Should zoosexuality be legal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:23:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should zoosexuality be legal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 160

Author Topic: Should zoosexuality be legal?  (Read 36462 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2010, 01:56:53 AM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »

No, you can't have sex with a living thing you can't get consent from.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 03:48:45 AM »

I already did this topic a while ago.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:31:55 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect that you eat animal meat as part of your diet. Clearly that would indicate that you do not think they are subject to the non-aggression axiom. If aggression against animals is not wrong & killing them for food is permissible, then why would sexual activity with animals be wrong?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 05:50:56 AM »

Killing them for food is a necessary evil.  Fucking them for fun isn't.

I'm not putting it up there with arson or pouring your used motor oil into the creek, but it's still wrong and shouldn't be legal.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:20:45 PM »

Well........ no!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »

I'm not putting it up there with arson or pouring your used motor oil into the creek, but it's still wrong and shouldn't be legal.

How is killing them for food a necessary evil? People are more than capable of surviving without eating animal meat. That's what vegetarians do, after all.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:30:38 PM »

Absolutely not.

Furries are bad enough, though their activities should not be banned.  But to take it from fictional animals and fursuits to actual animals?  That's where the law should take over.

Who wants to bet that the "Furry rights" movement will be the big next movement?
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 02:58:15 PM »

Who wants to bet that the "Furry rights" movement will be the big next movement?

What exactly would furries be campaigning for, the right to wed while dressed like bears?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 03:49:50 PM »

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »

It's no morally worse than eating animals.

Oh and *yawn* what is with you people and your obsession with what-orificies-is-it-okay-to-put-penises-into-and-which-not issues.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »

What exactly would furries be campaigning for, the right to wed while dressed like bears?

I put it in sarcasm quotes for a reason.  I meant the "right" to not be laughed at and ridiculed, considering that they're one of the most hilariously self-conscious groups around.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »

I was just joking. Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »

How is killing them for food a necessary evil? People are more than capable of surviving without eating animal meat. That's what vegetarians do, after all.
I'm (like all humans) an omnivore.  Some humans go against nature and get by without eating meat, that doesn't mean we all should.  Until we can make meat in a factory (that will be a great day, better tasting, better for you and no animals need to die), animals will need to die.

So basically, we'll have to agree to disagree.  Like I said, it's not THAT big of a deal.  We are just talking about animals here.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 11:32:14 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2010, 11:42:07 PM by SE Legislator PiT »

I'm (like all humans) an omnivore.  Some humans go against nature and get by without eating meat, that doesn't mean we all should.  Until we can make meat in a factory (that will be a great day, better tasting, better for you and no animals need to die), animals will need to die.

So basically, we'll have to agree to disagree.  Like I said, it's not THAT big of a deal.  We are just talking about animals here.

If they really have rights that needed to be respected, I'd think that consideration would override the consideration that it is part of our nature to eat animal meat. We don't allow kleptomaniacs to steal without consequences just because stealing is part of their nature.

Anyway, I am fine with agreeing to disagree. It's not really a big deal.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »

I'm (like all humans) an omnivore.  Some humans go against nature and get by without eating meat, that doesn't mean we all should.  Until we can make meat in a factory (that will be a great day, better tasting, better for you and no animals need to die), animals will need to die.

Waaaait a minute.  Something is "necessary" even if you can stop with only marginal inconvenience to your personal pleasure?  How is zoosexuality different, beside it being a more intense desire shared by fewer people (and gross)?  Or is this about suffering, i.e., would it be fine if they bashed the animal over the head with a blunt object before they did them?

I'm not quite as enthusiastic about agreeing to disagree on this one. Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 12:01:07 AM »

Or is this about suffering, i.e., would it be fine if they bashed the animal over the head with a blunt object before they did them?
Yes I would be fine with that.  Still gross, but if you want to have sex with a dead farm animal I'm not going to stop you, or even call the cops on you.  Just like I wouldn't call the cops on your for funking your sofa or your Roomba.  Yes, it is about suffering (or at least potential suffering...I have no idea if a donkey suffers when you screw it....probably not...but a chicken probably does).

(and because the desire to screw animals is held by fewer people and that it is "gross" to most people is why it is illegal and why I think it should remain that way.  If I (we/us) grew up in a culture that normally screwed sheep (or whatever) then it probably wouldn't be against the law or thought of as "gross" by most people)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2010, 12:10:45 AM by Alcon »

Or is this about suffering, i.e., would it be fine if they bashed the animal over the head with a blunt object before they did them?
Yes I would be fine with that.  Still gross, but if you want to have sex with a dead farm animal I'm not going to stop you, or even call the cops on you.  Just like I wouldn't call the cops on your for funking your sofa or your Roomba.  Yes, it is about suffering (or at least potential suffering...I have no idea if a donkey suffers when you screw it....probably not...but a chicken probably does).

(and because the desire to screw animals is held by fewer people and that it is "gross" to most people is why it is illegal and why I think it should remain that way.  If I (we/us) grew up in a culture that normally screwed sheep (or whatever) then it probably wouldn't be against the law or thought of as "gross" by most people)

That's consistent, even if I find the difference in killing vs. suffering-inflicting standards a little puzzling.  Do you avoid eating (or at least purchasing) animals that were killed in a way that inflicts suffering?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »

I have a choice?  I assume (hopefully correctly) that all the meat at the grocery store came from animals that didn't suffer in death.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 12:21:13 AM »

I have a choice?  I assume (hopefully correctly) that all the meat at the grocery store came from animals that didn't suffer in death.

Animal cruelty laws almost never apply to farming.  The restrictions that exist only apply during transportation, as far as I know (they have to be let out to move every two days or something), and fowl -- which can even be slaughtered while fully conscious -- are exempted.  There are no restrictions against force-feeding, unanesthetized mutilation, or anything like that.  Animals kept under these conditions have objectively much shorter lifetimes, kind of the polar opposite of, say, an indoor cat or dog.  This is obviously not without reason.

I don't see any reason to assume that the meat in the grocery store is suffering-free, or anything close to it.  Even if you assumed the laws against cruelty are applied (with no oversight) they're not even intended to fully avoid suffering -- not even on paper.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »

Agreed.  Farm animals don't necessarily live very well.  Especially factory farms.  And super especially factory farmed chicken.  It's freaking depressing actually.  On the other hand, chicken aren't exactly high on intelligence and it's quite likely that they don't know any better.  Beef cows don't do much better but (according to wiki and my own anecdotal evidence) they at least get to spend the majority of their short lives hanging out in a field doing nothing before moving inside for fattening and slaughter.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

But yeah, the animals we eat certainly don't lead the greatest lives they could, but then again, what else are we going to do?  Make their lives better, the price of meat goes up, poor people can't afford as much meat anymore.  We should push hard for factory meat, not that your ignorant people won't bitch about that too like they do about genetically modified crops.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 03:21:59 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2010, 03:23:50 AM by Alcon »

Agreed.  Farm animals don't necessarily live very well.  Especially factory farms.  And super especially factory farmed chicken.  It's freaking depressing actually.  On the other hand, chicken aren't exactly high on intelligence and it's quite likely that they don't know any better.  Beef cows don't do much better but (according to wiki and my own anecdotal evidence) they at least get to spend the majority of their short lives hanging out in a field doing nothing before moving inside for fattening and slaughter.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

But yeah, the animals we eat certainly don't lead the greatest lives they could, but then again, what else are we going to do?  Make their lives better, the price of meat goes up, poor people can't afford as much meat anymore.  We should push hard for factory meat, not that your ignorant people won't bitch about that too like they do about genetically modified crops.

What are you going to do?  One option is pay for cruelty-free meat products; another is to stop eating them.  One costs more; the other deprives you of a sensory experience you enjoy.  Evidently, you find this an "evil" in that you find it morally objectionable somehow -- just not worth the money or the lesser pleasure to end that "evil."  There's nothing inconsistent there.

But, how can you oppose bestiality?  They (the, um, "zoophiles") want to do it because it's a sensory experience they enjoy.  Is it wrong?  I dunno, I don't see any indication that it causes any more suffering than the factory farming you're not even willing to pay more to prevent.  Do you?  If not, how can you justify criminalizing one (and calling it "wrong") and engaging in the other without any apparent remorse?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 03:31:53 AM »

But I do have remorse (I thought that was clear).  I manage to bury it pretty well and try not to think of it too much, especially when enjoying a nice juicy chicken leg.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to me.  It should be a misdemeanor (as in Nebraska) not a felony (as in Washington).  I'd rather a dude have sex with a horse instead of beating it with a whip for no reason.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 08:28:08 AM »

But, how can you oppose bestiality?

Time to take quotes out of context again!
kobidobidog
Rookie
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

Most definitely zoosexuality should be legal. Humans will be godly not persecuting humans.
 2 Timothy 3,12, Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. No one persecuting,and no one, and all will be godly.

we are animals.
The humans seeing sex with a non human animal don't have a clue that they are an animal that is born,and dies just like a cow in a field. it is just that humans are seeking vain things the non human animal does not seek,and then dies.

Have a human change places with a animal in a fair being totally naked,and or in a zoo or a horses in a field with only the amenities of those non human animals with out a bathroom,and humans will quickly see they are animals,mammals.

have humans against abuse? don't alter the non human animals,and end hatred for that abuses humans,and war for that abuses  humans mentally and physically,and kills humans ,and robs money from others that could use it. Death penalty for that kills humans is abusive  too,and jails abuse humans putting them in bondage. When we love our neighbor as our self  we do we will be preparing for eternity in heaven which is as certain as the eternity surrounding this planet sitting on nothing.

What is gross is personal opinion,and have them try it ,and they will change their option fast.
 What has sex with what should be no ones business, A donkey can kick,and whoever is in a vulnerable spot too be kicked.

It comes down to this. Humans giving accusation. accusation are not of God who is the Loving Jesus whom is Lord,and Thomas testified that Jesus is the Lord God and was praised by Jesus. An accusation is of the devil,and the devil is defiled, deviant, perverted,and an abomination before God. Therefore how could  there be any good thing in an accusation toward anyone.

The reason meat is not bad to eat is because God knew we would need it, and provided it for us. The meek animals will be saved because Jesus had to die to save lost vain humans,and not non human animals  have the same unashamed attitude about nudity Adam, and eve had in the beginning.

Matthew 15:11 :King James Bible
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

About what oracle a human puts his penis into: Satan is behind the persecution because he through men does not want to see the innocence of men before the fall of man,and that is why public nudity is called indecent giving guilt to humans,and why the zoosexual,and others are persecuted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies