An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 28926 times)
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »

Scott Brown recently said that "Eric Cantor is in this to win." You bet I am. I'm in this to change the course of our country. I'm in this to reform our schools. I'm in this to make us energy independent. I'm in this to secure our borders. I'm in this to protect our nation and our Constitution. I am in this for you!"

The Cantor campaign says they will travel to Afghanstan with John Boehner, Lindsey Graham and Lamar Alexander next week to attend military strategy session and see progress in the country.

Rudy Giuliani in Iowa:

Scott Brown is a Governor.  Eric Cantor is a representative.  You know what Cantor represents?  He represents the corrupt Washington system.  He represents Wall Street, and whoever else will pad his wallet.  He represents the system that got us into the trouble we are in now.

Scott Brown will not tour Afghanistan with Cantor, but rather will tour the nation with John McCain, visiting combat zones and military bases.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2010, 02:57:42 PM »

Scott Brown recently said that "Eric Cantor is in this to win." You bet I am. I'm in this to change the course of our country. I'm in this to reform our schools. I'm in this to make us energy independent. I'm in this to secure our borders. I'm in this to protect our nation and our Constitution. I am in this for you!"

The Cantor campaign says they will travel to Afghanstan with John Boehner, Lindsey Graham and Lamar Alexander next week to attend military strategy session and see progress in the country.

Rudy Giuliani in Iowa:

Scott Brown is a Governor.  Eric Cantor is a representative.  You know what Cantor represents?  He represents the corrupt Washington system.  He represents Wall Street, and whoever else will pad his wallet.  He represents the system that got us into the trouble we are in now.

Scott Brown will not tour Afghanistan with Cantor, but rather will tour the nation with John McCain, visiting combat zones and military bases.
is McCain still alive? not in game character
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2010, 02:58:26 PM »

Rudy Giuliani in Iowa:

is McCain still alive? not in game character

McCain's alive.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:08 PM »

Statement from Sue Lowden
I hope my opponents can ease the tension that has been brewing. At the end of the day, we are all Republicans, and we must be united heading into the general election.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

General Colin Powell endorses Scott Brown for President, and announces he will accompany McCain and Brown to Afghanistan.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2010, 03:26:39 PM »

Average Polling Post-Jindal
Lowden 28%
Cantor 23%
Brown 20%
Not Sure 29%
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2010, 04:20:27 PM »

Eric Cantor lays out a campaign across Iowa to host town halls and fundraisers.

We're going to win back the White House, and we're going to protect farming rights. We're going to protect families. We're going to protect the Constitution and your liberties. We're going to protect our nation and in an Eric Cantor White House, you can count that will happen.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

Senator Lowden speaks to a crowd in Waterloo, Iowa...

We can win this state! Polls currently show us leading here, and I believe we can if we all pitch in to work hard, and let Iowans know what a Lowden administration would do for them. A Lowden administration would give you tax breaks, a lower national defict, and better schools for your children. We can make America great again, and I believe my conservative principles will.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2010, 02:54:09 PM »

Sue Lowden finishes up her Western tour and once again, for the third time now, visits New Jersey, which was her birth state and where she grew up. She plans on spending 3 additional days touring the state.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »

Senator Sherrod Brown stops for a rally outside the Iowa State Capitol building in Des Moines, Iowa.

The emblem on the podium proudly displays the Brown campaign's new slogan.  "It's about you"

"Over the past few months a chorus of doubt from the political pundits has attempted to drown out our collective progressive voices.  They've said we don't have the willpower or energy to bring our ideals to the White House.  They've said we aren't 'in it to win it' and that our ambitious goals reach too high.  But let me tell America, it's not about them and their lack of faith in the people... it's about you!  It's high time we have a government that realizes that.

My campaign is about you.  It's about your hopes, your dreams, your ambition, and your desire to see a government that finally works for you.  It's what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they wrote that famous document that guides this nation.  The Constitution says it's about you... why don't the politicians realize that?"

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2010, 03:10:41 AM »

At a campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, Former Governor John Lynch gave a fiery speech in support of Senator Sherrod Brown:

"Why do I support this man?  Because he's got heart and he's got guts.  In my many years of public service, I've come to realize those are the two important qualities needed to get things done.  He's going to bring us more healthcare reforms, a public option, and universal coverage for all Americans.  Our trade system will be reformed to make sure deficits disappear and importation doesn't threaten American producers.  Fair trade will replace the job killing free trade practices of this decade and he'll push for an end to the unfair currency policies of the Chinese regime.  

America, the future is bright under a Brown Presidency.  It's about you!"
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »

Senator Sherrod Brown releases this week's campaign schedule

Monday: Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Tuesday: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
Wednesday: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
Thursday: Fundraiser and Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
Friday: Fundraiser and Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada
Saturday: Rally in Charleston, South Carolina
Sunday: Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 12:14:42 AM by Hubert Humphrey »

At a rally in Miami, Florida, Representatives Debbie Wasserman-Shultz and Alan Grayson officially endorsed Russ Feingold for President. One comment by Rep. Grayson stood out in particular: " No matter what party you support, you want a President with guts. And let me tell you, guts is Russ Feingold's middle name!"

During this rally, Feingold gave details on his plans for peace in the Middle East and Social Security. Concerning the Middle East, Feingold said that he will press for a two-state solution based on the pre-Six-Day War borders, and that he would preserve the strong bond between the U.S. and Israel. Also, as both an incentive for Israel to accept a peace deal and as a way of checking Iranian aggression, Feingold said that he would press for more cooperation between Israel and NATO with the ultimate goal of making Israel an official NATO Partner in Peace.

Concerning Social Security, Feingold announced his support for a Social Security lock box and eliminating the employer Social Security payroll tax cap for large corporations.

Here's Feingold's schedule for the next few days:

Tuesday: Rally and Fundraiser in Tallahassee, FL.
Wednesday: Rally and Fundraiser with Rep. Raul Grijalva and UNITE HERE in Las Vegas, NV.
Thursday: Rally in Carson City, NV, with Sen. Jeff Merkley
Friday: Rally in Council Bluffs, IA (beginning of Feingold's Iowa campaign tour, more details to be announced later)

justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2010, 12:06:48 AM »

Scott Brown, Colin Powell, and John McCain meet in Springfield, Massachusetts.  They arrive at Westover Airforce Base and after attending a meet-and-greet with military families, board a C-5 Galaxy with active duty troops bound for Afghanistan.

Brown, Powell, and McCain board a C-5 Galaxy bound for Afghanistan along with troops being deployed there.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 01:19:44 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown began a month long bus tour of the state of Iowa today.  The tour begins in Davenport and ends in Sioux City with numerous stops along the way.  

Davenport Iowa With the bus waiting on the street outside the Figge Art Museum, Senator Sherrod Brown confidently walks through the crowd meeting and greeting supporters on his way to the podium.

The crowd is estimated to be well over 7500 people and waits patiently for the Presidential candidate to take the stage.  Anticipation will have to keep building though as a surprise guest takes the stage in support of Senator Brown.

The crowd cheers as Pat Murphy, Speaker of the Iowa House of Representatives, takes the stage to announce his endorsement of Senator Brown.  

"I've heard a lot in this campaign about 'working for the American people' and 'bringing more reforms to Washington.  We've all seen the ads, we've all heard the speeches... but today I'm standing before you all to say that there's only one person in this race who will actually deliver on his promises.  There's only one candidate who has what it takes to bring those reforms to Washington and change the status quo.  That candidate is Senator Sherrod Brown!  

Speaker Murphy introduces Senator Brown and walks off the stage.  Senator Brown thanks him for his support and then delivers an impassioned speech where he details his health care plan.  Brown states that "health care is an essential right" and that he favors removing the phrase "over 65" from the Medicare statute, effectively allowing all Americans to buy into the program.  

After a few more meet and greets in the crowd, Senator Brown boards his bus and heads to his next destination: Iowa City, Iowa.  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 02:59:45 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's bus arrived in Iowa City to a large crowd of supporters from across the state.  Former Governor Chet Culver, who endorsed Brown earlier in the year, delivers a passionate speech highlighting the Senator's long career in public service and his commitment to the American people.  "No candidate in this race has the drive and passion that Sherrod Brown brings to the table.  He'll use that energy to break the gridlock in Washington and bring the real reforms us Iowans need."  

Senator Brown walked to the podium as the fired up crowd chanted "It's about us!" over and over again.  In his speech he described his plans to save Social Security from the brink of disaster by creating a strong and secure Social Security lockbox and raising 401(k) limits & making pension plans more portable.  "In order to secure the financial well being of our seniors we need to make sure the money they've paid into the system provides the benefits they need.  A lockbox will do just that."  

Brown also laid out his energy policy.  He proposed higher tax credits to citizens who purchase American made hybrid/electric cars.  Brown outlined his plan to strengthen cap and trade while also increasing penalties to companies that increase pollution.  "If elected President, I pledge to you that I will work tirelessly to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.  I'm setting a goal right here and now that 25% of our energy will be produced by renewable practices by 2025.  

After the speech Senator Brown boarded his campaign bus and headed to the next stop in his rally tour of Iowa: Cedar Rapids
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 04:13:32 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's campaign bus arrived outside the Veterans Memorial Building in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  A massive crowd of supporters cheered the Ohio Senator on as he took the time to walk through and meet his supporters.  

Before the Presidential candidate could take the stage, a surprise guest was announced on the speakers.  The crowd burst into applause as Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois walked to the podium to make an announcement.

"We've heard a lot from all of the esteemed candidates in this primary race.  They talk of progressive values and representing the people of this great state.  I've known many progressives in my life, but there's only one candidate who is truly a champion of Midwestern ideals!  That candidate is Senator Sherrod Brown!"

Senator Durbin went on to describe Brown's advocacy of labor rights, his support of the GLBT community, and his fight for an America that works "for the average working American."

Senator Brown took the stage and greeted Durbin after receiving his full endorsement.  Brown then outlined his position on protecting farmers from unfair patents on seeds and the growing threat of bankruptcy due to monopolistic policies by corporate "mega" farms.  

"There's no place in our capitalist economy for a single corporation to control all aspects of a single good or product.  For too long have we let our friends and neighbors who have farmed for generation, fall into bankruptcy as corporations continue their unfair business practices.  America I've told you time and time again; in this campaign "it's all about you!"  And that includes the small farmers who need our assistance.  As President I'll do everything in my power to make sure they're passionately and effectively represented in Washington."

Senator Brown's campaign bus then left for the next stop in his campaign tour of the state: Waterloo, Iowa.  
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden campaigns with Sarah Palin in Oregon and Washington, speaking about the history that could be made...

Ladies, we have another opportunity to shatter this glass ceiling once in for all! 3 lovely ladies have put millions of cracks in it. But friends, I believe I can break that ceiling! Get out on primary day, and vote for a strong woman who will lead this country well!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 07:16:00 PM by A-bob »

Cantor campaigns in Iowa

If there's one President you can trust, it's going to be this one. President Obama promised to put negotiations on C-SPAN, I'm actually going to do that. As Speaker of the House I've kept my word, and I'm going to do so when I'm elected President.
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 11:59:59 PM by Hubert Humphrey »

Feingold kicked off his swing through Iowa with a major rally in Council Bluffs. Introducing Feingold was Iowa State Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal. During his speech, Gronstal said:

"There are very few people in public service today who can claim to be as bold, as independent, and as progressive as Russ Feingold. No matter which party was in power, Russ Feingold has always had the guts to stand up to injustice and corruption and fight for the people's interests. This is the kind of President Iowa families want in the White House!"

When Feingold finally came up to speak, he was greeted with chants of "B-I-P!", which obviously stood for Bold, Independent, Progressive. During his speech, Feingold called upon both Hillary Clinton and Sherrod Brown to support a Constitutional Amendment restricting corporate person hood.

"It's time this country officially recognize that Constitutional liberties are reserved for the people and not for corporate special interests! I call on both of my opponents to make restricting corporate person hood one of their top priorities as well."

Feingold also introduced his plan for rural recovery and development. Central to Feingold's plan was passing the Rural Opportunities Act, which includes the following provisions:

• Increase technical assistance to rural economies – including bringing affordable broadband and internet access to rural households.

• Improve existing programs that help beginning farmers and ranchers.

• Provide increased funding to new and existing energy independence efforts.

• Encourage schools to supply their cafeterias with locally produced products.

• Increase funding for some existing USDA programs – including those that both develop local markets and help farmers sell their products at local markets. 

• Provide additional food vouchers to low-income seniors to be used at local farmers' markets.

Russ Feingold is scheduled to speak at a rally in Ottumwa, IA, with Sen. Claire McCaskill.
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »

When a reporter for the Des Moines Register asked Sen. Feingold about what he thought about Sherrod Brown's support for canceling NAFTA, Feingold responded,

"While I understand the reasoning behind Sen. Brown's position, I think canceling NAFTA at this point would be pre-mature. A smarter approach to trade would be to aggressively renegotiate NAFTA so that it's fairer and works for working families.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2010, 12:31:49 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2010, 01:14:19 AM by Eleden »

The Brown campaign released a memo today announcing that the Des Moines Register has endorsed his candidacy for President.  

"We reviewed all the candidates in the race and it immediately became clear that Senator Sherrod Brown is the best candidate.  One could easily prove that all the major candidates in the Democratic Primary are true progressives, but there's a difference between talking about bringing those ideals to Washington and actually doing it.

Senator Brown's long record of public service and his commitment to his principles while effectively representing the people who elected him is second to none."
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2010, 04:42:10 AM »

Today, Markos Moulitsas of the Daily Kos along with Jerome Armstrong and Chris Bowers of MyDD endorse Russ Feingold for President. In a jointly written blog post, the three "blog fathers" of the netroots said:

"Though all three candidates are arguably progressive, Feingold is the only candidate with the potential to successfully appeal a progressive agenda to sectors of the electorate that normally don't consider themselves progressive. His record as a maverick allows him to come across as a political outsider, which obviously appeals to moderates and independents.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2010, 01:14:18 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's campaign tour bus arrived in Waterloo, Iowa to a large, energetic crowd.  The Senator was introduced by US Representative Bruce Braley, who had endorsed his candidacy for the Presidency earlier in the year.  

"This is our time America!  Senator Sherrod Brown is the only candidate in this race who has the courage and conviction we need to fight off the corruption that controls Washington.  He's been one of the few independent voices of progressive values in the Senate and he'll carry those principles into the White House with pride.   America, this campaign is about you and there's one man in this race who truly realizes that.  The next President of the United States, Sherrod Brown!"

As Senator Brown took the stage, the fired up crowd began chanting "It's about us!" in repetition.  During his speech he addressed the issue of civil rights and troubling corporate influence.  Senator Brown called on his fellow candidates to come out in support of a Constitutional amendment which would overturn the state level gay marriage bans and protect the rights of individuals of "all sexual orientations."

"For too long have our gay brothers and sisters been told they're second class citizens!  That they shouldn't be proud of who they are and cannot possibly have the same rights as we do.  Well enough is enough America.  The freedoms of the Constitution apply to all citizens and it's time we include an amendment which will make that clear to those who say otherwise."

Senator Brown went on to address a statement made by Senator Feingold regarding corporate personhood.  

"Russ Feingold is a close friend of mine and I appreciate his concern with the pressing issue of corporate personhood.  He's asked me to endorse an amendment which would essentially overturn the troubling decision made by our Supreme Court.  Well let me tell you Russ, I've supported an amendment of this nature ever since the high court gutted our vital campaign finance laws and when I'm President, I'll work tirelessly with you to make sure this amendment is ratified."

Senator Brown's campaign bus departs Waterloo headed to its next destination: Des Moines
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies