How many votes did Palin cost McCain? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:21:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How many votes did Palin cost McCain? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many votes did Palin cost McCain?  (Read 31178 times)
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« on: April 10, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »

Palin was essentially a "Hail Mary" VP pick, which was what McCain needed at the time. He needed to attract the most amount of media attention possible, appease the conservative base, and to an extent it worked.

The problem is, Palin herself was poor on the stump and acted "on her own" at times, contradicting the top of her ticket. Palin energized conservatives, but cost McCain "experience" voters, and probably other independents.

Now, the question is, who would have been a good VP pick for McCain?

Basically my opinion.

Palin served her purpose. 

Still, I'd rather he have picked Ridge or Lieberman.  I hate hearing her shrill and "folksy" voice on the news every day.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »

In an election with Obama's popularity involved there are alot of people who could've helped McCain. Other than Palin the only candidates I could see helping McCain more are Huckabee and Romney. The latter of which is overqualified anyways.

Mitt Romney, who served one term as Governor is overqualified?

I guess six months in office is the new quota for being Vice President...
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:25:02 PM »

VP is not a top 25 issue. However, Palin had more governing experience than Biden, Obama, and McCain put together. Somebody disagree!

Joe Biden served on the City Council of New Castle County, Delaware, from 1971 to 1973, home to some 500,000 people.

Sarah Palin had served a year and a half as Governor of Alaska during her time in office.  She governed over just 100,000 more people than Biden did.

justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »

VP is not a top 25 issue. However, Palin had more governing experience than Biden, Obama, and McCain put together. Somebody disagree!

Joe Biden served on the City Council of New Castle County, Delaware, from 1971 to 1973, home to some 500,000 people.

Sarah Palin had served a year and a half as Governor of Alaska during her time in office.  She governed over just 100,000 more people than Biden did.

Not to mention that Biden served 36 years in the Senate (from 1973 to 2009), represeanting a state with nearly a million people near the end of his Senate term.

I thought he meant executive power.  However, Biden had more executive experience as a County Councilor than Palin did as Governor, which is damned pathetic.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:23:51 PM »

Not to mention that Biden served 36 years in the Senate (from 1973 to 2009), represeanting a state with nearly a million people near the end of his Senate term.

He did not govern!

He did as County Councilor, and he served more time than Sarah Palin.

Also, if you are part of the government, you govern.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »

governing as part of the senate, ok that's not at all what I am referring to so we have apples and oranges here. Palin had been governor of a state and none of the other 3 had.

Joe Biden governed nearly as many people while a County Councilor as Palin did as Governor.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »

Derek, just really, DIAF...for the sake of the human race (don't want your tainted genes in the pool), just....nevermind, its not worth getting mod reviewed, but seriously, you're a damned fool.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies