An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 29018 times)
Eleden
oaksmarts

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: June 01, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2010, 09:00:22 PM by Eleden »

After wrapping up his Midwest tour in Columbus, Ohio; Senator Brown flew to Trenton, New Jersey to appear at a campaign rally.  The topic of the speech was "The Right Ideas."

"This country has quite a few problems that need fixin'.  Social Security needs an overhaul, and I'll do that by investing more money into the system, cutting waste, enhancing the Social Security lockbox, and rooting our fraud.  

The unemployment problem can be solved by investing in tax breaks for small companies, bringing an end to monopolistic corporations, and investing in putting Americans back to work rather than billions for bank bailouts.  

I respect the viewpoints of my opponent, but after 5 years of saying no to every possible reform that passed through the Senate; can we really afford for her to say no to fixing America as the President?

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #276 on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »

Sue Lowden makes campaign stops in Boulder, Colorado and Salina, Kansas. When asked about Brown's recent attacks, Lowden made this response...

Well, it just shows how out of touch Senator Brown with the everyday American when he doesn't know the actual meaning of such a statement. This "scandal" has been beaten to the ground, and proves very little. I will continue to stand by my statemnet. In older days, people would bring chickens to the doctors, and that would be used as their way of paying the doctors. It is a simple fact that can be proven from a little lesson in history. Sherrod Brown should know better than this. After all, he's been in politics over half his life. Friends, America doesn't need another politician in charge of this country. We need a true leader who will stand up for the everday American. I am a concerned mother and legislator who wants to make a difference for my family and others, and I think I can do that as President.
- Sue Lowden
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #277 on: June 01, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »

At a campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire with Former Governor John Lynch; Senator Sherrod Brown reinforced his statements opposing Senator Lowden's "Chickens for Checkups" plan:

"Senator Lowden is absolutely correct, decades and decades ago American families would barter with their doctors for treatment.  But let me remind Senator Lowden that this is the 21st century and we've got a new brand of health care problems to fix.  It may have worked in the 'olden days', but with a complex health care system that is overburdened by crippling medical costs, I don't think forcing a busy single mother with two jobs to take the time to paint a doctor's home in exchange for treatment is a viable idea.  Especially when you consider that a new paint job and a few chickens don't equal the thousands of dollars it costs for many vital medical treatments in this country.

She continues to support this plan even when over 80 percent of her fellow Nevadans think it's a bad idea."  

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »

Sue Lowden responds to Senator Brown at a rally in New Mexico, before traveling to Texas where she plans to speak on government spending and outsourcing...

Senator Brown, it was a statement which some took the wrong interpretation of. I'm sorry they took the wrong interpretation, but I'm not sorry that I said that. It's funny that Senator Brown has started throwing statistics  and polling numbers at me, considering he voted for a health care bill that a majority of Ohioans and Americans did not support. This was one of America's most crucial votes, and he completely let his constituents down. We need a leader who will give power to the people, not government.
- Sue Lowden

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #279 on: June 02, 2010, 12:01:16 AM »

Senator Sherrod Brown appeared at rallies in the following states:

Denver, Colorado
Las Vegas, Nevada
Santa Fe, New Mexico

"Senator Lowden has quickly forgotten that numbers don't lie.  When over 80% of the American citizens you're supposed to be representing disagree with "Chickens for Checkups", I think it's safe to say it's a bad idea. 

As a Senator I've certainly made tough choices but if 80% of my constituents disagreed with me, I wouldn't think of supporting such a proposal.  I was elected to serve the people and that's exactly what I've done in my two decades of public service.  And that's exactly what I'll continue to do as President of this great nation.  It's about you America, and it's high time that Washington finally realizes that."

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #280 on: June 02, 2010, 12:05:49 AM »

Senator Brown toured Texas and appeared at multiple rallies in the following cities:

Dallas, Texas
Houston, Texas
Austin, Texas
El Paso, Texas

"The most troubling aspect of America's energy policy is our fatal addiction to foreign oil.  As President I'll push for investments in wind, solar, and hydro power and research to make these sources of energy cheaper.  We can't continue the path of importing from the Middle East and engaging in dangerous offshore drilling practices that threaten our coasts and fishing industry.  At this critical moment in our history we must come together to find alternatives to the foreign oil that has a stranglehold around our economy and our wallets."

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2010, 12:15:51 AM »

Senator Sherrod Brown spoke before a rally of thousands in Seattle Washington today.

"In a just America, we do not reward companies for shipping jobs overseas.  Providing tax breaks to the companies that deprive Americans of their basic desire to work and support their families is simply wrong.  If a corporation wants to cut costs by cutting hardworking Americans from their labor force, they won't be rewarded under my administration.  I call on my opponent, Senator Sue Lowden, to join me in my pledge to end these unfair outsourcing tax cuts and keep jobs here in America.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown appeared at a rally in Portland, Oregon with Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkeley:

"Our education system is failing our young ones and it's of the utmost importance that we work to fix this problem.  The first step is to repeal the unfunded mandate of No Child Left Behind which has placed an unfair burden on schools to improve test scores rather than focus on increased interest in learning and preparation for the future.  Our teachers are stretched thin and unfair restrictions have prevented them from doing what they love the most: teach. 

In a fair America, we don't lay off our teachers and cut funding for public schools at a time when they need support.  As President I promise to increase funding for our schools and ensure our children receive the excellent education they deserve."

ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2010, 06:22:08 AM »

WEEK 3 July

Lowden 45%
Brown 44%

Connecticut
Brown 50%
Lowden 39%

New Jersey
Brown 43%
Lowden 43%

Indiana
Lowden 49%
Brown 41%

Nevada
Lowden 51%
Brown 41%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »

Sue Lowden makes planned stops in Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri with her primary focus being on education reform.

Many in Washington feel that the only way to improve education is throw money at it. While I think we should increase funding, there are better and cheaper alternatives we must make, such as cutting wasteful programs in our education systems. No child should be deprived a good education in this country.
- Sue Lowden
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »

WEEK 4 July

Lowden 46%
Brown 44%

NO STATE POLLS REQUESTED
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #286 on: June 05, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »

Senator Sue Lowden releases her schedule for the next week. She will be campaigning with Senator John Thune and Governor Mitt Romney. Along with the scheduled events listed below, Lowden will also be stopping for unplanned meet and greets at various restaurants, parks, etc.

Monday - Austin, Texas; Arlen, Texas
Tuesday - Baton Rouge, Louisiana; New Orleans, Louisiana (fundraiser)
Wednesday - Orlando, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida
Thursday - Rome, Georgia; Athens, Georgia, Alpharetta, Georgia
Friday - Raleigh, North Carolina; Richmond, Virginia; Roanoke, Virginia
Saturday - Huntington, West Virginia; Parma, Ohio
Sunday - Youngstown, Ohio; Fort Wayne, Indiana

America is a great nation, and will always be a great nation. However, it is up to the hard work and entrepreneurship of the American people to keep this nation at the top of the world. In order to insure this, it is vital that we promote economic freedom and diversity instead of continuing to increase taxes, pass earmarks, and raise our national deficit.
- Sue Lowden

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2010, 08:48:08 AM »

The Lowden campaign releases a new television and radio ad featuring Nancy Reagan, wife of former President Ronald Regan. The ad is being put out mainly in California, but also in Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. The campaign hopes to bring the ad nationwide within a couple weeks, if successful.

Nancy Reagan: Once we had a president who made people feel hopeful about America and brought us together to do great things. Today, Sue Lowden gives us that same chance. She makes us believe in ourselves again -- that when we act as one nation, we can overcome any challenge.

People always tell me how my husband inspired them. I feel that same excitement now. Sue Lowden can lift America and make us one nation again.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »

Advisor 1: Sue, we need to find one issue out there that we think we can beat Brown on and run with it.
Lowden: Okay, how about the economy?
Advisor 2: We can't do that. Most Americans have already decided one way or another.
Advisor 3: Correct. We need to find an issue considered to be minor that we have a stronger position on, and make it big.
Lowden: Education. I think I already have an edge over Brown on it, as I've been talking about it for months. I can use my status as a former schoolteacher to give me the edge.
Advisor 2: Brilliant idea. Let's add that as the main part in your speech in Orlando. Then we can run with it again up in Virginia and Ohio.

Sue Lowden holds a rally in Orlando, where his focus for the speech is education...

As a former teacher, I have firsthand experience as to how a proper education can impact a child’s future. As President, I will fight to ensure that a higher percentage of our tax dollars make their way directly to the classrooms where the actual teaching and learning are taking place. In my state of Nevada, for example, less than 65 cents of every education tax dollar is spent in the classroom. Too much of taxpayers’ money is being directed on off-campus, bureaucratic and administrative programs.

My federal plan for education is quite simple – leave more local tax dollars for local school districts to make local decisions that affect local students. The more Washington and union interests have increased their influence over public education, the further back our students have fallen behind. We must reverse this course and not fail yet another generation of future American workers. I have more faith in Americans getting this right than I do with education bureaucrats in Washington.

- Sue Lowden

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »

Sue Lowden makes a stop in Richmond, Virginia where she held a townhall style rally. After giving a short speech, she opened up the floor to questions. An undecided college student raised her hand, and asked the following question...

Undecided Voter: Ms. Lowden, Israel has been a hot-topic lately. Where do you stand, and how, if President, would you like our nation's relationship with Israel to be?
Lowden: Our relationship with Israel is critical to the safety and security of not just our two nations, but to the entire world. As a stable democracy and strong global partner, Israel faces some of the most daunting challenges in promoting freedom, tolerance and peace. Through continued military support, joint cooperation on matters of safety and security, economic trade, and mutual respect for our strong values and cultures, our partnership with Israel will continue to grow stronger. As President, I will work to promote our shared objectives by enhancing economic security between our nations. It is vital that we have a strong relationship with our Israeli friends.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »

Bacon King, could you move this to the Interactive Timelines board?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies