It's amazing Bush won.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:24:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  It's amazing Bush won.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: It's amazing Bush won.  (Read 19214 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »

That's just not true.

Immediately after the attack, people on the news were already debating whether Bush was "being rational" about all of this..."does it really make sense to invade another country?"..."not even the mighty Soviet Empire could beat the Afghans!"

Gore would not have invaded.

Are you so sure? You're speculating. I'm speculating too, to be objective about it, but I think the political pressure would have made him have to invade(or the Republican Congress would have declared war anyways and Gore would have had to).

I agree with what you've said. And people shouldn't forget the influence of would-be vice president Lieberman

lol. The GOP Congress wouldn't have been so foolish to declare or propose war on Iraq if the U.S. President would be against such an idea. Gore could just point out the GOP for being hypocrites by opposing the bombings in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s to prevent genocide but supporting a war against Iraq, which wasn't an immediate threat to the U.S. Also, Gore wouldn't have manipulated the intelligence regarding Iraq the way Bush did. Finally, if the GOP Congress ever proposed this, Gore could have just said that they are ignoring ordianry Americans during tough economic times and want to cause foreign adventures when we should be focusing on our domestic problems and concerns.

They didn't manipulate intelligence though. You all sound like broken records:

He cheated in Florida.
Tax cuts for the rich.
No war for oil.
He knew about 9/11.
He was on vacation during Hurricane Katrina.
He lied about the WMD.

Wha Wha Wha let me get my violin.

-He did cheat in Florida
-He did give tax cuts to the rich
-He probably did go to Iraq for oil
-He new an attack like 9/11 was imminent
-He was on vacation at John McCain's ranch during Katrina
-And he did lie about WMD

Derek, all of this stuff is true.

If you watch the BBC, Al-Jazeera, and CNN then it's understandable how you'd believe such lies.

Actually, I hate CNN, never have heard of Al-Jazeera, and only read the BBC's internet news.

Ok then ABC, NBC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post, anything out of the US. Al-Jazeera is a Muslim and state owned media in Israel who only gives Al-Qaida's view on the War on Terror.

Al-Jazeera is based in Qatar, not Israel. I seriously doubt any Israel media would defend al-Qaeda. And which news stations are unbiased, I mean besides (lol) Fox News?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies