An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 28990 times)
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »

After an energetic rally in Ottumwa with Sen. Claire McCaskill, Russ Feingold flew to Washington D.C. to appear on Meet the Press. When first asked about Iran's recent invasion of Iraq, Feingold said:

Iran's actions constitute nothing less than an act of imperialist aggression against the sovereign democratic state of Iraq. We cannot let Iran's actions go unpunished. In response to Iran's acts of aggression, I am calling for a U.S led NATO-backed naval blockade of the Straits of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman. In addition, I'm calling for a UN sponsored global arms embargo against Iran, an increase in U.S. and NATO forces in Turkey, Kuwait, and the Persian Gulf, and a massive increase in support and aid to the Iraqi military. Working with Russia and China will be also critical in pressuring Iran to accept a ceasefire. I've recently called President Obama and NATO Secretary General Rasmussen to convey these proposals to them. I've also introduced legislation in the Senate to put these measures into action.

Feingold announced that he is canceling all public appearances for the next two weeks in order to get his legislation through Congress and to assist the President in dealing with the Iranian crisis. A recently scheduled rally in Iowa City will still take place, but with Rep. Dave Loebsack and Sen. Alexi Giannoulias filling in for Feingold.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »

When asked about Iran invading Iraq in a townhall meeting in Iowa, here was Sue Lowden's response...

Iran is way out of it's boundaries. We must do everything we can to help Iraq, and I call on President Obama to make sure Iraqi's are safe and away from harm. I offer my support and prayer's to Iraq and her President.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2010, 05:26:51 PM »

Polling on August 31st, 2015

Democrats
Feingold 29%
Brown 28%
Clinton 22%
Not Sure 21%

Republicans
Lowden 31%
Cantor 29%
Brown 25%
Not Sure 15%

NO STATE POLLS RQUESTED, REMEMBER TO REQUEST THIS MONTH
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »

Cantor campaigns heavily in Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, focusing on new jobs and a strong educational foundation for the US.

Without a strong education system, Americ cannot expect to compete in the world in 10 or 20 years. In a Cantor administratoin, education reform will be a top priority.

Cantor holds numerous fundraisers in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa to pay for commericals in early primary states, especially Iowa, South Carolina and Florida.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »

At a campaign rally in Los Angelos, California; Senator Sherrod Brown quieted the audience and announced he had received the endorsement of the United Auto Workers.  Union President Ron Gettelfinger crossed the stage to the podium to make the endorsement official:

"We polled our one million plus union members and the results were nearly unanimous.  Senator Sherrod Brown is the best choice for President!  As a Senator he has worked tirelessly to ensure the protections and freedoms that auto workers everywhere rightly deserve.  Senator Brown, you have been a true champion of our cause and the cause of all progressives nationwide; we thank you and you've got our support every step of the way to the White House!"

Senator Brown wrapped up his speech by describing his plan to close tax loopholes for corporations that ship jobs over seas.  "In a just America, we don't reward companies for putting hardworking Americans out of a job."

Hours later the Senator boarded a flight headed for Sioux Falls, Iowa. 
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »

At a rally in Sioux Falls, Iowa; Senator Sherrod Brown outlined his plan to finally bring an end to America's addiction to foreign oil. 

"I'll stake my presidency on passing legislation that will fund initiatives that will provide funding for solar and wind projects across the country.  It's time to stop depending on oil from dangerous and oppressive dictatorships and instead create our power right here in America.  Not only will this produce jobs, it'll produce a safer world for generations to come. 

Other caveats of the plan include research investments into ocean based hydro power as well as cheap and effective alternative fuel engines for automobiles and planes. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden campaigns with Governor Jindal in Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, and Louisiana. At a rally in Little Rock, Arkansas, Lowden makes the following comments...

Under a Lowden administration, sweeping educational policy would take place. First off, I do support the removal of the Department of Education. I think it is a wasteful position, and that states should be in charge of their education. America's education ratings have plummeted ever since the department began, and I see no positive benefits from it. We would encourage smaller class sizes and allowing parents more options, and not confine them to a failing school. 

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »

Eric Cantor visits the southwest hitting Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and California.

We need real immigration reform. We need to make it much easier to become a citizen for those that love American and want to help America. There were times that it only took a few hours to become a citizen once landing on Ellis Island, now it can take years. Why is it those that came legally have to wait in line and those that break the law don't and are given benefits? Seems like we need to reverse that to me.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2010, 04:32:47 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown stopped at rallies in Newberry and Hartsville, South Carolina where he appeared with Representative John Spratt.  Spratt introduced the Presidential candidate and gave Brown his official endorsement.

"There's no doubt in my mind that Senator Sherrod Brown will make good on his promises and bring about a White House that works for the people.  He says this campaign is 'about you' and he means it. What a breath of fresh air, a politician that actually says what he means!"

Senator Brown shook hands in the crowds and answered questions from residents.  A local news crew then conducted an interview with the Senator regarding some issues in his domestic agenda.  Including health care and job creation.  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2010, 09:52:25 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2010, 01:09:34 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's plane rolled into Henderson, Nevada.  After a short drive he appeared at a campaign rally outside of the University of Southern Nevada.  Congresswoman Dina Titus appeared on stage to officially endorse Senator Brown for President:

"I've seen a lot of presidential candidates over the years come to Nevada selling their story and brand of politics.  However, never have I seen an individual as passionate and deserving of the Presidency as Senator Sherrod Brown.  He's a man who says what's on his mind and talks the talk while walking the walk.  'It's all about you' America, and there's only one man who realizes that.  Senator Sherrod Brown!  The next President of the United States!"

The Senator delivered an impassioned speech on health care, where he declared his number one goal on this issue was to pass legislation providing Americans with an effective public option.  "There's still work left to be done in reforming Healthcare, and providing America with a public option is definitely on my agenda!"

After a meet and greet with the crowd, Senator Brown traveled to Las Vegas where he attended a fundraiser with Senator Barbara Boxer of California.  
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »

Polling September 30th, 2015

Democrats
Brown 31%
Feingold 28%
Clinton 21%
Not Sure 20%

Republicans
Lowden 32%
Cantor 32%
Brown 23%
Not Sure 13%

Iowa

Democrats
Brown 37%
Feingold 32%
Clinton 18%
Not Sure 13%

Republicans
Cantor 35%
Lowden 31%
Brown 19%
Not Sure 15%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2010, 03:19:28 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden campaigns in Iowa. Along the way, at a rally in Waterloo, Iowa Governor Terry Branstad endorses Lowden, claiming she has the integrity and leadership skills to lead this country to better days.

yougo1000
United States

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2010, 04:19:46 PM »

My fellow citizens,

I am announcing I will relaunch my Presidential Campaign.

Brady makes an appearance in Iowa

"...We can change the world..."
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2010, 07:57:54 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown appeared with Congressman Bruce Braley at a rally in Dubuque, Iowa.  Congressman Braley spoke of "Senator Brown's endless commitment to ensuring America remains a beacon of hope and democracy in this ever changing world."

Senator Sherrod Brown then took the stage and delivered a speech on foreign policy issues.  Topics included Iran, North Korea, and the threat of global terrorism:

"The stability of this planet is under constant threat from regimes and organizations who wish to undermine the peace and security we've worked so hard to achieve.  Let me assure you, as President I will never hesitate to protect America from any threat.

Brown went on to outline diplomatic efforts to calm the tensions between Israel and Iran.  As well as use global pressure to force North Korea to comply with UN regulations.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

A new campaign ad for Senator Sherrod Brown's campaign began airing today in New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa.  The ad outlined Brown's commitment to providing affordable healthcare to all Americans as well as continuing reforms of the system by implementing a public option.

"As a US Senator, Sherrod Brown has worked tirelessly to ensure that all Americans receive the health coverage they rightly deserve.  'As President I vow to push legislation that will create an affordable and efficient public option for all Americans to choose.  This campaign is about you America, and I'll ensure that my administration works for your interests, not those of the insurance lobbyists in Washington.'"

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown spoke at a rally in Jacksonville, Florida; declaring the days of corporate welfare are over.

"These corporations demand that the government stay out of their business, yet when problems arise they cry that they need the 'big bad' government to help them fix their mess.  Guess who foots the bill?  You do!  Well enough is enough!  We've privatized profits and socialized losses.  As President I'd put an end to bailouts and put that money back into the pockets of the average American!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »

Senator Alexi Giannoulias criticizes Senator Sherrod Brown for releasing a press release with an out-of-date-photo from September 4th 2006, with Giannoulias in the background, at a Bruce Braley event. The article makes it seem like Giannoulias is supporting Sherrod Brown and not Russ Feingold.

Senator Alexi Giannoulias says "The way Sherrod Brown has run his campaign is mediocre at best. If this is the way he's going to run a general election campaign or worse, the country, then I would be urge his supporters to reconsider..."
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »

Sen. Russ Feingold drops out and endorses Sherrod Brown

(I have a load of AP exams coming up, so I'll have to go offline to study. Plus, it just seemed as if there was so little difference between myself and Brown)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »

Cantor campaigns in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Most of Cantor's endorsements campaign in Florida, South Carolina, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas and Michigan.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden makes stops in Iowa, Illinois, and New Hampshire with Governor Meg Whitman. She focuses on her legislative work as Senator.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2010, 08:09:13 PM by Eleden »

Senator Alexi Giannoulias criticizes Senator Sherrod Brown for releasing a press release with an out-of-date-photo from September 4th 2006, with Giannoulias in the background, at a Bruce Braley event. The article makes it seem like Giannoulias is supporting Sherrod Brown and not Russ Feingold.

Senator Alexi Giannoulias says "The way Sherrod Brown has run his campaign is mediocre at best. If this is the way he's going to run a general election campaign or worse, the country, then I would be urge his supporters to reconsider..."

Senator Brown issued a statement apologizing for the minor error made by a campaign staffer.  The picture has been changed on his campaign website to the one that was originally intended.  
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2010, 08:08:11 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown issued a press release praising the "hard work and determination" that Senator Feingold has devoted to the race and humbly accepts his endorsement.

"Senator Feingold, I thank you for your endorsement and look forward to working with you in our joint quest to bring progressive values to the White House.

We both share the same goals and ideals that will make achieving the American dream a reality for all citizens of this great nation.  Although the battle is far from over, your efforts in this race have brought attention to key issues that must be addressed by the next President.  I can assure you, in a Sherrod Brown administration, these problems will be noticed and they will be solved!"
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:31 PM »

CNN Breaking News:  CONFIRMED:  Governor Scott Brown has died

CNN has confirmed that Governor Scott Brown of Massachusetts was killed in a helicopter crash in Eastern Afghanistan early this morning.  He was 56 years old.  Senator John McCain of Arizona survived the crash with minor injuries, and Former Secretary of State Colin Powell is at a military hospital in Afghanistan with non-life threatening injuries. 

It has been reported that Governor Brown died on impact after the crash.  His wife, Gail Huff, is expected to make a statement in several days.

Scott Phillip Brown  (1959 - 2015)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »

Eric Cantor says his prays are with Senator Brown's family.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2010, 06:23:17 AM »

Bill Brady sends his condolences to the the Brown family
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies