1976: A New America- Gameply Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:10:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1976: A New America- Gameply Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1976: A New America- Gameply Thread  (Read 29166 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 20, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »

Reagan keynotes dinners in Iowa, New Hampshire (note he has not announced a bid for the presidency yet)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »

Governor Reagan wishes President Ford a speedy recovery and makes remarks about the need to become more strick on crime so "Niether President Ford, me or you have to worry about a robbery or shooting when we cross the street."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »

Reagan answers the telephone

"Hello Mr. President, I hope to find you in good health."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »

"Yes Mr. Reagan, I was wondering if you would debate me"

"Mr.President, seems to me you're late in the news, if you haven't noticed, I'm not a candidate for President." *chuckles*
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »

*chuckles*"Looks like you think you're weak if your trying to get yourself on top before a primary challenge saying you were the one to call a debate. I'll let you know if I do decide to run."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »

Governor Reagan makes announcement in California, surrounded by thousands of supporters.

"I'm a candidate for the Republican nomination for president. But I hope that you who are Independents and Democrats will let me talk to you also tonight because the problems facing our country are problems that just don't bear any party label."

"In this election season the White House is telling us a solid economic recovery is taking place. It claims a slight drop in unemployment. It says that prices aren't going up as fast, but they are still going up, and that the stock market has shown some gains. But, in fact, things seem just about as they were back in the 1972 election year. Remember, we were also coming out of a recession then. Inflation had been running at round 6 percent. Unemployment about 7 [percent]. Remember, too, the upsurge and the optimism lasted through the election year and into 1973. And then the roof fell in. Once again we had unemployment. Only this time not 7 percent, more than 10. And inflation wasn't 6 percent, it was 12 percent. Now, in this election year 1976, we're told we're coming out of this recession just because inflation and unemployment rates have fallen, to what they were at the worst of the previous recession. If history repeats itself, will we be talking recovery four years from now merely because we've reduced inflation from 25 percent to 12 percent?"

"My fellow Americans, now more then ever we need proven leadership in Washington that can turn around our economy and nation. Now is not the time to be soft on communisim, we must fight hard and win the battle. If we stand together as one nation, unifed, we can and will accomplish anything we put our minds to. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"

Reagan then travels to Iowa and New Hampshire to meet and greet voters. In Iowa Reagan promises to challenge President Ford in a debate.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »

To a crowd in North Carolina Reagan talks about the need for tax cuts to stimulate the economy, create good paying jobs, saving jobs and bring jobs over seas to work in the United States.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »

Reagan hosts town halls in Iowa, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Texas, California and Massachusetts. Reagan says "Now more than ever we are in need of honest, proven leadership. Washington is corrupt and cannot be trusted, we need leadership in there with proven experience to turn Washington around so once again we can trust one another and move future. We may not agree all the time, but we can agree we need open, public debate, not closed door deals and corrupt politicians."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 08:35:20 PM »

Governor Reagan picks up the phone

"Yes?"
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »

"Mr. Ford, you have already asked this and I have already answered this question in my one first speeches. Perhaps you should look at the news more often and get in touch with what's happening out there*chuckles*. I'll have my people work with your people for some times."

Reagan writes to other candidates in Republican race, asks them to join him and President Ford in a debate
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

Reagan swings through midwest states including Iowa, Missouri, Illinios, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Arkansas hosting town hall meetings all across the state.

During a TV interview Reagan said he is "committed to having the people of our great nation get their facts about me, straight from me. Now more than ever we need honest government the people can trust so Washington DC can function again and get out of the way of the people."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »

Reporter: What do you think of the recent match-ups Governor?
Reagan: I think it is a great sign of the strength of our campaign and the will of the people to elect a President with proven, honest, leadership. I'm confident we will win next November.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »

Reagan spends the week campaigning in Iowa. Reagan talks about his plan to create jobs through decrease in business, corporate taxes as well as fighting inflation with less government spending and the creating of more American jobs.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »

Reagan calls Harold Stassen
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »

Reagan makes his campaign stops in Iowa, most in the center of the state around Des Moines. Reagan hosts town halls to discuss his vision of the American future.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »

"......Mr. Reagan.....I frankly am suprised that you called. Despite my rise in the polls.....the media for the most part has ignored me. I am honored to be recognised by at least one of my opponents. Now.......what can I do for you?"

Just called to see how you thought the campaign was going. I'd like to invite you and the other Republican candidates to a forum I'll be hosting before the Iowa caucus.

Reagan then calls Ford and Richardson to ask if they will join him in forum
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 09:42:06 PM »

Reagan makes last minute pitch on eastern part of Iowa
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

Reagan meets voters in the western part of the state. Reagan promises large tax cuts to spur economic growth alone with huge cuts in the federal budget to battle inflation. Reagan said "the current administration is not handeling this at all and cares more about winning an election than serving the people which is why I am running for President."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:53 PM »

Reagan thanked supporters for their efforts,

Tonight we changed history. Tonight we showed that nobody guides are futures and destinies. We are a free people and will choose our own government. Together we can lead the world. United in the battle for freedom in liberty we will succeed. Tonight we have renewed the promise to America, created from our founding fathers. Tonight we have lived the American dream and I thank you for your support and efforts. God bless America

Reagan then travels to Hawaii for a week of town halls before focussing on the state of New Hampshire with events, rallies, town halls and TV and radio ads.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »

Reagan campaigns in Mississippi to talk about his plan for the economy.

When we cut taxes, we spur economic growth and save the liberties promised by the founding fathers when we keep government out of our lives. The American people know better then the government, they always have, you know how to spend your money better then the federal government and that's the way it should be.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »

Reagan spends a week campaigning across Wyoming. Reagan holds town halls and has launched radio ads around the state.

When asked if Reagan thought he would win Wyoming he replied, "I am confident my smaller government, less taxes, more freedom vision that resemblies Wyoming will play well. I hope and will work to earn the votes of the people of Wyoming. I worked hard as Governor of California to lead that state and I will do so here in Wyoming. And after we win Wyoming, I think it will be clear that we are going to do well on the road to the nomination."

Reagan then made a tour of Minnesota and wrapped up the campaign in New Hampshire. Because of Reagan's personal focus on New Hampshire and Wyoming, he has left staff to run the Minnesota caucus and launched multiple radio and television ads there.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 07:58:01 PM »

Reagan thanks supporters for their hard work in Minnesota.

Together we will build a better America. With tax cuts and economic freedom we will create millions of jobs and save others. We will curb inflation with cuts in our government. We will reform Social Security and we will make sure that our senior citizens who have served this country will not be abandoned. We will make a better America.

Reagan then made campaigns stops in Minnesota before traveling New Hampshire. Reagan's major endorsers and campaign staff have set up campaign around Minnesota while Reagan campaigns hard in New Hampshire.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »

Reagan makes last minute pitch in New Hampshire as his staffers, endorsements and campaign volunteers travel all over Minnesota to get out the vote.

We're going to create millions of jobs with two words...tax. cuts. That means we're going to need to reduce spending, but it's what we must do in order to insure a bright American future so our children don't have to have a massive dept on their backs because of us. This is for the children yet to be born.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »

Question, how can Ford win anything when he's not campaigning???
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »

Reagan thanks supporters for their hard work and heads to Washington to campaign.

You bet we going to win this. With all the hard work of supporters, volunteers and donors, we are going to win the White House and turn around this country.

Reagan announces his campaign focus will be on Washington, Massachusetts, Florida and South Carolina (for the first part of the month).
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies