If Bush lost Florida in the recount?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:03:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  If Bush lost Florida in the recount?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: If Bush lost Florida in the recount?  (Read 18636 times)
21st Century Independent
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »

If George W. Bush would have lost Florida in the recount, he could have contested Oregon which he lost by 0.44%, Wisconsin 0.22%, Iowa 0.31%, and New Mexico 0.06%.

I believe that we might have been recounting for quite some time if Florida hadn't gone W's way.

Would this scenario have been possible?

Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »

Theoretically, it would have been possible, but if the SC would have allowed the Florida recount to proceede, by the time it would have been finished, it would have been very close to the Presidential inauguration. By that time the electors for all the other states would have been certified and thus if Bush would then contest several other states, his challenges would likely be quickly disqualified (due to lack of time and evidence). Even though I do think that if Gore won Florida through a recount, the GOP would be extrmeley energized to defeat him in 2004 since many of them would feel that the election was stolen and that Gore recounted enough votes to give him the win.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »

Wasn't Bush's team considering a recount in Iowa for a few days? This was early in the Florida chaos though.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »

Wasn't Bush's team considering a recount in Iowa for a few days? This was early in the Florida chaos though.

I think it was considering recounts in several close states that went for Gore. However, then Bush's team became more confident of keeping their Florida lead, and decided not to pursue any legal challenges elsewhere. However, if Bush lost his Florida lead in December after the SC ruling (if the SC would ahve allowed the recount to continue), then it would have been too late for Bush to sue for recounts in other close states, I believe.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »

Those were close states. If the recount would've gone to Gore after 122 times of counting the votes, then the twin towers might as well have fallen over right then and there.
cpeeks
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »

They fell under Bush's watch. not Clintons!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 02:35:15 AM »

They fell because of Clinton's failed policies regarding our intelligence. It was to the point where the CIA and FBI wouldn't even talk to each other. Bush didn't have the years it would've taken to build it back up. If not for 9/11 we may still not be back on track.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 02:40:31 AM »

Bush would have officially won New Mexico if they hadn't found a tabulation error of 500 Gore votes in the recount there.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:21:25 PM »

Bush would have officially won New Mexico if they hadn't found a tabulation error of 500 Gore votes in the recount there.
Really? What's the source of that?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »

Really? What's the source of that?

Here, Bush was leading by 4 votes when they discovered the mistake . Statewide recounts are fine unless they result in Al Gore becoming President, so no one cared about the New Mexico recount.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/11/13/votes.elsewhere/index.html
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:54 AM »

Statewide recounts are fine unless they result in Al Gore becoming President, so no one cared about the New Mexico recount.

Even Gore wasn't asking for a statewide recount.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »

Statewide recounts are fine unless they result in Al Gore becoming President, so no one cared about the New Mexico recount.

Even Gore wasn't asking for a statewide recount.

He was asking for one later, but not initially.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »

I think that the democrats were trying to steal the white house in 2000, the fact of the matter is that Bush always led in the raw vote count in Florida. I think that it would have been right for Bush to have recounts in these other listed states no matter how close it was to inauguration day. The need was to stop the democrats from stealing the white house.

Gore wasn't trying to steal the White House. He just wanted to make sure all votes were counted properly so that Bush wouldn't steal the White House and wreck our country.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »

I think that the democrats were trying to steal the white house in 2000, the fact of the matter is that Bush always led in the raw vote count in Florida. I think that it would have been right for Bush to have recounts in these other listed states no matter how close it was to inauguration day. The need was to stop the democrats from stealing the white house.

Gore wasn't trying to steal the White House. He just wanted to make sure all votes were counted properly so that Bush wouldn't steal the White House and wreck our country.
Bush did not steal the white house period. He always led in the raw vote count in the state of Florida. Listen to me here and now, on the republican side in 2000, there was not voter fraud.

He led in the raw vote count, but the recount was never finished. Thus, we don't know who really won Florida. And what about all those minorities who were purged from the voter rolls?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 01:26:22 AM »

Bush did not steal the white house period. He always led in the raw vote count in the state of Florida. Listen to me here and now, on the republican side in 2000, there was not voter fraud.

He led in the raw vote count, but the recount was never finished. Thus, we don't know who really won Florida. And what about all those minorities who were purged from the voter rolls?

Gore won Florida.

http://www.nytimes.com/images/2001/11/12/politics/recount/
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »

Gore won Florida.

http://www.nytimes.com/images/2001/11/12/politics/recount/

There you go with the most leftwing newspaper in America. I don't know a single serious person who takes the NY Times seriously.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 03:02:30 AM »

The thug vote? Oh yea that's who we want to decide our elections. They couldn't vote due to their criminal background.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 07:59:24 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2010, 08:24:32 AM by President Thomas E. Dewey »

The Democrats controlled the election apparatus in most of the counties where the Gore campaign was seeking recounts, notably Dade.  The Republicans cannot be blamed for the inept manner in which the Democrats organized the election in these counties.  

Early on, the Gore campaign rejected having a statewide recount, believing there were not enough votes for them in most counties, deciding instead to go trolling for votes in heavily Democratic counties.

Besides, the liberal media made a biased, incorrect and premature call, calling Florida for Gore even before the entire state was finished voting.  The Florida panhandle, in a different time zone, was voting heavily for Bush, and the polls were still open there when the premature call was made.  Upon hearing in the media that Gore had won Florida, thousands of Bush voters simply decided not to vote at all, thus costing Bush thousands of votes he would otherwise have received in Florida.

This biased, premature call as well cost Bush who knows how many hundreds of thousands of votes in other parts of the country by people intending to vote for Bush not voting because they knew Bush needed Florida to win the election.

This biased premature call by the liberal media had far reaching implications in the 2000 election.

Bush won Florida.  
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »

Bush won Florida under the election laws of the state of Florida.

Gore would have won a fair election, though.

Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »

The thug vote? Oh yea that's who we want to decide our elections. They couldn't vote due to their criminal background.

Most of the minorities that were removed from the voter rolls (alledgedly by accident, or at least that's what Jeb Bush says) were not felons.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »

This biased, premature call as well cost Bush who knows how many hundreds of thousands of votes in other parts of the country by people intending to vote for Bush not voting because they knew Bush needed Florida to win the election.

If those people are so easily deterred by something on the TV, they weren't very dead set on voting in the first place.
cpeeks
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »

Oh don't get me started...why do the democrats take the minority vote for granted? I like what Bush said in 2004..."to blacks, hispanics, and other minorities, if you are tired of having your vote taken for granted, come stand with me."

And what about the acorn business in 2008? The military vote was not 100% counted. The reason was because "it takes too long." Some deceased people who were still on the voter rolls? Yeah, their votes were just counted for Obama. Democrats don't win elections, they steal elections.

Governor Bush, and thats how I will refer to him because thats the only office he legally won, stole both elections.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

Most of the minorities that were removed from the voter rolls (alledgedly by accident, or at least that's what Jeb Bush says) were not felons.

Jeb Bush wasn't the one who said they couldn't vote. It's 2010.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

The Democrats controlled the election apparatus in most of the counties where the Gore campaign was seeking recounts, notably Dade.  The Republicans cannot be blamed for the inept manner in which the Democrats organized the election in these counties.  

Early on, the Gore campaign rejected having a statewide recount, believing there were not enough votes for them in most counties, deciding instead to go trolling for votes in heavily Democratic counties.

Besides, the liberal media made a biased, incorrect and premature call, calling Florida for Gore even before the entire state was finished voting.  The Florida panhandle, in a different time zone, was voting heavily for Bush, and the polls were still open there when the premature call was made.  Upon hearing in the media that Gore had won Florida, thousands of Bush voters simply decided not to vote at all, thus costing Bush thousands of votes he would otherwise have received in Florida.

This biased premature call by the liberal media had far reaching implications in the 2000 election.

Bush won Florida.  

So the Democrats who controlled the recount process couldn't even rig an election right. Gore couldn't win a rigged election in his favor.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 08:30:15 PM »

Oh don't get me started...why do the democrats take the minority vote for granted? I like what Bush said in 2004..."to blacks, hispanics, and other minorities, if you are tired of having your vote taken for granted, come stand with me."

And what about the acorn business in 2008? The military vote was not 100% counted. The reason was because "it takes too long." Some deceased people who were still on the voter rolls? Yeah, their votes were just counted for Obama. Democrats don't win elections, they steal elections.

They are nothing more than over educated elitists from Ivy League schools who think they own everything including the minority vote. Gore acted like a spoiled rich kid born with a silver spoon in his hand who was ENTITLED to the minority vote. If you ASSUME Gore would've won the minority vote based on what minorities do and how they APPEAR to vote, then you are nothing more than a worthless racist.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies