An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:40:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 29021 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:43:19 PM »

Sue Lowden is participating in a townhall meeting in Reno, Nevada, when she was asked by a middle-aged woman...

Senator Lowden, are you going to run for President? We could sure use a woman President.

Lowden considers the question carefully, and then chooses her answer

Let's just say, I won't rule a run out. I'd like to see some of the other candidates in the race before making a final decision. Most importantly, I'll have to find out what my constituents want, and I'll go from there.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden holds a rally in Boulder City, Nevada. There were approximately 400 people in attendance, packed inside a small gym. Standing beside Ms. Lowden was her husband, Paul, and her children; Christopher, Jennifer, Paul IV, and William. Also there were Congressmen Heller and Porter, as well as Senator John Ensign and Governor Brian Sandoval. All major Republican officeholders in Nevada were there, so something was obviously about to happen...

Struggling Americans and Nevadans know that the time for hope and change is long past. But the time for real solutions has come. The White House still hasn't figured it out. It's the place of grand speeches and poll-tested promises. Unfortunately, too many promises have been broken, priorities misplaced and opportunities squandered.

Today, we have higher unemployment, higher debt and hardworking Americans continue to be separated from their homes in record numbers. Washington puts too much of a financial burden on American families, and spend more than they receive. A fun fact – if you evenly distributed our debt amongst Americans, each Nevada taxpayer would be saddled with over $100,000 of debt. It's too late to simply freeze government spending – we must cut spending across the board.

I am proud to have outlined real solutions to real problems as a Senator. From outlining a jobs plan to providing more affordable and accessible health care, my campaign has focused on not just issues – but solutions. My plans are backed not just by promises, but by a record of action and progress.

Government growth and personal freedom do not go hand-in-hand. It's time for Washington to know that Americans choose more freedom over more government. We need a leader, a President, who will implement these great ideas. I, Sue Lowden, stand before you today announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America. I will also simultaneously be running for reelection as your Senator. Because the fact is, Americans cannot afford four more years of reckless spending and mounting tax hikes. The people on the left and right of me will all be accompanying me along the way, as I hope to learn more about the stories and lives of Americans all across this country. Join me, and together, let's make America great again. Thank you, and God Bless you all!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 05:16:58 PM »

Governor Meg Whitman makes a speech at a Woman's Right's rally in San Diego, California...

America has had 44 Presidents, coming from all parties, with all sorts of backgrounds. What do all of them have in common? They all have been men. Now, don't get me wrong, I love men. I'm even married to one. But we've never had a woman. And ladies, that ain't a good thing. We've had female candidates come and go, but none of them ever managed to shatter that glass ceiling. Well, I think our wait may be over, because we finally have a candidate who can shatter that glass ceiling. She and I differ on some issues, which means she isn't perfect. Wink But she shares the same vision I do for making America a stronger and safer nation. Today, I am announcing my endorsement of Sue Lowden for President of the United States of America, and I encourage all of you to join me when the primary season rolls around to California by voting for Sue Lowden. Let's shatter that glass ceiling once and for all!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »

Sue Lowden announces a list of cities she'll be visiting over the next ten days...

Carson City, Nevada
Sacramento, California
Portland, Oregon
Seattle, Washington
Boise, Idaho
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Bismark, North Dakota
Siox Falls, South Dakota
Marietta, Georgia
Newark, New Jersey
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Wildwood, New Jersey
Linwood, New Jersey

Lowden will be putting a heavy emphasis on the West. She will be accompanied along the way with her family, Governor Whitman, and Senator John Thune. She will be holding a townhall meeting in Marietta, Georgia with Senator Johnny Isakson, who endorsed her earlier this week. To end things, the Lowden campaign plans to make some stops in New Jersey, which is where she was born and raised. Lowden will spend several days there catching up with old friends and family. Lowden will also be spending time at the Miss America Organization in Linwood, New Jersey, will she will be speaking to this year's contestants, talking about her journey as 2nd runner-up in 1973.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden makes a stop in Portland, Oregon speaking to several hundred college students and facility at the University of Portland...

Hello students! It's great to be up here in Oregon. I've always enjoyed visiting this state, as it has some of the best weather in America. My main point today will be abortion. As a Catholic, like many of you here, abortion has always been an issue close to my heart. It's always a debate topic, and I'm sure relationships have been ruined due to differring positions. I am pro-life and I will defend life as President of the United States. Over two decades ago, when the issue outlined was brought to the floor of the Nevada state Senate, I did not  stand to demonstrate support for the Roe v. Wade decision. Further, as a parent and state senator, I helped lead the effort on parental notification legislation. Unfortunately, that bill was defeated on the floor. I adamantly oppose any taxpayer-funded and I strongly oppose the practice of partial-birth abortion. I understand how so may feel, that the woman deserves a right of choice and shouldn't have to do something she doesn't want to do. But what about that child? That innocent life, never did any wrong, suffering in terrible ways due to others mistakes. Now, friends, tell me, is woman's choice really important enough to let another life go? As a woman, I stand here today saying no. As your President, I will do everything in my power to prevent abortion. There won't be public funding for abortion, and I will appoint pro-life judges to the Supreme Court. For the sake of the unborn. Thank you all, and God Bless you all.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 04:50:31 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden continues her campaign, making stops in Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming before making a stop in Bismarck, North Dakota where she holds a rally downtown, where she speaks about reducing the national budget. Here is a transcript of part of her speech...

To stop this madness, I propose that the federal government mandate not only an immediate spending freeze, but that we ask all federal departments and agencies to cut 5 percent of their spending, except those tasked with protection our national and homeland security. Washington liberals have so drastically increased federal spending in this country that we cannot simply stop the level of spending, we need to reduce spending to get our nation back on a more stable, economic footing. Republicans, Democrats, Independents – and those who are years away from even becoming eligible voters – deserve better. As your President, I will stop this careless spending and prevent decades of job-killing tax hikes and unaffordable interest rates.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »

Sue Lowden makes a speech in New Jersey...

In my administration, we will tackle the major challenges facing this country. We will be specific, and direct. We will lay out a clear, conservative vision for the future of America. As President , I will focus on heavily five areas: The economy, education, terrorism, health care, and government reform.

For starters, I will spend less, tax less, and borrow less. Taxes have increased and government has grown. Over the last eitht years, Obama has added millions of works to the federal payroll. That's not conservative. That's irresponsible. We can do better. It's time for results, not politics.

As President, I want to help create an education system that prepares our children for the jobs of tomorrow. To begin, we will no longer accept such high dropout rates. Our students deserve quality teachers who are well educated and trained, and schools where bad teachers aren't just transferred, but let go. But good teachers should be rewarded and they should have continuing opportunities for professional development. I will propose incentives for math and science teachers to earn a degree in what they teach.

As Republicans, we can continue down the road of shrinking majorities. Or we can inspire, unite, and grow our party. Rebuild it from the bottom up, and reach out to Americans and say, 'If you are for limited government, lower taxes and less spending, we want you in the Republican Party, we welcome you and want you to be active in our cause.' That's how we will win elections, keep the majority and be worthy to lead our great nation. And that's what we're going to do if I'm heading the Republican ticket.

It's time for a President for all of America. Join me and together we will make the America of tomorrow everything our children deserve. This is a special time in New Jersey, and America. A time for principled leadership, reform, and results. We can do better, my friends. And together, we will!!!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

I've sat around watching this campaign take place, looking for the candidate I think could best lead this country to better days. I have found that candidate. And because of that, today I am announcing my endorsement of Sue Lowden for President of the United States of America. I look foward to campaigning with Ms. Lowden for the coming months as she puts foward her strong and courageous vision for this country.
- Former Governor Sarah Palin

Sue Lowden seems to have her head set on straight in regards to foreign affairs, and I think she would make a great Commander in Chief. For those reasons, I am happy to endorse Sue Lowden for President.
- Secretary of Defense Robert Gates

Sue Lowden is like my husband in so many ways. She has the leadering, courage, and integrity to bring America back to it's conservative roots. For my husbands sake, and his legacy, I am pleased to endorse Sue Lowden for President.
- Former First Lady Nancy Reagan

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 03:28:57 PM »

Nancy Reagan holds a rally/fundraiser in California...

Thank you all for coming out today! It's great to see such a large crowd, out to support the best candidate in this race. The other day, I was listening in to Rush, as I generally enjoy hearing what he has to say. Rush believes Bobby Jindal is the next Ronald Reagan. He is quick to compare the two. Well, my friends, I'm her to say as the person who knew Ronald more than anyone else, despite the fact that she's a woman, Sue Lowden is the "next Ronald Reagan" and Sue Lowden is the best to bring this nation back on track!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

Statement from the National Right to Life association
After deep consideration, we feel that Senator Sue Lowden of Nevada is the best candidate to represent our values and beliefs in the White House, and that is why the NRL is pleased to endorse Ms. Lowden for the Republican nomination.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden speaks to a crowd in Iowa...

Hello, great people of Iowa! It's nice to see you all here today... America is in tough times. It's time that we have a tough leader who will be able to stand up to big government and fight this beast head on. There are very few candidates who can do that, me being one of them, Scott Brown being one of the fews others. Let's break that glass ceiling once and for all! I hope I can get your vote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »

Sue Lowden makes a Western tour, focusing on California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. Here is a portion of her townhall meeting, after being asked what she thinks of her opponents...

Whie I have the greatest respect for all of them, the only one who really sticks out is Scot Brown of Massachusetts. He has the stamina, charisma, and leadership skills, like myself, to get this country back on track. Great days would be ahead for America under a Lowden or Brown administration.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden announces that she will be taking a tour of Afganistan with her husband and several aides, so she can have a better understanding of what's going on there, and what she would need to do as President or Senator to make it better there. At a press conference, she mentions that she will also be inviting Senator Scott Brown and his family to join her.

Scott Brown shares my concern for our troops stationed over there, and that's why I am asking him to join me.
- Senator Sue Lowden
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden plans a trip with Governor Whitman to the Rust Belt, making stops in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, and Iowa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »

Senator Lowden invited Cantor and his friends to join her and Brown on their overseas, claiming it would show that this is the strongest party on national security.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:08 PM »

Statement from Sue Lowden
I hope my opponents can ease the tension that has been brewing. At the end of the day, we are all Republicans, and we must be united heading into the general election.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

Senator Lowden speaks to a crowd in Waterloo, Iowa...

We can win this state! Polls currently show us leading here, and I believe we can if we all pitch in to work hard, and let Iowans know what a Lowden administration would do for them. A Lowden administration would give you tax breaks, a lower national defict, and better schools for your children. We can make America great again, and I believe my conservative principles will.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 02:54:09 PM »

Sue Lowden finishes up her Western tour and once again, for the third time now, visits New Jersey, which was her birth state and where she grew up. She plans on spending 3 additional days touring the state.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden campaigns with Sarah Palin in Oregon and Washington, speaking about the history that could be made...

Ladies, we have another opportunity to shatter this glass ceiling once in for all! 3 lovely ladies have put millions of cracks in it. But friends, I believe I can break that ceiling! Get out on primary day, and vote for a strong woman who will lead this country well!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »

Encouraged by polling numbers, Senator Sue Lowden heads South, where she hopes to break into Cantor's lead. Over the next week, she hopes to make a stop in every southern state for a series of meet and greets, town hall meetings, and political rallies.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 07:59:11 AM »

Sue Lowden makes stops in Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma, hoping to drum up some support in the Midwest.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »

Lowden makes a "North to South Tour", starting in North Dakota, and going through South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

The polls show that winning this election is possible! I need you all to work your hardest from now until primary/caucus day, so we can carry this state and all the others!
- Sue Lowden
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »

At a press conference today, Georgia Governor Nathan Deal makes his endorsement...

After some careful consideration, I will be throwing my support behind Sue Lowden. I think she represents the next generation of true conservative leadership that will fight for lower taxes, personal freedom, and the sactity of life.
- Georgia Governor Nathan Deal
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »

When asked about Iran invading Iraq in a townhall meeting in Iowa, here was Sue Lowden's response...

Iran is way out of it's boundaries. We must do everything we can to help Iraq, and I call on President Obama to make sure Iraqi's are safe and away from harm. I offer my support and prayer's to Iraq and her President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden campaigns with Governor Jindal in Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, and Louisiana. At a rally in Little Rock, Arkansas, Lowden makes the following comments...

Under a Lowden administration, sweeping educational policy would take place. First off, I do support the removal of the Department of Education. I think it is a wasteful position, and that states should be in charge of their education. America's education ratings have plummeted ever since the department began, and I see no positive benefits from it. We would encourage smaller class sizes and allowing parents more options, and not confine them to a failing school. 

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies