City-Off: The Americas (Boston/Brasilia) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:09:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  City-Off: The Americas (Boston/Brasilia) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: City-Off: The Americas (Boston/Brasilia)  (Read 11804 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: April 09, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

IN
Boston, USA
Recife, Brazil
Ushuaia, Argentina
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Cusco, Peru

OUT
Miami, USA
Chicago, USA

Removing Rio and Havana would be unbelievably stupid and retarded.

Yep
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:14:35 AM »

I don't know much about Kingston, i've never been there and i never bothered to learn about it.
I spent a few days in Bogota 5 years ago (3 days) and didn't really do a lot of sightseeing (i was really just passing by to go to Cartagena de Indias where i stayed a week) but the city looked interesting enough, though i admit i never really went too far away from my hotel, partly because there had been some sort of FARC attack a few days before i went there and i remember there were government soldiers absolutely everywhere. A bit intimidating i have to say Tongue

I still vote for Bogota.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »

I've never been to Canada so i can't speak about Vancouver.

On the other hand i went to Cuzco in the same month i visited Lima and Bolivia and i found it pretty interesting. The city is very well preserved and of course if you want to go to a historic city this one is a must. My only problem with it was that everywhere i went there was this pretty strong smell of piss, sometimes it was unbearable. I would surely have a hard time adjusting if i ever go to live there but I'm glad i went at least once in my life, piss smell notwithstanding Grin

So i vote Cuzco
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:56:51 AM »

Never been to any of them but Chicago looks like another typical american city and not a good looking one at that. Of course maybe i'm wrong, so feel free to enlighten me.

I still vote Guadalajara Tongue
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »

Monterrey might be nice, but Santiago is gorgeous. I only went there once when i was 8 but it did leave me a lasting impression. No contest from me.

Santiago.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:45 PM »

Of course i will be biased in this survivor in regards to the city i love the most. In fact i think that I'll never vote against it Tongue. Thankfully this is an even easier decision for me.

I vote Buenos Aires
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 12:19:29 PM »

I've been to Costa Rica 9 or 10 years ago and spent most of the time travelling around the country so my memory is a bit fuzzy in regards to San Jose (i remember more the time i spent in the Jungle Tongue). I don't remember any bad stuff happening, so i guess it was nice Tongue
I haven't been to Washington DC (in fact i just went to the US once in my life and it was a couple of days in Miami and it was a horrible experience) but my mother went there 2 years ago and said it was great and looking at the pics she took i will say that I'm tempted about going sometime in the future.

I vote Washington
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »

Never been to either of them, but while i feel that Toronto looks like a great city, New York can't really be kicked out right now.

I vote NYC
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 01:50:24 AM »

Lima is very pretty, though i prefered Cuzco. Never been to Medellin, but it doesn't look that spectacular.

I vote Lima
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:10 PM »

Bah, i only spent a couple of days in Mexico city the same summer i went to Playa del Carmen and i really didn't like the place, plus i use contacts and i got an allergy or something and it was most annoying Tongue
On the other hand Brazil is the country i have visited the most (i must have been there like 6 or 7 times and in 5 or 6 different cities), especially when i was a little kid and Porto Alegre is great, certainly enjoyed my time there.

I vote Porto Alegre
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »

I've been to Guatemala city about 6 years ago and i quite liked it, despite it's crime issues it looked like a decent place to live (or at least visit for a while Tongue). Never been to Los Angeles and all i can gather about it, is what i read and what i see in the movies or TV series and frankly I'm not impressed. Plus i think the US will have ample representation in this survivor, so this one won't be missed.

I vote Guatemala City
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 01:33:05 AM »

I'm planning on going to Havana in the next few years while on the other hand i've been a couple of times to Cordoba. Havana is probably going to win and maybe it should but Córdoba is beautiful and i'm going to act like a good patriot.

I vote Córdoba.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »

Sad
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »

Sorry, but i have to go with my Brazilian brothers in this one. The city is just great fun all around and being from Argentina it's not like hanging around close to favelas or shantytowns is that great of a turnoff.

I vote Río de janeiro
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 02:29:30 AM »

Never been to Houston and Caracas is pretty nice (I spent only 2 days there though Tongue)

I vote Caracas
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:53:52 AM »

You know what? i liked Sao paulo, not because the city is particularly beautiful but becasue i had a good time there, but La Paz is i believe a more interesting place to go than Sao Paulo (and i love to travel to Brazil). It also makes the round interesting Tongue

I vote for La Paz
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies