An anti-government activist on disability (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:29:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  An anti-government activist on disability (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An anti-government activist on disability  (Read 1678 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: March 30, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »

Anyone who has ever attended a Tea Party event should not be eligible for social security, medicare, or unemployment benefits. They should also have to pay a reasonable fee to use public roads.

Yeah, 'cause we've heard so many tea party activists advocate for the complete abolition of the welfare state and public roads Roll Eyes
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »

Anyone who has ever attended a Tea Party event should not be eligible for social security, medicare, or unemployment benefits. They should also have to pay a reasonable fee to use public roads.

Yeah, 'cause we've heard so many tea party activists advocate for the complete abolition of the welfare state and public roads Roll Eyes

Why do you even defend them, Vepres? The Tea Partiers are scum, white trash, populistic, slave-moraled scum who, if their God did exist, would deem to sweep them away with fire. They are not our kind.

You know, you can disagree with people without totally dismissing them as irrelevant and unintelligent.

You can point out flaws of the positions of those you disagree with without being arrogant (though few on this forum seem to understand that concept).
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:13:56 PM »

Opebo and Einzige, I must point out that you are both committing the sweeping generalization fallacy far more than is possible reasonable.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »

Opebo and Einzige, I must point out that you are both committing the sweeping generalization fallacy far more than is possible reasonable.

All social interactions rely on sweeping generalizations. Every time I choose what I want to eat for the day, I begin by deciding what places I don't like to eat at, despite the fact I've not had everything on the menu. Your "tolerance" is liberal, though you yourself claim not to be. I will judge the cretins as they present themselves to be judged, and I find them wanting.

Yes, but you're basing this on anecdotes and the behavior of a few loonies. While the tea party largely has no central leadership, public figures of the movement have never condoned these acts, and thus I give them the benefit of the doubt. Sure, some of the tea partiers are morons, but there are libertarians who are ignorant morons as well, same with liberals.

They're hypocrites, simply put. They demand the evil government get out of their lives on healthcare and taxes, yet open with welcome arms lobbying for Government bans on Homosexual Marriage, Abortion, and not to mention are estatic about sending troops to foreign battlefields. They are selfish, stupid, ignorant, and quite frankly below nearly everybody. They don't favor an end to the Welfare State (as you can see by my image posted above), they DO favor regulations against gays, abortion, drugs, and starting wars.

And you base this on?

Yes, you have anecdotal evidence to support you, but think of it this way, would the media cover a rally of reasonable people. For the most part, no. Thus, they only cover the tea party rallies with morons attending or where stupid comments were made.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »

All social interactions rely on sweeping generalizations. Every time I choose what I want to eat for the day, I begin by deciding what places I don't like to eat at, despite the fact I've not had everything on the menu. Your "tolerance" is liberal, though you yourself claim not to be. I will judge the cretins as they present themselves to be judged, and I find them wanting.

Yes, but you're basing this on anecdotes and the behavior of a few loonies. While the tea party largely has no central leadership, public figures of the movement have never condoned these acts, and thus I give them the benefit of the doubt. Sure, some of the tea partiers are morons, but there are libertarians who are ignorant morons as well, same with liberals.

A challenge, then: demonstrate to me one protester who is consistent in his views and arrives at them by way of either empirical reason or philosophical deduction, as opposed to heavy-handed emotionalism, and I may suspend judgment. But I have no reason whatsoever as present to regard them at any more than they actually are - unenlightened, uneducated, and inferior rubes who have all the annoying qualities I find so grating in masses of people.

You take this to the extreme. Really, this is akin to saying that all libertarians are white-supremist anarcho-capitalists who buy into conspiracy theories.

I take issue with the degree you take these fallacies, not that you're using them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies