The History of The CSA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:02:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The History of The CSA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The History of The CSA  (Read 5079 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »

Introducing my new TL to start soon. It will hopefully last from 1865-2010
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »

ooo...by 2010 it will be awesome to see what's happening, as well as WWII
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »

Good luck, what is the POD?

If WWII even happens.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »

If WWII even happens.

There is several Pod's, but the main one was that is Sherman was stopped before he got to Atlanta.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »

If WWII even happens.

and the confederacy would stop hitler? If the Union was an isolationist nation, I couldn't see CSA anymore but less
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »

If WWII even happens.

and the confederacy would stop hitler? If the Union was an isolationist nation, I couldn't see CSA anymore but less

Yeah, but the butterfly effect this scenario would cause might even lead to a scenario in which Hitler was never born. WWII could still happen, but things on the international spectrum would be far different with a fragmented union, as America was a major power these last 150 years. And with it separated into two countries, things are bound to change. Hitler might not even be born, or enter politics. We'll see, though.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 06:43:20 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2010, 09:11:26 PM by SE Lt. Gov tb75 »

April 9th, 1865 the day that Dixie relives every year. After a bitter 4 year war that switched back and fourth, the Confederates from Dixie could finally earn their freedom.

Despite earlier looking that the Union "Yankee's" would defeat the confederates, the tide turned for the south after stopping a major attack plan by the Union.

General William "Tecumseh" Sherman was planning a "march to the Sea", but was not expecting a surprise attack from the Confederates. The attack occurred before the planned attack and burning of Atlanta. Despite having plenty of necessary men and equipment the Sherman army was totally destroyed. As well as Sherman, who was killed after being shot in the head.

The late Union General.

After the defeat  of the Sherman army, the union army had suffered a blow that they had not planning on or was expecting. The blow was such big one it turned the tide in favor of the Rebels.

After the failed invasion the Rebels won almost every battle, including the return of the Mississippi river that was lost to the Union. After all of the losses something that no one ever expected happened.....
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »

Now would this be like C.S.A. The Movie or the North and South are split?  Lots of things COULD have happened.  My top prediction is slavery would have ended by the turn of the century then a separate CSA would have functioned like a hybrid Protestant Christian Fundamentalist society with many agrarian elements of Latin America where only a few would be educated, etc.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »

Now would this be like C.S.A. The Movie or the North and South are split?  Lots of things COULD have happened.  My top prediction is slavery would have ended by the turn of the century then a separate CSA would have functioned like a hybrid Protestant Christian Fundamentalist society with many agrarian elements of Latin America where only a few would be educated, etc.

North and South split up.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »

Excellent POD! Good to see Sherman get the end he deserved.

One nitpick, though...

His middle name was spelt "Tecumseh." Hope that helps Cheesy
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »

One nitpick, though...

Fixed, expect an update tomorrow.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »

One nitpick, though...

Sherman has to be one of the greatest generals in American history.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2010, 06:02:56 PM by SE Lt. Gov tb75 »

Union General Ulysses S. Grant was growing tired of the war.  Especially with the major losses that the Union had suffered over the last months. He was wanting the war to end.

On April 8th 1865, General US Grant sent word to General Robert E. Lee that he was ready to discuss a treaty ending the war. The two met at the Appomattox Courthouse in    Appomattox, Virginia.

At the Courthouse the two men discussed many things. Including their early army days, their families, and Politics. Then the two got down to business.

The South agreed to gain nothing from the war besides Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia. The Union would get it's captured solders back, and would have to retreat.

General Lee putting the final signature to the Victory treaty.

The war officially ended on April 9th with a confederate victory. For The Union, most critics blame the loss on Lincoln's false belief that the war was won as one of the main reasons for losing. The loss ruined the Union's hope and Lincoln's reputation. Now he is regarded as one of the worst president's of all time due to his one little mistake,  not taking notice of the south.

As for the Rebels, they have won their freedom, but can they survive to make it to another day?

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 05:59:40 PM »

One nitpick, though...

Sherman has to be one of the greatest generals in American history.

Not in this TL.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »

How'd Grant get the authority to sign a treaty?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »

Lincoln approved it
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »

With The war Over, President Davis must know focus on the Survival of The Confederate States.

President Davis

The Economy is the main issue of the CSA.  With the trad routs being blocked by the Union in the War, The CSA can trade for the first time in years. But, since the inflation has gone through the rough, and the confederate dollar is practically worthless.

President Davis proposes a new tax system which will bring the economy back in focus.  Including an income tax, which is the first of it's time. The tax was not popular with the people, but the President assured them it was necessary. He also proposes an new government agency for Collecting taxes. But, the agency had to be approved by Congress.

Secretary of the Treasury John H. Reagan. The developer of the Southern Economy

By October 1865, the economy was slowly growing, but the President new more Jobs were needed. The Secretary of the Treasury, John H, Reagan began to correspond with Northern and European textiles to come to the CSA. By the end of the year 4 textiles moved to the CSA.

But, The CSA would not survive without a strong military....
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »

Honestly while this is a good TL, the POD is totally implausible. For the South to win, it would have had to be far earlier in the War. It would have come after one of Lee's invasion, either in 1862 or 1863. By 1864 the war was lost for the South, and it was only a matter of time. HOWEVER, since I like the idea of a long TL, I'll keep reading and ignore the typos and the POD.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »

After the Confederate's victory in the war, many critics wondered how the CSA military would be rebuilt. Many people wanted a draft of some type to be enacted until the Military was built back up, but President Davis Proposed a different solution.

The Military Bill was a multi step piece of legislation created by Secretary of War Breckenridge, and President Davis. In the bill proposed a creation of a Military committee in charge of running the new proposed Confederate Fort System, and reforming the Military. And The President can think of no one better to run the committee than General Lee. After asking the general, he approved without a second to think about it

The Father of The Confederate Military.

The Bill was approved in the Confederate Congress on November 2nd, 1865. The Act was singed into law by President Davis on November 5th, 1865.

With the year of 1865 ending, the CSA was beginning to thrive as an independent nation. But can the country survive a constitutional crisis in 1866?

President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »

I find it somewhat unlikely that the South would have ever passed an income tax, let alone within five years of their victory.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

I find it somewhat unlikely that the South would have ever passed an income tax, let alone within five years of their victory.

It does not matter this is my TL. It's what i believe would have happened.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »

I see slavery lasting until the 1920s or 30s, but I think you're right that the CSA today would be an English-speaking Protestant version of a Latin American banana republic.
cpeeks
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »

Slavery would have ended by the 1880's, no way it would have lasted until the 1930's.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies