An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:39:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 28985 times)
Eleden
oaksmarts

« on: April 13, 2010, 03:59:03 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2010, 06:09:05 PM by Eleden »

A crowd of thousands gathers across the Oval on Ohio State’s Campus in anticipation for a heavily publicized speech by Senator Sherrod Brown.  For weeks OSU’s Young Democrats, Ohio Democratic Party operatives, and politicians from across the state have been working around the clock to drum up publicity and support for the veteran Senators’ appearance at the Columbus campus.  While some anticipated an appearance by Presidential candidate Russ Feingold (who Brown had endorsed earlier in the campaign), many expected Senator Brown to throw his hat in the ring and make his own run for the White House.

With music blaring and a rowdy audience waiting for the honored speaker to make his appearance, Former Senator and Astronaut John Glenn makes his way to the podium as the crowd quiets.

“Wow!  It’s truly a spectacular site seeing all of you out here today.  Now as much as I wish I could say you were all here to see me (crowd laughs), I know why you’ve all gathered here today.  You’re here to see a man who’s dedicated his life to public service.  A man who has worked for Ohio and the people of this great nation for decades.  He’s been there for us when we needed a voice, he’s been there when we wanted a change from the status quo, and he’s been there when nobody else would stand for our needs.  It’s my honor to introduce my friend, my colleague, and an all around amazing American, Senator Sherrod Brown!

As the crowd erupts into applause, Senator Brown makes his way across the stage to embrace the aging Glenn.

“Thank you!  Thank you everyone for being here today!  How’s everyone feeling?
It’s great seeing so many of my fellow Buckeyes out here on the Oval today.  It reminds me of my days as a student here at THE Ohio State University!  
*Thunderous applause *
O-H!
*Crowd screams I-O! *

This place hasn’t changed a bit since I left!  You’ve still got the spirit, the passion, and the drive that inspired me to enter politics in the first place.  Knowledge and learning are certainly powerful tools towards a brighter future, but nowhere have I witnessed the drive and ambition required for success than right here at OSU.  

It’s been a tough few years for all of you and all Americans, believe me I know.  We’ve seen factories that have been open for decades, close their doors and ship jobs overseas.  We’ve seen family members lose their savings as corporations and fat cats rake in record high profits.  Our standard of living isn’t where it once was and we’ve seen millions of Americans fall into debt as credit card companies and banks make money at your expense.

Well I say enough is ENOUGH!  This is wrong!  Plain and simple.  For too long have we seen the middle class and poor take the backseat for the wealthiest 1%.  For too long have we seen college students fall into an endless hole of debt in order to pay for the education they need to pursue their dreams.   It’s time we fight for our interests not those of the lobbyists and special interest groups.  
In the Senate I’ve worked towards providing tax breaks for the middle class and poor.  I fought for affordable health care so each and every one of you could gain access to a doctor and quality care.  We worked together side by side in order to end outsourcing of jobs, fight for higher wages, and bring these two disastrous wars in the Middle East to an end!  We’ve accomplished a lot together America, but we’ve still got a lot of work to do.  

So today, in the heart of America where the Wright Brothers pioneered a world built on new ideas, where astronauts were born and raised, and proud factory workers and farmers make their living… I announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America!

As President I will work to end staggering high unemployment rates.  I will bring an end to NAFTA and CAFTA which have only worked to destroy the economy and well being of America.  I’ll finally extend the right of marriage to all Americans, whether you’re straight or gay.  A public option will be on my agenda to give all citizens access to affordable, quality health care.   Corruption and out of control defense spending will finally be brought under control as we spend our hard earned money on programs here in America!

It’s a long journey ahead but we’ve got the ambition and drive to reach the White House together!

Thank you and God Bless you all!  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

Former Governor Chet Culver officially announces his endorsement of Senator Sherrod Brown for President at a campaign rally in Des Moines, Iowa.  

"In my years of public service I haven't seen anyone with the passion to change America for the better that Senator Sherrod Brown has.  He's dedicated his life to Progressive causes and has been a champion for Midwestern values since the day he entered office!

I know Iowa and I know for a fact that we've needed a voice in the White House for decades now.  A President who will stick up for our values and bring us the Progressive ideals we've needed for years.

There's only one man for the job and that's the next President of the United States, Sherrod Brown!  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:18:20 PM »

While speaking in front of a crowd of 2500 in Davenport, Iowa Senator Sherrod Brown announces a "special guest" to the stage.  After a few moments of brief uncertainty the crowd erupts into applause as Congressman Bruce Braley (D-IA) takes the stage.  

"Hello Iowa!  How are we doing today?  

The weather's a little chilly today but it's nothing us Iowans can't handle!

Now I've been in Congress for almost a decade now and it's certainly been an uphill battle towards fighting for the values that is shared in the hearts of all Iowans.  We passed healthcare reform, we ended the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we made a serious dent in the greed and corruption that dominated America for decades.  

However there's still a lot of work to be done.  We need a public option!  We need equality for our gay brothers and sisters!   We need a fair tax system!  We need fair trade!  In short my fellow Iowans, we need Sherrod Brown as our next President!  So today I officially endorse Sherrod Brown for the Presidency of the United States."  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2010, 04:51:11 PM by Eleden »

At a campaign stop in Dover, New Hampshire, Former Governor John Lynch makes a surprise appearance to endorse Senator Sherrod Brown for President of the United States:

"Many have asked why I've thrown my support behind Sherrod Brown.  The answer is easy; I believe in this man!  I see it in his eyes, in his character, and in his heart.  This man cares about the American people and unlike other politicians who try to sell themselves to you... he actually cares about New Hampshire too!

When CAFTA was being shoved through Congress in another effort to appease the corporate fat cats, Senator Sherrod Brown went to work in the House of Representatives to whip up votes in opposition to this terrible piece of legislation.

He worked around the clock to include a public option in the health care legislation that was passed during President Obama's first term and he'll bring it back on the table as President. 

He worked to bring the same rights and privileges to the GLBT community that all Americans have enjoyed, and he'll continue those efforts as our Chief Executive.

He's fought for your jobs and your well being... I know he'll fight for you in the White House.  Sherrod Brown will be a President who answers to you, not the corporate interests who own Washington.

Let's get to work!"
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2010, 07:15:48 PM by Eleden »

At a fundraiser in San Francisco, California; Senator Sherrod Brown announces his support for a Constitutional Amendment that would overturn "any ban on Gay Marriage."  

"For too long have our gay brothers and sister been treated as second class citizens.  For too long have they been told their right to love is immoral and beneath the values instilled by the Constitution.  Today I take a stand against the crusade of ignorance and inequality that has been perpetrated against these American citizens and plan to fight to the end of my life protecting and promoting their basic civil liberties.

In what kind of America can we deny two loving individuals the right the legal protections of marriage but allow two complete strangers of the opposite sex to tie the knot on reality television?  In what kind of America can we tell a group of people that they're actions are evil, immoral, and against the grain of tradition when all they want to do is live their lives in absolute happiness.  That's not the country I know.   

Enough is enough America!  When we fight for the rights of the GLBT community, we fight for the rights of everyone.  

After the speech Senator Barbara Boxer announced her endorsement of Sherrod Brown.  Stating he "was the only man in Washington who gave a damn about progressive values."  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »

After a speech in Des Moines, Iowa; Senator Sherrod Brown sat down for an interview with the Des Moines Register.  

Senator Brown, what would you say is the most pressing issue facing Americans today?

It's unfortunate to have to say this, but the economy is still the most pressing issue on the minds of all Americans.  The initiatives and programs that began under the Obama administration were just the beginning in a series of shocks needed to bring the economy back to life.  The recession of 2008-2009 is long over but the effects of it are still being felt to this very day.  As President I would work to bring the unemployment rate below 5% with investments in clean energy, closing outsourcing loopholes, and implementing the practice of Fair Trade over Free Trade.  I commend President Obama for the hard work he has put into fixing the economy, but the battle is only half won.  

You've received flak from Christian organizations for your support of an amendment to the Constitution which would effectively end all bans on gay marriage.  As a man of faith how does this influence your decision on the issue?

Not in the slightest.  The day I allow ignorance to influence my decision making is the day that I've lost all credibility as a lawmaker.  I follow the word of Christ and even an deafening chorus of hatred cannot overwhelm the outstanding message of love and understanding that Jesus passed down upon his followers.  

I find it interesting that many of these fundamentalist Christians who criticize homosexuality rarely follow the other key rules imposed by the Leviticus scriptures they love to quote.  Slavery, execution, and public stoning are all strongly endorsed by these passages yet I've never heard them mentioned by a single Priest or Clergyman.  This pick and choose mentality with these biblical laws destroys any credibility they might have.  Ironically the last time I was told to read the Bible because I supported gay marriage came from a priest eating shellfish at Red Lobster.  

The GLBT community isn't a band of evil, immoral people who wish to harm America.  They're a group of individuals who just want to live out their lives in happiness; and the Constitution grants them that right.  As President I would work to provide them equal rights under the law.  

Finally, before the media and your fellow candidates in the race try to define you... would you like to describe who you are and what you stand for?

Public service is my life.  I've held an elected office for almost 42 years and my record of upholding Progressive values and the ideals of the people I represent is unmatched by any other candidate in the race.  I've been Secretary of State, a Congressman, a Senator, a father, a friend, a son... above all a proud American.  In the end I care about the people of this nation above all else.  It's about them, not me.  
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »

Senator Sherrod Brown stops for a rally outside the Iowa State Capitol building in Des Moines, Iowa.

The emblem on the podium proudly displays the Brown campaign's new slogan.  "It's about you"

"Over the past few months a chorus of doubt from the political pundits has attempted to drown out our collective progressive voices.  They've said we don't have the willpower or energy to bring our ideals to the White House.  They've said we aren't 'in it to win it' and that our ambitious goals reach too high.  But let me tell America, it's not about them and their lack of faith in the people... it's about you!  It's high time we have a government that realizes that.

My campaign is about you.  It's about your hopes, your dreams, your ambition, and your desire to see a government that finally works for you.  It's what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they wrote that famous document that guides this nation.  The Constitution says it's about you... why don't the politicians realize that?"

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 03:10:41 AM »

At a campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, Former Governor John Lynch gave a fiery speech in support of Senator Sherrod Brown:

"Why do I support this man?  Because he's got heart and he's got guts.  In my many years of public service, I've come to realize those are the two important qualities needed to get things done.  He's going to bring us more healthcare reforms, a public option, and universal coverage for all Americans.  Our trade system will be reformed to make sure deficits disappear and importation doesn't threaten American producers.  Fair trade will replace the job killing free trade practices of this decade and he'll push for an end to the unfair currency policies of the Chinese regime.  

America, the future is bright under a Brown Presidency.  It's about you!"
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »

Senator Sherrod Brown releases this week's campaign schedule

Monday: Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Tuesday: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
Wednesday: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
Thursday: Fundraiser and Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
Friday: Fundraiser and Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada
Saturday: Rally in Charleston, South Carolina
Sunday: Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 01:19:44 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown began a month long bus tour of the state of Iowa today.  The tour begins in Davenport and ends in Sioux City with numerous stops along the way.  

Davenport Iowa With the bus waiting on the street outside the Figge Art Museum, Senator Sherrod Brown confidently walks through the crowd meeting and greeting supporters on his way to the podium.

The crowd is estimated to be well over 7500 people and waits patiently for the Presidential candidate to take the stage.  Anticipation will have to keep building though as a surprise guest takes the stage in support of Senator Brown.

The crowd cheers as Pat Murphy, Speaker of the Iowa House of Representatives, takes the stage to announce his endorsement of Senator Brown.  

"I've heard a lot in this campaign about 'working for the American people' and 'bringing more reforms to Washington.  We've all seen the ads, we've all heard the speeches... but today I'm standing before you all to say that there's only one person in this race who will actually deliver on his promises.  There's only one candidate who has what it takes to bring those reforms to Washington and change the status quo.  That candidate is Senator Sherrod Brown!  

Speaker Murphy introduces Senator Brown and walks off the stage.  Senator Brown thanks him for his support and then delivers an impassioned speech where he details his health care plan.  Brown states that "health care is an essential right" and that he favors removing the phrase "over 65" from the Medicare statute, effectively allowing all Americans to buy into the program.  

After a few more meet and greets in the crowd, Senator Brown boards his bus and heads to his next destination: Iowa City, Iowa.  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 02:59:45 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's bus arrived in Iowa City to a large crowd of supporters from across the state.  Former Governor Chet Culver, who endorsed Brown earlier in the year, delivers a passionate speech highlighting the Senator's long career in public service and his commitment to the American people.  "No candidate in this race has the drive and passion that Sherrod Brown brings to the table.  He'll use that energy to break the gridlock in Washington and bring the real reforms us Iowans need."  

Senator Brown walked to the podium as the fired up crowd chanted "It's about us!" over and over again.  In his speech he described his plans to save Social Security from the brink of disaster by creating a strong and secure Social Security lockbox and raising 401(k) limits & making pension plans more portable.  "In order to secure the financial well being of our seniors we need to make sure the money they've paid into the system provides the benefits they need.  A lockbox will do just that."  

Brown also laid out his energy policy.  He proposed higher tax credits to citizens who purchase American made hybrid/electric cars.  Brown outlined his plan to strengthen cap and trade while also increasing penalties to companies that increase pollution.  "If elected President, I pledge to you that I will work tirelessly to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.  I'm setting a goal right here and now that 25% of our energy will be produced by renewable practices by 2025.  

After the speech Senator Brown boarded his campaign bus and headed to the next stop in his rally tour of Iowa: Cedar Rapids
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2010, 04:13:32 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's campaign bus arrived outside the Veterans Memorial Building in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  A massive crowd of supporters cheered the Ohio Senator on as he took the time to walk through and meet his supporters.  

Before the Presidential candidate could take the stage, a surprise guest was announced on the speakers.  The crowd burst into applause as Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois walked to the podium to make an announcement.

"We've heard a lot from all of the esteemed candidates in this primary race.  They talk of progressive values and representing the people of this great state.  I've known many progressives in my life, but there's only one candidate who is truly a champion of Midwestern ideals!  That candidate is Senator Sherrod Brown!"

Senator Durbin went on to describe Brown's advocacy of labor rights, his support of the GLBT community, and his fight for an America that works "for the average working American."

Senator Brown took the stage and greeted Durbin after receiving his full endorsement.  Brown then outlined his position on protecting farmers from unfair patents on seeds and the growing threat of bankruptcy due to monopolistic policies by corporate "mega" farms.  

"There's no place in our capitalist economy for a single corporation to control all aspects of a single good or product.  For too long have we let our friends and neighbors who have farmed for generation, fall into bankruptcy as corporations continue their unfair business practices.  America I've told you time and time again; in this campaign "it's all about you!"  And that includes the small farmers who need our assistance.  As President I'll do everything in my power to make sure they're passionately and effectively represented in Washington."

Senator Brown's campaign bus then left for the next stop in his campaign tour of the state: Waterloo, Iowa.  
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 12:31:49 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2010, 01:14:19 AM by Eleden »

The Brown campaign released a memo today announcing that the Des Moines Register has endorsed his candidacy for President.  

"We reviewed all the candidates in the race and it immediately became clear that Senator Sherrod Brown is the best candidate.  One could easily prove that all the major candidates in the Democratic Primary are true progressives, but there's a difference between talking about bringing those ideals to Washington and actually doing it.

Senator Brown's long record of public service and his commitment to his principles while effectively representing the people who elected him is second to none."
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2010, 01:14:18 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's campaign tour bus arrived in Waterloo, Iowa to a large, energetic crowd.  The Senator was introduced by US Representative Bruce Braley, who had endorsed his candidacy for the Presidency earlier in the year.  

"This is our time America!  Senator Sherrod Brown is the only candidate in this race who has the courage and conviction we need to fight off the corruption that controls Washington.  He's been one of the few independent voices of progressive values in the Senate and he'll carry those principles into the White House with pride.   America, this campaign is about you and there's one man in this race who truly realizes that.  The next President of the United States, Sherrod Brown!"

As Senator Brown took the stage, the fired up crowd began chanting "It's about us!" in repetition.  During his speech he addressed the issue of civil rights and troubling corporate influence.  Senator Brown called on his fellow candidates to come out in support of a Constitutional amendment which would overturn the state level gay marriage bans and protect the rights of individuals of "all sexual orientations."

"For too long have our gay brothers and sisters been told they're second class citizens!  That they shouldn't be proud of who they are and cannot possibly have the same rights as we do.  Well enough is enough America.  The freedoms of the Constitution apply to all citizens and it's time we include an amendment which will make that clear to those who say otherwise."

Senator Brown went on to address a statement made by Senator Feingold regarding corporate personhood.  

"Russ Feingold is a close friend of mine and I appreciate his concern with the pressing issue of corporate personhood.  He's asked me to endorse an amendment which would essentially overturn the troubling decision made by our Supreme Court.  Well let me tell you Russ, I've supported an amendment of this nature ever since the high court gutted our vital campaign finance laws and when I'm President, I'll work tirelessly with you to make sure this amendment is ratified."

Senator Brown's campaign bus departs Waterloo headed to its next destination: Des Moines
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown made campaign stops in Des Moines, Iowa as well as Sioux City, Iowa.  Senator Dick Durbin made a campaign appearance at a stop in Iowa City and Senator Barbara Boxer made a campaign appearance with Senator Brown in Nashua, New Hampshire. 
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 01:13:38 AM »

As Senator Sherrod Brown wrapped up his bus tour of Iowa, he spoke at a rally of thousands in front of the Woodbury County Courthouse in Sioux City, Iowa.  A few excerpts from the speech stood out:

"We've seen fear tactics take control of the debate in this nation for nearly a decade.  You were told that small sacrifices of your Constitutionally guaranteed liberties were needed to make sure we remained safe from a grave threat.  You were told that many of your basic rights to privacy needed to be swept away in order to guarantee the security of this nation.  But let me tell you, when we compromise the values and ideals that this nation was founded upon; we compromise the security of knowing we're still a free nation! 

My fellow Americans; if elected President I promise to push a repeal of the terrible Patriot Act that was shoved down our throats by fear mongering ideologues.  If a renewal of this Act is passed, I promise you it will be firmly and swiftly vetoed in a Brown Administration."

Senator Brown also maintained his support for the repeal of NAFTA and CAFTA.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 01:19:07 AM »

Senator Brown made multiple stops across Iowa including Ames, Webster City, and Iowa City.  Meeting and greeting his supporters he outlined many of his policies including a plan to eliminate the payroll cap in order to "ensure the survival of Social Security."

Senator Dick Durbin appeared along side Senator Brown in Ames, Iowa to express his support for his candidacy.  "Senator Brown understands the problems facing America and he's the only candidate in this race who has the experience and tenacity to tackle these issues head on." 

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »

At a campaign rally in Los Angelos, California; Senator Sherrod Brown quieted the audience and announced he had received the endorsement of the United Auto Workers.  Union President Ron Gettelfinger crossed the stage to the podium to make the endorsement official:

"We polled our one million plus union members and the results were nearly unanimous.  Senator Sherrod Brown is the best choice for President!  As a Senator he has worked tirelessly to ensure the protections and freedoms that auto workers everywhere rightly deserve.  Senator Brown, you have been a true champion of our cause and the cause of all progressives nationwide; we thank you and you've got our support every step of the way to the White House!"

Senator Brown wrapped up his speech by describing his plan to close tax loopholes for corporations that ship jobs over seas.  "In a just America, we don't reward companies for putting hardworking Americans out of a job."

Hours later the Senator boarded a flight headed for Sioux Falls, Iowa. 
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »

At a rally in Sioux Falls, Iowa; Senator Sherrod Brown outlined his plan to finally bring an end to America's addiction to foreign oil. 

"I'll stake my presidency on passing legislation that will fund initiatives that will provide funding for solar and wind projects across the country.  It's time to stop depending on oil from dangerous and oppressive dictatorships and instead create our power right here in America.  Not only will this produce jobs, it'll produce a safer world for generations to come. 

Other caveats of the plan include research investments into ocean based hydro power as well as cheap and effective alternative fuel engines for automobiles and planes. 
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2010, 04:32:47 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown stopped at rallies in Newberry and Hartsville, South Carolina where he appeared with Representative John Spratt.  Spratt introduced the Presidential candidate and gave Brown his official endorsement.

"There's no doubt in my mind that Senator Sherrod Brown will make good on his promises and bring about a White House that works for the people.  He says this campaign is 'about you' and he means it. What a breath of fresh air, a politician that actually says what he means!"

Senator Brown shook hands in the crowds and answered questions from residents.  A local news crew then conducted an interview with the Senator regarding some issues in his domestic agenda.  Including health care and job creation.  

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 09:52:25 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2010, 01:09:34 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown's plane rolled into Henderson, Nevada.  After a short drive he appeared at a campaign rally outside of the University of Southern Nevada.  Congresswoman Dina Titus appeared on stage to officially endorse Senator Brown for President:

"I've seen a lot of presidential candidates over the years come to Nevada selling their story and brand of politics.  However, never have I seen an individual as passionate and deserving of the Presidency as Senator Sherrod Brown.  He's a man who says what's on his mind and talks the talk while walking the walk.  'It's all about you' America, and there's only one man who realizes that.  Senator Sherrod Brown!  The next President of the United States!"

The Senator delivered an impassioned speech on health care, where he declared his number one goal on this issue was to pass legislation providing Americans with an effective public option.  "There's still work left to be done in reforming Healthcare, and providing America with a public option is definitely on my agenda!"

After a meet and greet with the crowd, Senator Brown traveled to Las Vegas where he attended a fundraiser with Senator Barbara Boxer of California.  
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2010, 07:57:54 PM by Eleden »

Senator Sherrod Brown appeared with Congressman Bruce Braley at a rally in Dubuque, Iowa.  Congressman Braley spoke of "Senator Brown's endless commitment to ensuring America remains a beacon of hope and democracy in this ever changing world."

Senator Sherrod Brown then took the stage and delivered a speech on foreign policy issues.  Topics included Iran, North Korea, and the threat of global terrorism:

"The stability of this planet is under constant threat from regimes and organizations who wish to undermine the peace and security we've worked so hard to achieve.  Let me assure you, as President I will never hesitate to protect America from any threat.

Brown went on to outline diplomatic efforts to calm the tensions between Israel and Iran.  As well as use global pressure to force North Korea to comply with UN regulations.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

A new campaign ad for Senator Sherrod Brown's campaign began airing today in New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa.  The ad outlined Brown's commitment to providing affordable healthcare to all Americans as well as continuing reforms of the system by implementing a public option.

"As a US Senator, Sherrod Brown has worked tirelessly to ensure that all Americans receive the health coverage they rightly deserve.  'As President I vow to push legislation that will create an affordable and efficient public option for all Americans to choose.  This campaign is about you America, and I'll ensure that my administration works for your interests, not those of the insurance lobbyists in Washington.'"

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown spoke at a rally in Jacksonville, Florida; declaring the days of corporate welfare are over.

"These corporations demand that the government stay out of their business, yet when problems arise they cry that they need the 'big bad' government to help them fix their mess.  Guess who foots the bill?  You do!  Well enough is enough!  We've privatized profits and socialized losses.  As President I'd put an end to bailouts and put that money back into the pockets of the average American!
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2010, 08:09:13 PM by Eleden »

Senator Alexi Giannoulias criticizes Senator Sherrod Brown for releasing a press release with an out-of-date-photo from September 4th 2006, with Giannoulias in the background, at a Bruce Braley event. The article makes it seem like Giannoulias is supporting Sherrod Brown and not Russ Feingold.

Senator Alexi Giannoulias says "The way Sherrod Brown has run his campaign is mediocre at best. If this is the way he's going to run a general election campaign or worse, the country, then I would be urge his supporters to reconsider..."

Senator Brown issued a statement apologizing for the minor error made by a campaign staffer.  The picture has been changed on his campaign website to the one that was originally intended.  
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies