Will Netanyahu's coalition collapse within the next year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:02:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will Netanyahu's coalition collapse within the next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Will Netanyahu's coalition collapse within the next year?  (Read 2428 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »

There are few parties I hate more than Avoda.

But they're liberal, and you're liberal.

That's an amusing way of putting it.

The only party worth its salt is Hadash.

Meretz-Yachad?

I suppose they're fine, too.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 01:20:06 PM »

I hope so.

All bias aside, it probably will.

What do you think specifically will cause it's collapse and which party and bloc (left-wing vs. right-wing) do you think will win the enxt general elections?

There is no left bloc in Israel which can win power.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fixed your post, Hashemite.  Though I suppose "There is no significant left bloc" might be a better way of putting it.  They aren't even big enough to be a credible opposition.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »

Don't be surprised if people start calling Kadima 'left' soon - the terms 'left' and 'right' have been subject to more change in Israel than most other places over the years.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »

Don't be surprised if people start calling Kadima 'left' soon - the terms 'left' and 'right' have been subject to more change in Israel than most other places over the years.

You know, I hate to say it, but politically, they're starting to resemble that "apartheid South Africa" line that's been thrown at them over the years.  I really don't want to be seen as part of the anti-Israel movement, due to the iffy people that cause attracts (just look at Libertas), but Israel's done a very effective job of completely alienating me.

Like apartheid SA (pre-1990), they seem to be getting more extreme and reactionary as international pressure escalates, rather than the opposite direction.  They're well on their way to pariah state status.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

You know, I hate to say it, but politically, they're starting to resemble that "apartheid South Africa" line that's been thrown at them over the years.  I really don't want to be seen as part of the anti-Israel movement, due to the iffy people that cause attracts (just look at Libertas), but Israel's done a very effective job of completely alienating me.

Like apartheid SA (pre-1990), they seem to be getting more extreme and reactionary as international pressure escalates, rather than the opposite direction.  They're well on their way to pariah state status.

If it makes you feel better, the paradoxical tendency to become more 'extreme' in the face of increasing criticism has hardly been limited to South Africa during the bad old days; a less troublesome example would be Ulster Protestants in the 1970s. It's also a better example to use on bare factual grounds because of the environment of total fragmentation - which was never true of white South Africa.
danny
Israel

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »

What people and parties are called usually depends on the their opinions. I.E, the National Union refers to Netanyahu as left, while Hadash calls Labor right.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 12:13:01 AM »

What people and parties are called usually depends on the their opinions. I.E, the National Union refers to Netanyahu as left, while Hadash calls Labor right.

Al is talking about the overall political spectrum, though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies