An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:35:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 29019 times)
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« on: April 04, 2010, 10:07:45 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2010, 10:13:13 PM by Senator Ted Kennedy »

Governor Scott Phillip Brown appears at Faneuil Hall in Boston, where he announces his candidacy for the Presidency of the United States of America.  

Excerpt:
My fellow Americans, it is time for new leadership in Washington.  Today, I want to speak to you about Washington.  Washington represents what is the best of this nation, and the worst flaws of America.  Washington is more than a city or a great capitol; it is a symbol of this nation and all we can accomplish.  It is a system of government that for so long stood for the common man.  That system has been corrupted.

Washington is no longer a symbol of the people.  It is now a symbol of a flawed, unsustainable, corrupt system.  This system cannot stand.  We know what we can do if the public servants of this country serve the people who elected them.  It is time for that American ideal to rise once again from the ashes.  It is time for the government to work for the people, not the other way around.

I was born in the town of Kittery, Maine.  I was raised in Wakefield, Massachusetts.  These towns are not on the public map in the way Washington is.  However, they are also symbols.  They are symbols of the common person; the everyday American who is happy with their life.  The person who knows that the government is not the answer to every problem.

I am here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States.  I am running for the people in Wakefield, Massachusetts, and other towns throughout the country.  For years, their anger and frustration have been ignored by both parties.  It is time for that to change.  Our system is flawed, but it is not broken.  We will renew the belief that all Americans have a say in what their government does.  The road ahead will be long and winding, however, I am confident that with your support, true change can come to Washington.

(he continues the speech)
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »

After announcing his candidacy, Governor Brown travels to Arizona, where he attends a rally with Senator John McCain.

Excerpt:  Scott Brown is an American patriot.  He is the face of a new generation; one that knows that solutions only come when we work together as Americans, not parties.  It is time for the corrupted Washington system to be repaired. 

We can fix Washington.  We can fix Wall Street.  It all starts on Main Street.  With your support, change will come to America on January 20, 2017.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »

(I'm assuming now that the flood gates have been opened, we can just ahead with endorsements.)

Governor Scott Brown travels to Portland, Maine, where he attends a rally with Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe.  They then travel to New Hampshire, holding rallies throughout the state. 

After campaigning with the Senators, Governor Brown met with John McCain in Iowa to hold joint-townhall meetings throughout the state.

Excerpt from Rally:  You all know it is time for an independent voice in Washington.  It is time for real change to come to Washington, in the form of true conservatism.

We need a voice who will not give in to the Washington establishment.  President Obama promised to be that voice, but he like so many others gave in to the establishment.

We can not afford another mistake.  It is time for your voices to be heard, and as President, I will be serving you.  Together, we will take back this nation.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

Governor Brown travels to Arizona, where he campaigns with John McCain:

Excerpt:  Eight years ago, we were promised change in America.  Now, I must say, that change still seems too much like more of the same.  Corporations still control the White House and Congress, the American people do not have a voice.

Speaker Cantor is a part of the problem, not the solution.  Congress continues to serve it's self-interests, not the American people.  We need more independent thinkers like John McCain, Olympia Snowe, and Susan Collins if we hope to reach our goal to again serve this nation's citizens.

We all know that health-care in this nation needs major reforms.  I will make these reforms happen.  However, unlike President Obama, I will do it in a responsible manner that our children will not pay for.  Our problem now is our debt.  Under President Obama, our deficit has exploded, and we have taken even more loans from other countries.

We use to be the ones to give loans to developing countries.  Now, China is treating us like a developing country.  Well, I say no more!  We need to balance the budget, turn our deficit into a surplus, and once again become the world's economic superpower and regulator.

These would all be goals of a Brown Administration.  We need more than Hope in America now, we need tangible change, and change will be delivered when I become President!
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »

Governor Scott Brown campaigns with Charlie Crist in Florida

Charlie and I have a lot in common.  We both serve the people of our state first, and then our party.  Throughout our public lives, we have served you. 

I am starting a coalition.  This campaign is growing into a populist coalition which aims to serve you, the people.  We may not win, but your voices will be heard. 

That is the goal in this nation.  My friends, I entered public life with one goal:  To serve the people I was elected to represent.  Throughout my life, I have lived up to that promise I made nearly twenty years ago when I ran for the Massachusetts House of Representatives. 

During my time in the Senate, I worked with both parties.  Unlike my opponents, I'm not ashamed that I served the American people.  I voted to give unemployed Americans jobs during the Great Recession, while several of my opponents opposed those initiatives. 

We need real and honest leadership in Washington.  We don't need another politician who aims to further serve themselves in the White House, staining the legacy that lingers there.  I am running for President because we can't afford for Speaker Cantor, who led the Republican Party to deny jobs to millions of Americans for pure political gain and obstruction, to stain the legacy of men like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln who served the people.

justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »

Governor Brown travels to New York.  While he campaigns in Albany and Syracuse, Mayor Giuliani campaigns in New York City.

Rudy (Excerpt)Sad  Scott Brown is the man who win bring change to Washington.  Check his track record.  He worked with Republicans and Democrats while a United States Senator.  He worked for you.  When then House-Minority Whip Eric Cantor was obstructing good proposals and keeping Americans out of work, Senator Brown was working with his colleagues to stop Wall Street abuses, end the effects of the Great Recession, and honor the promises he made while running for Senate.

Before I finish here, I'd like to say a few words about Eric Cantor.  Eric Cantor is a politician.  He is not a public servant.  A public servant represents the people who elected him or her.  Eric Cantor serves himself.  Eric Cantor was caught in 2010 exploiting a stray bullet that hit a window in his campaign office, claiming it was a hate crime.  Eric Cantor does not have the integrity to be the President of the United States.  He's just another politician my friends, and it's time for a public servant to be President.

*He leaves the stage with thunderous applause, although Governor Brown attempts to lighten his tone, the event is heavily covered by cable news*
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »

Governor Scott Brown campaigns in Des Moines, Iowa...

We need to change America.  It all starts with you.  For years I have fought for the working American, not to fill my wallet.  Only one other candidate has the same sense of integrity and the fighting spirit that I do, and that is Sue Lowden. 

Sue and I fought against the establishment.  We faced great obstacles, as the corrupt system attempted to derail our campaigns for change.  We won our fights, and we have continued to serve, not the bureaucrats or lobbyists.  We serve Main Street, not Wall Street.

Speaker Cantor represents what is wrong with America.  He works for his paycheck.  For him, politics is a job, not a service.  It is time for politics to become more than just a job to our representatives in Washington.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »

A generic State Senator at a Brown rally in Ohio:

Are you ready for change?  We don't need Jindal or Cantor!  We need Scott Brown!  Maybe throw in Sue Lowden too!  I mean, that is the type of ticket we need to win back the White House!

Let me say it bluntly; they're both good looking people.  I mean, come on.  We need some honest people in the White House, a young ticket that will impress the world.  I don't know about you, but I would love to see both of these great Americans taking their rightful places as in the executive branch next year!

justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden announces that she will be taking a tour of Afganistan with her husband and several aides, so she can have a better understanding of what's going on there, and what she would need to do as President or Senator to make it better there. At a press conference, she mentions that she will also be inviting Senator Scott Brown and his family to join her.

Scott Brown shares my concern for our troops stationed over there, and that's why I am asking him to join me.
- Senator Sue Lowden

Scott Brown graciously accepts Senator Lowden's offer.  Governor Brown, his wife Gail, and several aides will accompany Lowden.  Senator John McCain also requests to accompany the group.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

Eric Cantor campaigns in New Hampshire.

As President I will never give up the fight for liberty. I will never give up the fight to defend our Constitution and give states and the people the power not delegated to the federal government. States have to send trillions to Washington and then try to compete with one another for a small portion of that money returning to them. My friends this is unaccepteable. We need roads, we need bridges, we need public education and we need security, but we don't need the federal government involved in every single one of our decisions. It's time that the American people get to direct their futures, not the federal government!

At a Scott Brown rally, the mayor of a small town in Iowa targets Cantor:

The only thing Eric Cantor will never give up the fight for is his paycheck from the lobbyists!  He does not serve the American people!  Only two candidates in this race serve the American people; Scott Brown and Sue Lowden!
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »

Scott Brown recently said that "Eric Cantor is in this to win." You bet I am. I'm in this to change the course of our country. I'm in this to reform our schools. I'm in this to make us energy independent. I'm in this to secure our borders. I'm in this to protect our nation and our Constitution. I am in this for you!"

The Cantor campaign says they will travel to Afghanstan with John Boehner, Lindsey Graham and Lamar Alexander next week to attend military strategy session and see progress in the country.

Rudy Giuliani in Iowa:

Scott Brown is a Governor.  Eric Cantor is a representative.  You know what Cantor represents?  He represents the corrupt Washington system.  He represents Wall Street, and whoever else will pad his wallet.  He represents the system that got us into the trouble we are in now.

Scott Brown will not tour Afghanistan with Cantor, but rather will tour the nation with John McCain, visiting combat zones and military bases.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

General Colin Powell endorses Scott Brown for President, and announces he will accompany McCain and Brown to Afghanistan.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:06:48 AM »

Scott Brown, Colin Powell, and John McCain meet in Springfield, Massachusetts.  They arrive at Westover Airforce Base and after attending a meet-and-greet with military families, board a C-5 Galaxy with active duty troops bound for Afghanistan.

Brown, Powell, and McCain board a C-5 Galaxy bound for Afghanistan along with troops being deployed there.

justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »

Scott Brown's plane arrives in Afghanistan, where he, McCain, and Powell meet with troops at Bagram Air Field.  They then board a Chinook helicopter bound for a combat zone in the Khyber Pass.

Meanwhile, Charlie Crist campaigned vigorously for Brown in Florida.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »

Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins launch a northeast tour for Governor Brown, visiting Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »

CNN BREAKING NEWS:  HELICOPTER CARRYING GOV SCOTT BROWN, SEN JOHN MCCAIN, FMR SEC OF STATE COLIN POWELL CRASHES IN EAST AFGHANISTAN - NO FURTHER INFO
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »

CNN BREAKING NEWS ALERT:

We are now getting word that Governor Scott Brown, Senator John McCain, and Former Secretary of State Colin Powell were involved in a helicopter crash in Northeastern Afghanistan.  We first received word of the incident no more than an hour ago and the statuses of the passengers are unknown at the moment.  We do not know whether this was an accident or an attack.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:31 PM »

CNN Breaking News:  CONFIRMED:  Governor Scott Brown has died

CNN has confirmed that Governor Scott Brown of Massachusetts was killed in a helicopter crash in Eastern Afghanistan early this morning.  He was 56 years old.  Senator John McCain of Arizona survived the crash with minor injuries, and Former Secretary of State Colin Powell is at a military hospital in Afghanistan with non-life threatening injuries. 

It has been reported that Governor Brown died on impact after the crash.  His wife, Gail Huff, is expected to make a statement in several days.

Scott Phillip Brown  (1959 - 2015)
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »

After meeting with Senator Lowden, Gail Huff released a statement in support of her:

"Sue and my husband came to be good friends during their time together in the Senate.  Throughout this campaign that friendship held strong.  My family is still in mourning over the loss of my husband, but let me say that there is no one in this race more qualified to be President than Sue Lowden.  Scott would agree."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies