asians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  asians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: asians?  (Read 13629 times)
HoopsCubs
Rookie

« on: March 13, 2004, 01:46:28 AM »

The Asian voters, although I don't think they can become politically united, are a good group to court for the democrats because they are arriving in every urban and suburban area. They strike me as pro-affirmitive action (although they do lose from it) and are likely to be pro gun control and more secular.

Correct!  Speaking as an Asian-American,  I have observed that Asians due to tend to flock towards metro areas like SF, Seattle, Chicago, Northeast cities - fairly Democratic areas.   Asians do like the Fiscal conservativism offered by the traditional Republican party (mainly because of lower taxes), but, in general, they do not like the gun control, abortion and faith-based views of the traditional Republican party.  And most view Republicans as non-friendly and non-tolerant towards Ethnic groups.  For Asians, Bill Clinton has been the greatest President because he balanced the budget and had great regard and respect for the contributions of Asians to America's economy, technology and culture.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies