An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 29028 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2010, 04:06:33 PM by electoraljew2 »

Polling on May 31st, 2015

Democrats
Feingold 26%
Clinton 22%
Brown 19%
Not Sure 33%

Republicans
Lowden 29%
Cantor 22%
Brown 22%
Not Sure 27%

New Hampshire

Democrats
Brown 39%
Feingold 36%
Clinton 17%
Not Sure 14%

Republicans
Lowden 33%
Brown 31%
Cantor 19%
Not Sure 17%

Michigan

Democrats
Brown 32%
Feingold 31%
Clinton 20%
Not Sure 17%

Republicans
Lowden 31%
Brown 27%
Cantor 16%
Not Sure 26%

Iowa

Democrats
Feingold 29%
Brown 22%
Clinton 18%
Not Sure 31%

Republican
Lowden 27%
Cantor 23%
Brown 19%
Not Sure 31%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »

Encouraged by polling numbers, Senator Sue Lowden heads South, where she hopes to break into Cantor's lead. Over the next week, she hopes to make a stop in every southern state for a series of meet and greets, town hall meetings, and political rallies.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

Cantor makes a tour in the western states including Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and California highlighting his tax-plan.

Lower taxes is what creates business and drives our economy. In a Cantor President I can guarantee our economy will grow, unemployment will drop and businesses from around the world won't be able to wait to get into our states

Cantor also focussed on using American energy.

We've got a lot of coal, oil and natural gas out here that we can use to power our nation. We also have create technology for renewable energy like nuclear, wind and solar which are create in the plains and mountain states. Let's make America 100% energy independent. That is my goal in a Cantor White House.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »

Scott Brown's plane arrives in Afghanistan, where he, McCain, and Powell meet with troops at Bagram Air Field.  They then board a Chinook helicopter bound for a combat zone in the Khyber Pass.

Meanwhile, Charlie Crist campaigned vigorously for Brown in Florida.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown made campaign stops in Des Moines, Iowa as well as Sioux City, Iowa.  Senator Dick Durbin made a campaign appearance at a stop in Iowa City and Senator Barbara Boxer made a campaign appearance with Senator Brown in Nashua, New Hampshire. 
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2010, 11:33:14 PM »

Eric Cantor hosts town halls and rallies in Iowa and knocks on doors around the state with supporters.

The Cantor hosts a callraiser and raises $170k in 24 hours as well as calling 65,000 homes in Iowa.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »

Polling on June 30th, 2015

Democrats
Feingold 25%
Brown 22%
Clinton 18%
Not Sure 35%

Republicans
Lowden 30%
Cantor 25%
Brown 24%
Not Sure 21%

New Hampshire

Democrats
Brown 42%
Feingold 34%
Clinton 12%
Not Sure 12%

Republicans
Lowden 32%
Brown 31%
Cantor 20%
Not Sure 17%

Ohio

Democrats
Brown 46%
Feingold 22%
Clinton 10%
Not Sure 22%

Republicans
Lowden 32%
Brown 26%
Cantor 25%
Not Sure 17%

Michigan

Democrats
Brown 35%
Feingold 30%
Clinton 16%
Not Sure 19%

Republicans
Brown 33%
Lowden 32%
Cantor 19%
Not Sure 16%

Iowa

Democrats
Feingold 29%
Brown 28%
Clinton 15%
Not Sure 28%

Republicans
Cantor 29%
Lowden 28%
Brown 20%
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »

Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins launch a northeast tour for Governor Brown, visiting Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2010, 11:23:09 PM »

Cantor campaigns heavily in Florida focussing on protecting Social Security.

We can save social security by cutting waste. We have to live in reality, we have to raise the retirement age for those not in the workforce yet. FDR did not intend of Americans to be in retirement longer then work and today it's turning into that. Let's turn Social Security back into what it was intended to do. Using private accounts we can also give the American people control over their own futures, as the founding fathers intended.

Senators, Reps and Governor's that endorsed Cantor continue to campaign in Iowa, Ohio, Texa and North Dakota.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2010, 01:13:38 AM »

As Senator Sherrod Brown wrapped up his bus tour of Iowa, he spoke at a rally of thousands in front of the Woodbury County Courthouse in Sioux City, Iowa.  A few excerpts from the speech stood out:

"We've seen fear tactics take control of the debate in this nation for nearly a decade.  You were told that small sacrifices of your Constitutionally guaranteed liberties were needed to make sure we remained safe from a grave threat.  You were told that many of your basic rights to privacy needed to be swept away in order to guarantee the security of this nation.  But let me tell you, when we compromise the values and ideals that this nation was founded upon; we compromise the security of knowing we're still a free nation! 

My fellow Americans; if elected President I promise to push a repeal of the terrible Patriot Act that was shoved down our throats by fear mongering ideologues.  If a renewal of this Act is passed, I promise you it will be firmly and swiftly vetoed in a Brown Administration."

Senator Brown also maintained his support for the repeal of NAFTA and CAFTA.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2010, 01:19:07 AM »

Senator Brown made multiple stops across Iowa including Ames, Webster City, and Iowa City.  Meeting and greeting his supporters he outlined many of his policies including a plan to eliminate the payroll cap in order to "ensure the survival of Social Security."

Senator Dick Durbin appeared along side Senator Brown in Ames, Iowa to express his support for his candidacy.  "Senator Brown understands the problems facing America and he's the only candidate in this race who has the experience and tenacity to tackle these issues head on." 

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2010, 07:59:11 AM »

Sue Lowden makes stops in Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma, hoping to drum up some support in the Midwest.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2010, 09:22:43 AM »

Cantor makes a swing in the rust belt, hosting town halls in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Illinios and Wiscosin.

Cantor then continues to campaign hard in Iowa, launching radio and television ads.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »

Polling on July 31st, 2015

Democrats
Brown 28%
Feingold 25%
Clinton 18%
Not Sure 29%

Republicans
Lowden 31%
Cantor 28%
Brown 25%
Not Sure 16%

Kansas

Democrats
Clinton 30%
Brown 23%
Feingold 19%
Not Sure 28%

Republicans
Cantor 34%
Lowden 29%
Brown 18%
Not Sure 19%
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »

Cantor makes a southern swing to hold on to his lead.

Cantor makes stops with Senator's, Governors and legislators from Tennessee, Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, Texas and Iowa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »

Lowden makes a "North to South Tour", starting in North Dakota, and going through South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

The polls show that winning this election is possible! I need you all to work your hardest from now until primary/caucus day, so we can carry this state and all the others!
- Sue Lowden
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »

At a press conference today, Georgia Governor Nathan Deal makes his endorsement...

After some careful consideration, I will be throwing my support behind Sue Lowden. I think she represents the next generation of true conservative leadership that will fight for lower taxes, personal freedom, and the sactity of life.
- Georgia Governor Nathan Deal
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »

CNN BREAKING NEWS:  HELICOPTER CARRYING GOV SCOTT BROWN, SEN JOHN MCCAIN, FMR SEC OF STATE COLIN POWELL CRASHES IN EAST AFGHANISTAN - NO FURTHER INFO
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »

In Afghanistan Speaker Cantor says his prays are with Americans on the helicopter over Afghanistan.

We do not know not know much, all we can do is pray, hope and wait for a mericle.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »

Current News Update
-Tensions continue to grow with North Korea.
-Iran has invaded Iraq
-Unemployment is back on the rise, now at 7.4%
-Social Security Bill is being debated in congress.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »

In his final day in Afghanistan Speaker Cantor condems Iran.

Iran has stepped far out of line, invading a growing democracy that has been working to choose itself own leaders and its own laws. We must support and protect our allies and I call upon President Obama to take necessary action to defend democracy and liberty in Iraq.

I will fly to Iraq tomorrow to offer my support of the people in Iraq and the President when I return to Congress. This cannot stand.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

Hillary Clinton's Network Announcement Spot:

Clinton: Hello Everyone. I figure most of you wonder where i  have been over the period of time since i made my announcement of entering the race.  Well the answer was simple, i was living like an average person.

I was in an experiment to see how the general public's lives were going on a daily basis. Believe me, i was surprised over how horrible the government has been running. I appolgise to every single American who has been disappointed by the Government, and i apologize to my supporters for going into hiding. But, the act had to be done by a candidate. A candidate who understands every day Americans, and their struggles. I am that Candidate, and i want to bring a new excitement of hope and real American values to this race. I'm Hillary Clinton and i approved this speech with the help of the networks, and the American public. Thank you.
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »

The Boston Globe has just endorsed Russ Feingold for President. Even though the Boston Globe is based in Mass., it has a strong circulation in New Hampshire.

justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »

CNN BREAKING NEWS ALERT:

We are now getting word that Governor Scott Brown, Senator John McCain, and Former Secretary of State Colin Powell were involved in a helicopter crash in Northeastern Afghanistan.  We first received word of the incident no more than an hour ago and the statuses of the passengers are unknown at the moment.  We do not know whether this was an accident or an attack.
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »

After an energetic rally in Ottumwa with Sen. Claire McCaskill, Russ Feingold flew to Washington D.C. to appear on Meet the Press. When first asked about Iran's recent invasion of Iraq, Feingold said:

Iran's actions constitute nothing less than an act of imperialist aggression against the sovereign democratic state of Iraq. We cannot let Iran's actions go unpunished. In response to Iran's acts of aggression, I am calling for a U.S led NATO-backed naval blockade of the Straits of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman. In addition, I'm calling for a UN sponsored global arms embargo against Iran, an increase in U.S. and NATO forces in Turkey, Kuwait, and the Persian Gulf, and a massive increase in support and aid to the Iraqi military. Working with Russia and China will be also critical in pressuring Iran to accept a ceasefire. I've recently called President Obama and NATO Secretary General Rasmussen to convey these proposals to them. I've also introduced legislation in the Senate to put these measures into action.

Feingold announced that he is canceling all public appearances for the next two weeks in order to get his legislation through Congress and to assist the President in dealing with the Iranian crisis. A recently scheduled rally in Iowa City will still take place, but with Rep. Dave Loebsack and Sen. Alexi Giannoulias filling in for Feingold.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies