporter: Governor Wallace, what is your take on the recent maps for the General election?
Wallace: My take? There aren't really any suprises, yet. My campaign has mainly stayed in the South, so it's not suprising that most of our support is coming from the South. But we will be holding a 50 state tour soon, which should hopefully improve my national polling.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »

Today, Senators Alan MacGregor Cranston of California, Robert Morgan of North Carolina, and Sam Nunn of Georgia all announced their endorsement of George Wallace for President. Along with them was Governors Edwin Edwards of Louisiana, William Waller of Mississippi, and Reubin Askew of Florida. And in a suprise endorsement, former Republican governor Claude K. Kirk Jr. of Florida announced his support for Wallace. At a speech in Florida, Kirk made the following remarks.

For months, now, as I've watched this race develop, no Republican candidate has stood out as someone who could lead this country. That's why I'm turning to Alabama Governor George Wallace. Mr. Wallace has the courage and leadership to stand up for everyday Americans, not Washington elititists. That's why I endorse him for President. Great things will come under a Wallace administration!
- Former Florida Governor Claude K. Kirk Jr.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »

Governor George Wallace makes several stops in Iowa, a leadoff state. He touts his record as Governor and his experience.

My friends, this nation needs an experienced leader who will be able to make the tough decisions a President will have to make every day. I am that experienced leader. As President, we will not pardon anyone simply because they are a friend. Those who commit a crime must...I repeat must pay the price! And they will under a Wallace administration!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »

George Wallace continues to campaign heavily in rural Iowa, hoping to pull off an upset by appealing to farmers. Wallace is accompanied by Senator Nunn and Governor Waller. The same day, Governor Edwards of Louisiana spent time campaigning in South Carolina and Florida, while Senator Alan MacGregor Cranston held fundraisers in California.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »

Governor George Wallace makes a last-pitch effort in Iowa. He dispatches all of his major endorsers to the state. Speaking at a rally in Burlington, Wallace says...

When I entered this race, many thought I would be a regionalist candidate, only sticking to the South. My friends, when this state votes in a few days, let's prove them wrong! Let's show them, that the Wallace campaign is going to win the North! We're going to win the West! We're going to win the East! And we sure as hell will win the South! The time is now for a great leader, and I am that leader! Thank you, and God Bless!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »

Governor George Wallace makes a final blitz in the state of Iowa. Governor Wallace holds a town hall meeting and a rally in Davenport, Iowa, which is on the Illinois-Iowa border. Here is a portion of his speech...

I offer something other Democrats don't offer, which is an outside voice. I'm not going to listen to what people in Washington tell me. The corrupted Washington system isn't going to like my presence. I plan to clean up Washington, cut out the corruption, and get the government working for the people, not themselves.

Here is a list of crusaders for George Wallace, and where they are spending the day:
Senator Robert Byrd - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Senator Mike Gravel - Siox City, Iowa
Senator James Allen - Dubuque, Iowa
Governor Lester Maddox - Des Moine, Iowa
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »

We have breaking news from all over the state....

Hello, it's great to be visiting the great people of Iowa! Tomorrow, you all will cast an important vote, a vote that could change the history of America. Today, I ask you all, to stand with me, and vote George Wallace for the Democratic nomination! It's time to elect someone who will serve us, not themselves! Thank you all, and vote Wallace!
- Harold Hughes, former Governor and Senator of Iowa

This is our state, and it is great that we get to be this first state to hold a caucus or primary in the nomination process. It's with great pleasure, that both myself, and our other Senator, Richard Clark, announce our endorsement for George Wallace! A great man, and he will be a great President! Vote Wallace!
- Senator John Culver of Iowa

And in just a few short hours, Governor Wallace has picked up the endorsement of a recent Governor and Senator, as well as both sitting Senators. When asked what he thought about it, here were Wallace's remarks...

It certainly is pleasing to see more people join our campaign. I honestly believe we can win Iowa, we can win the Democratic nomination, and we can win the Presidency.- Governor George Wallace
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

Governor George Wallace addresses a crowd in Ceder Rapids, Iowa...

Thank you! Thank you Iowa! We have done it! The votes have been cast, and we are victorious. We knew we faced an uphill battle. I want to give a very special thanks to Governor Jerry Brown. He is a man of character and integrity, and I thank him for his endorsement. I also want to give thanks to both of your current Senators, and your former Governor and Senator, Mr. Harold Hughes! I also want to think all of my supporters in Iowa, and across this great nation! Let's move on from here and sweep the nation. We can do it, and we will do it! Thank you, and God Bless all of you!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »

Statement from Governor Wallace
We are not particulary suprised a recount is being held. However, we do believe we will hold our lead, as it's pretty difficult for anyone to make up 2% without something fishy going on. We look foward to competing in the upcoming Mississippi caucus, and are hoping for a victory!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »

While waiting for recount results in Iowa, Governor Wallace campaigns hard in Mississippi, where the recent map has shown him leading.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »

Governor George Wallace spends a day campaigning in Maine, hoping to pick up a few delegates. After that, he travels to Oklahoma, where he campaigns with his wife. He then flies out to Alaska, where Alaska Senator Mike Gravel campaigns for him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »

Governor Wallace thanks everyone who voted for him in Maine. Then, accompanied by Maddox and his Senator Sparkman, Wallace travels to Minnesota.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »

Governor Wallace campaigns heavily in Alaska and Minnesota with Senator Mike Gravel and Senator Robert Byrd.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »

Governor George Wallace in Norman, Oklahoma...

Thank you, great people of Oklahoma for voting for me today! Americans from across the country are rallying faster than every behind me, and this is great, because I honestly believe my moderate and practical solutions for this country will be better than anything my opponents have to offer. Let's move on to Alaska and Minnesota and win there!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:53 PM »

Is that polling or results?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies